1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Finished WCoPP 2020 - Finals (Won by Spain)

Discussion in 'Other Tours' started by HSOWA, Oct 25, 2020.

1. HSOWA

HSOWA nyaw! Moderator

[​IMG]
    [credit to 0NI for the logo]
    Information | Spreadsheet | Replays | Discord

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Spain (5) vs Europe (3)

SS OU: Malekith vs Heika
    SM OU: Sagiri vs LLLiolae
    ORAS OU: Poek vs Z+V
    BW OU: M Dragon vs Wait2Seconds
    DPP OU: Ilesaural vs drud
    ADV OU: Garay oak vs Dizno
    GSC OU: X Knife vs Alice
    RBY OU: SMB vs SaDiSTiCNarwhal

As per this post, SS OU must be played in the pre Crown Tundra metagame.
    Replays must be saved, or the match will not count. It is recommended you play on Smogtours, which saves replays automatically.
    Deadline is Sunday, 1st November, 11:59pm GMT -5.

Heika, CALLOUS and Gacu like this.
  2. Gacu

Gacu Master of Procrastination Member

Let's go Europe!

Heika and SaDiSTiCNarwhal like this.
  3. Azazel

Azazel Member

Let's go Europe!

Gacu and SaDiSTiCNarwhal like this.
  4. Dizno

Dizno Liquid Swords Host Emeritus

5. SMB

SMB Member

6. Ilesaural

Ilesaural Manque pierda. Host Emeritus

7. Ilesaural

8. Alice

Alice Member

Gacu likes this.
  9. Wait2Seconds

Wait2Seconds Member

10. Malekith

Malekith Member

11. Ilesaural

12. Luispeikou

Luispeikou Member

GANAMOS

Malekith and EGALVANC like this.
  13. Wait2Seconds

Wait2Seconds Member

14. Malekith

Malekith Member

We did it!!!!

Thanks to PP and the hosts for hosting this, when I had the spanish forum I hosted some world cups too and it is so funny to make, to play and to watch, I wish you the best in future editions :)

I'm so happy to have decided to join this tournament some months ago, after some unlucky years in the smogon world cup I felt like we could try some other similar tournaments, because winning or not, I have so much fun when I play with my fellow countrymen, and after seeing that Spain was doing some poor performances here these past years, I decided to give it a serious try, it was worth!

I would like to dedicate this tournament to all the players that have represented Spain in some world cup ( specially the smogon one ), this is also for you guys.

And now some shout outs!

ilesaural: CAPI, we didn't start well with some last-second decisions about the line up and similar, but we went ahead and did our best, I told you we were gonna win this tour. I think you have grown a lot as a captain and as a player, so the best is yet to come!

Luispeikou: Always there when we needed it, to test, to play, or whatever, guys like him are essential in team tours, good atmosphere and good level, love you man.

egalvanc: I think you haven't been able to show all your potential in this tournament, but with a bit of patience and experience you will only do great things in this game!

Sagiri: One of the two discoveries in this tournament, you are FUEGO. Insane plays from this small man, I will never forget that Toxapex vs. Mawile :D , I gotta say that the best is yet to come for you too!

Poek: One of the veterans, when you decided to try to win this tour with us I breathed, we had one of the best ORAS players ever, nothing could go wrong! And after a rusty start, you went undefeated, as expected!

M Dragon: Vamoooooooosssssss Daviddddddd, I told you my man, we were gonna win this, and here we are, so happy to win it with you, and you know, we keep walking to make Spain one of the greatest countries in competitive pokemon ever :)

Garay oak: This hasn't been our tour bro, haha, but we all know you are an incredibly solid player and that we were more than happy to count with you at the beggining, we won regardless so we have the trophy and the lessons to keep growing! Sorry if I went mad sometimes, nothing personal, you know it.

rodriblutar: Each year you are more indispensable for us, in smogon or wherever, so solid player in all the generations that doesn't fear anything! not even a 1000 turn GSC-match, that is another day at the office for him. Thanks for growing with us rodri, and we will try bigger things in the near future!

SMB: MVP of the tournament without any single doubt. Bro this is insane, I haven't seen anything close to your record/performance in a tier like RBY! undefeated and undisputed. We knew you were solid, but you completely shocked us, you are one of the best if not the best RBY player of the moment, so happy to be in the tour with you, and lets see if the future put us together again! I hope so. You can't imagine how sure and calm I was when you played, for me it was a guaranteed win, and yeah.

Ranshiin: Our sub! You deserved to be here because you have been playing old gens for a lot of time and particularly this tournament these past years, also you were so solid in RBY and GSC and we needed a subs for those tiers for whatever could happen but rodri and SMB were dominating haha, thanks for being there too.

Again, thanks to all of you and rooting for the Spanish 2021 wcopp team! :D:D:D

PS: .l. Borja

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
    Dizno, Ranshiin, Gacu and 5 others like this.
  15. EGALVANC

EGALVANC Member

This is the first time I write an essay for this kind of thing

First of all I want to thank every single member of the team for putting some trust in me although I didn't do all I could have done in the end.

I feel like I could have helped more than I did and I feel very dissapointed about what my display was throughout this tour beacuse I personally believe I could have give my full potential and I could have done way better but I didn't beacuse I didn't feel in great shape after doing a poor performance in OLT specifically.

Having that said, I am looking forward to participate in more tournaments like this and I personally believe that I could do way better in further tours

I wasn't too talkative in the chat or I feel I was looking weird beacuse I usually don't use to play with people but against people in the ladder regularly rather than participating in a team tournament with other people or preparing a specific match against 1 or 2 persons per week and I feel like I was very impulsive due to the fact I've just described.

