1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Community Where your name came from

Discussion in 'Chat' started by Captain obliviius, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Captain obliviius

Captain obliviius Who is in charge here? Member

So captain Obliviius came from me always using common euphemisms wrong on purpose to irritate my wife.
    Me: "I'm just stating the oblivious."
    Her: babe its stating the obvious.
    Me: laughing at her for thinking I was serious.
    captain obvious became captain oblivious from there.
    Don't know if y'all Europeans use these sayings.

The double "ii" thing was typo at first. I coukdve changed but I decided I liked it. Looks like one of those biblical roman names or something idk.

Anyways, my friends on here just call me captain.
    So what's the story behind your gaming name?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  2. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Furr and Power Member

Well my name is a personality descriptor, but it also is a cult reference. It's the name of the band in the book/radio/tv series The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy by Douglas Adams. Big fan of that

3. Ch01W0n5h1n

Ch01W0n5h1n Member

My nickname is from the South Korean Series "Gunman in Joseon".
    Choi Won Shin was a man who was kept in enslavement (and so was his daughter), until he became a merchant, taking his enemies down one by one, standing on no side.
    He felt like the whole world has left him in the lurch, thus he was only loyal to his daughter and his closest minion, who was like family to him.

4. Captain obliviius

Oh man I've been saying your name wrong this whole time lol. Sounds like an awesome character.

Ch01W0n5h1n likes this.
  5. Disaster Area

Yeah, first it was a radio series then a series of books, the tv came later, then the movie came a couple decades later. Movie was the worst of the four arcs by far imo.

6. Captain obliviius

That seems to be the way it goes. Movies often don't do justice. I just got into the john carter of mars series. The movie actually wasn't awful.

7. The Idiot Ninja

The Idiot Ninja Member

So I was on League of Legends like 4 years ago and I was trying to come up with something new to change away from the nickname I picked when I was like 11

So I thought "what's a good nickname" but I very quickly gave up because I can't come up with good nicknames so I just went with "what's the stupidest nickname I can think of" and there were two pro League of Legends teams at the time going around being Ninjas in Pyjamas (the original organization) and the Samurai in Jeans (some five kids who parodied them) and that was the silliest thing I could think of at that moment and I thought well how do I make it sound even more stupid easy just add the word 'idiot' in front

and so there you go I'm The Idiot Ninja ever since I very strongly regret ever choosing this and I could probably come up with something more inspired and meaningful now but I kinda built an alias with this nickname and changing it would just be weird now

8. Captain obliviius

Speaking of regretting names.. Who remembers husband and wife from the super smash bros tournaments? Husband played marth. Wife played as peach. Wife completely regrets it now lol

cherryb0ng likes this.
  9. Ortheore

Ortheore Host Emeritus

I made it up. I took two homophones, stuck "the" between them and bang. My prior username was Marttyr (don't think I used it for pokemon?), a product of 12ish year old me thinking it was cool when I played CoD4. Down the line I thought it was really cringeworthy and I wanted a name that I could use online and also in fantasy settings without sounding stupid, so I made Ortheore

10. Sadlysius

Sadlysius Member

I was Alysius but one day I was sad and one friend said to me that my name should be 'Sadlysius' :(

Gacu and FriendOfMrGolem120 like this.
  11. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END. Member

I'm a fan of the fantasy genre and was a fan of fungi. The pun was too good to pass up, but "magicmushroom" was taken on the first place I used it.

12. Enigami

Enigami Moderator

Type my name backwards.

13. FriendOfMrGolem120

FriendOfMrGolem120 aka. "FOMG" Moderator

When I started playing on Showdown I used to play under the alt "Newbie85365095" because I couldn´t think of a better name at that time and also just wanted to try showdown (and playing competive pokemon in general) out without knowing for how long I would stick around on that site. Then I played against someone called "MrGolem120". We ended up chatting a little bit and wanted play in the future as well. Because there is no friend list or a similar system on ps and I did not know when I would be online again, I simply chose the name "FriendOfMrGolem120" when I registered my first account so it would be easy for us both to remember each others name. MrGolem120 said soon after we met that he wanted to stop playing on ps and I haven´t seen him since.

Edit: He's back!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    Splash, Marcop9923, homura and 4 others like this.
  14. ThrashNinjax

ThrashNinjax Lets take to the Skies Host Emeritus

I was 12 and wanted to sound cool so I picked Lord Ninjax, because Lord, Ninja and X lmfao.

Fastforward a few years, I was going through my Slayer phase so I swapped Lord for Thrash and became ThrashNinjax here. Part of me actually wants to get banned so I can come back using one of the half-dozen better names I came up with (because I'm too lazy to name change lol)

FriendOfMrGolem120 likes this.
  15. Disaster Area

Ask Lutra for a name change :b: once you're decided on one

16. Century Express

Century Express melodies of life Member

Supertramp: Crime of the Century
    Kraftwerk: Trans-Europe Express

I've used to listen a lot these albums when i came up with this nick. I kinda regret it actually (sounds stupid / edgy a f), but whatever. My another nick (Yes) literally exists because of the band Yes

17. Chrysalis

Chrysalis scorpion Host Emeritus

I used to be the worst troll Pokémon Online has ever seen. There was a guy called [ SKY ] LiNKiN SHARK who got banned for toxicity in December 2013. One day I got bored, made an alt called [ SKY ] LiNKiN KARP (which fits even better imo because of the anagram) and started to join tours with only a Choice Scarf Magikarp, then timestalled my opps. I simply kept that name long after becoming a more mature person, because it's awesome.

Also what's up with y'all regretting your own nicknames, Century Express and The Idiot Ninja are totally fine.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  18. drud

drud Member

well it's nothing special but ill tell it anyway

so i like the pokemon called Druddigon and wanted it in my name on PO and i went around as "Wild Druddigon" (i know it was a bad choice but i was like 12/13 when i picked it) and i stuck with that for the PO era and PS came along and i had my wild druddigon name ready until i lost the password of that a couple of weeks later, so i went with "wild drud" but people just refer to me as drud which i appreciate lol, have been thinking of a name change but can't actually seem to think of a new good name

FriendOfMrGolem120 likes this.
  19. Disaster Area

aaaah I remembr [SKY] LiNKiN SHARK he was one of my buds haha

Chrysalis likes this.
  20. Ch01W0n5h1n

Ch01W0n5h1n Member

Linkin Karp is superior pun wise for sure though ^^

Chrysalis likes this.