1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Pokémon Who is the best UU in OU in RBY?

Discussion in 'Chat' started by Captain obliviius, Oct 26, 2017.

?

Who is the best UU ringer in Rby OU

1. Articuno

41.2%
  2. Victreebel

41.2%
  3. Kingler

11.8%
  4. Raichu

5.9%
  5. Dugtrio

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Ninetails

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Moltres

23.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Captain obliviius

Captain obliviius Who is in charge here? Member

The choices listed are the mons that I've used with good results. If you have one to mention thats not listed please comment and talk strategy.

2. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Furr and Power Member

Firstly, we don't call it UU and OU here, we call it 1U and 2U. Secondly, the answer is most likely whatever's at the highest rank on the viability rankings (here) so probably Victreebel, but some people might prefer some ofthe D ranks.

Ninetales, Raichu and Dugtrio are garbage in 1U / OU.

Seriously, flareon is better than all of them and it's 6U (what smogon would call ZU)

3. Captain obliviius

Point taken about 1U 2U but am I sensing some hostility?

I've not seen a flareon work well before. Not that I'm disagreeing just would like to see some replays. raichu though once eggy is dealt with can be pretty thorny.

4. Disaster Area

Raichu struggles with eggy and chansey and even once those are down it's outsped by Tauros and it hardly beats Zapdos even though it's supposed to be a positive matchup for it.

There is a little hostility because it's not really an interesting question once you think about it for a second: all it's asking is, what's the best Pokemon in 1U that's not banned in the tiers below.

---

Ok here's some replays of flareon (not all are wins, not all teams that I used are necessarily good teams)

[Gen 1] OU replay: 90 Plus GXE vs. Jacob Tillberg - Pokémon Showdown
    [Gen 1] OU replay: Mister Tim vs. Jacob Tillberg - Pokémon Showdown
    [Gen 1] OU replay: Jacob Tillberg vs. ramzi86 - Pokémon Showdown
    [Gen 1] OU replay: Crystal rby vs. FlareonLover576 - Pokémon Showdown (RoA roomtour game)
    [Gen 1] 1U replay: mementoo morii vs. Disaster Area - Pokémon Showdown (Tokusane Cup #3 vs anti, somehow he burnt half of my Flareon Body Slam PP...)
    [Gen 1] 1U replay: The Idiot Ninja vs. Disaster Area - Pokémon Showdown (RBY 1U World Championship #4 - 2017 Round 1 game)
    [Gen 1] 1U replay: The Idiot Ninja vs. Disaster Area - Pokémon Showdown (RBY 1U World Championship #4 - 2017 Round 1 game)

5. Captain obliviius

Agreed on all raichus weaknesses but I also see its strengths in cockblocking rocks forcing opponents to give up something to para. Chansey switch ins can be beamed. But nonetheless...
    I don't understand your admitted hostility. I'm here to ask the community questions and learn. A question you might think is dumb, a new member might find interesting. I don't get people projecting their sense of elitism.

Disagreements aside
    please dig up some bad ass flareon replays. And thx

6. Disaster Area

It doesn't cockblock rocks, it just doesn't get walled by them. It's okay vs the 6th slot on most teams but it's bad vs all of the big 4, it requires a lot of set-up to be effective at that point (lax chipped enough, chansey chipped enough, egg chipped enough, and you can't rely on it to 1v1 tauros or the last necessarily, or at least it can't get through both). Thing is it requires a lot of work to get it into a position to be effective and it's not worth it considering also how much good it does once you do get it into position.

Added bad-ass flareon replays.

7. marcoasd

marcoasd P.I.P. PLAY IN PEACE Host Emeritus

It's very likely to be Articuno, Victreebel is legit too. Everything else listed is just behind with Moltres being decent. Persian has some chance too.

It's weird that Articuno and Victreebel aren't ranked at the same level, as they have always been, but a little bit more than half guys decided to promote Bel and little less than half decided to not do the same with Articuno.

The main difference between Articuno and Victreebel is that Articuno does very well against Tauros, Snorlax and Exeggutor; it can be splashed on a standard team, while Victreebel is a doublet of Exeggutor and asks for a specific build (lead + 3 normals + Bel +a filler just like Starmie is an option too).
    Victreebel has that combination of Sleep and OHKOs on GolDon + para'd Starmie, and greedy options like Wrap and Swords Dance - it's higher risk higher reward, and that reward is something I have always struggled pulling off, especially after Body Slam tragedy.

8. Captain obliviius

Well I expected Vic to be first and cuno as a close second. Cuno is my personal favorite. I actually think ive won more matches with it than with slowbro. Cuno got me into the top 10 on the ladder, >1500 elo, and >80gxe for the first time. So we have a special bond, me and the bird. I threw it on a team and something just clicked for me. I think because Its relatively easy to set up a Cuno v Tauros end game due to surprise factor.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  9. Disaster Area

I nearly went from 1500 to top 10 with a flareon on ladder on my main acc

If I won a game instead of losing it I would have hit the top 10 at that point...

Captain obliviius likes this.
  10. Captain obliviius

I really want to play some flareon now. Fire type is always my favorite element in every anime/supernatural genre.
    Charizard basically is my spirit animal. I will put myself at a disadvantage just to run a fire type. If firespin was more accurate I'd be running moltres as much as cuno.

11. Ortheore

Ortheore Host Emeritus

Echoing DA's comments that Dugtrio, Ninetales and Raichu are all pure garbage. I'm legitimately more interested in running Kabutops than those three.

Imo Articuno and Victreebel don't belong in the same conversation. Articuno may be strong, but it's stupidly easy to wall and its selling points over other Ice types, particularly Lapras, are minimal. Meanwhile Bel is a total wildcard with multiple different means of impacting a match and with an SD up it doesn't lack potency either

12. stunner047

stunner047 Member

I would say that Moltres is also an option. I have used it in world cup and it did not disappoint. I have seen Bel work but I have never had that much success with it. I agree that Cuno faces strong competition from other ice types, but if I wanted to make a team using a gimmick mon Cuno would be one of the first options to come to mind. The mon that I got the most success with is Kingler, which I used to get 3 alts on the top 25 of the RBY ladder. The only problem is that I sometimes get accostumed to playing Tauros endgames that when I switch to Kingler teams the first matches I make silly mistakes. I really like his ability to bypass stally sets like reflect+amnesia lax and reflect chansey, but it is metagame dependent, as opposed to bel which, if played well is going to shine against most archetypes
    edit: Pinsir is legit too

13. Lutra

Lutra Site Founder Owner

1U, 2U was deliberately chosen so that is equivalent to OU and UU. We do call it OU and UU, then we call it UUU, UUUU etc.

Captain obliviius likes this.
  14. TuffHunter

TuffHunter Member

No love for Dragonite?

15. EB0LA

EB0LA KING OF PP Member

Yeah what about Persian & Pinsir?