Anyways, I will do better, I will get better and I will be more helpful in further tournaments hopefully.

One last thing that I have to repeat:
    I am thankful that the people in the team put some trust in me even though how cancerous I used to be in the past.

Thank you again to all of you guys and till the day we meet again I'll be there if I am needed.

Peace

Malekith, SMB and Luispeikou like this.
  16. Ilesaural

Bueno. Al fin he sacado tiempo para escribir unos s/o. Me voy a poner un poco nostálgico y habrá mucho texto pero sorry, es lo que hay...

Me quiero remontar a la primera wcopp (2017). Alguien en Pokespain dijo que se estaba organizando un mundial de olds gens y que necesitaban gente. Yo era un completo desconocido que no fichaban para ningún torneo. Me cogieron para el equipo porque básicamente había que rellenar los huecos de subs, nadie tenía ni idea de quién era yo. Jugando con leyendas como Pokebasket o Gene SP JAJAJA. El capi era Poek que to hijoputa desapareció en w2 y alguien se tenía que poner de capitán y sinceramente a nadie le importaba el torneo una mierda, menos a mi. De alguna manera y con la ayuda de Dragon y Kaisser acabé 6-3 en mi primera vez jugando gsc y capitaneado el equipo. Desde ahí el staff de PP see fijo en mi como moderador, luego pase a Pokespain y desde ahí ya luego a jugar todos los tours, incluso la wcop de smogon. Pocos torneos me generan la ilusión que me hace este cada año, y me alegra mucho haberlo ganado con España y siendo su capitán y jugando games importantes. Ganando wcopp, consigo el doble trophy de wcopp+ppl y también mola. Han pasado muchas cosas desde aquella primera wcopp, y ahora la recuerdo con felicidad y nostalgia. Quién me hubiera dicho a mi que algún año la ganaríamos...

Mucho texto.

Paso a los s/o individuales...

SMB: Bueno, es increíble tu run en este tour. Supe desde el primer momento que te quería en ese slot de RBY y bueno, me esperaba un récord brutal, pero ese invicto ha sido una locura, y más sabiendo la hax fest que es rby. Te mereces todos los elogios que se me puedan ocurrir, brutal. Lo mejor de todo, creo que no te he visto haxear ni un game LMAO. Incluso en tie break, no has fallado. Me alegro de que una apuesta personal saliera tan bien. Grande sableyito, ORAS RU vibes.

(Además era el único que siempre scheduleaba y siempre posteaba sus replays, que los demás sois unos inútiles.)

Rodri: GENIO, el mago de los 2000 turnos. Has rendido en todas las tiers que te hemos puesto (que no han sido pocas) y has estado a buen nivel en GSC. Mi premio para el mas gracioso del chat va sin duda para ti. Te llevas todas las quotes destacadas.

La mejor: le voy a traer stall, forzar 2000 turnos, empato y así llega cansado a game 2.

Garay: Has tenido bastante mala suerte este tour, pero eres un gran jugador. No has hablado mucho por el chat, pero preparabas los games y jugabas, que es lo que me dijiste al principio del torneo así que. Merecías un récord mejor. Pero bueno, disfruta el trophy y gl en snake!!

Luispeikou: Mi cocapi fav <3
    Cuando te tocó jugar cumpliste bien y siempre eres una buena presencia en el chat, grande luisporco. Aunque como cocapi no hiciste mucho, y tampoco te dejé jugar en playoffs para alimentar mi ego. Pero bueno, siempre es un placer compartir equipo contigo hermano.
    Faltaron packs.

Malekith: Capitán en la sombra, en la sombra como tú record madre mía :V En las 2 primeras semanas antes del tour casi me matas y bueno no es para menos JAJAJAJJA. Bueno, gafado como siempre en dpp, pero clutch como nunca en las finales. Eso te salva. Capitanear contigo siempre es un honor para mí. Ggs, la próxima smogon wcop!!

M Dragon: Que decir de ti, mi compañero de test con mil batallas en bw y dpp y bueno brillante jugando también. Muchas gracias por jugar con nosotros este año y una gran presencia en el chat también. Eres de los grandes Dragon.

Poek: Bueno, un gran jugador que ha cumplido casi todas las weeks y tambien muy majete. Al menos este año no nos ha abandonado como el primer año que yo jugué.

Sagiri: Este año apostamos por meter gente nueva y bueno se decidió apostar por ti y no no has fallado, has jugado a un buen nivel y has sido majo en general, aunque bueno tus schedules... como para matarte.

Egalvanc: Hablando de schedules, bueno que voy a decir de ti. Egal, eres uno de los jugadores más talentosos que tenemos ahora en España pero necesitas centrarte muchisimo y dejar de ir a tu rollo. El potencial está ahí, solo te falta madurez. No ha sido tu mejor tour y bueno lidiar contigo siempre es un poco complicado, pero bueno si volviera a elegir el equipo ahora te volveria a escoger asi que... ay canario

Ranshiin: El único que queda de la generación de los 2 ultimos puestos en la wcopp, ay ranshiin cuanto hemos pasado, pero al final lo conseguimos, campeones!! No has jugado mucho este año con 2 bestias como SMB y Rodri y me gustaría que hubieras jugado un poquito más pero bueno, nos llevamos el trophy que es lo importante!!

SPAIN, WE'RE THE CHAMPIONS!!

Ty HSOWA & Callous for hosting and Christos for updating the spreadsheet

s/o soulwind :V

CALLOUS, EGALVANC, Ranshiin and 2 others like this.