1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. ATTENTION: For our 2023 season all of our tournaments will be hosted via the Pokémon Perfect Discord server rather than the forums. Please join us there and continue to enjoy our tournaments! https://discord.gg/2CsWWnan2A
  3. Tournaments

Check out the 2024 Tournament Calendar and join our discord server to participate in our tournaments!

What

Discussion in 'Not Pokémon' started by Disaster Area, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Furr and Power Member

2. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END. Member

They use all this new rhetoric about privilege which sounds all cutesy and probably doesn't speak to anyone not in their camp, but nobody pulled out the word that immediately came to my mind.

That word being "pogrom".

3. Ortheore

Ortheore Host Emeritus

*dons cynicism cap*

I mean yeah, these guys have a legit point but holy hell are they sensationalist. Sensationalism tends to cause more problems than it solves I think, and consequently I don't think much of this show.

*takes off cynicism cap*

This honestly makes me think about reactions to stuff like the Brussels/Paris terror attacks. Everyone makes such a big deal out of them, trying to make everything better by changing their dp photo, and then you'll encounter someone pointing out that a place in the middle east or africa experienced a terror attack that was just as severe the other week and literally no-one knew about it, all because of the hegemony perpetuated by western mainstream media. Granted this is slightly different (media attention as opposed to the murican justice system) but I'm sure you can see the similarity. This kind of double standard is pretty frustrating and a stain on our society. In fact I'm tempted to start having a look around for news sources devoted to piercing this bubble, but I cbf.

Of course, this double standard is also nothing new, so I'm a little disappointed to see an interesting case being presented in the form of 4 like-minded people circlejerking each other

Lutra likes this.