1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

BW Ubers / 1U (Universal) Vote: Finalise the Tier or Start a Suspect

Discussion in 'Tiers' started by Ortheore, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Ortheore

Ortheore Host Emeritus

Hello everyone!

We're now a reasonable way into testing BW, on top of which it was already a familiar tier for some of us thanks to it being basically identical to BW Ubers. So myself and others decided it was a good time to vote on whether we suspect something or we accept the tier as healthy and cement it as 1U.

To vote, simply post saying either Finalise the tier or Suspect [pokemon]. If you do vote for a suspect, please name the pokemon in question- candidates that have been discussed include Kyogre, Arceus-Ghost and Darkrai. If any result receives over 50% of the vote, that is what we will be rolling with. This vote is open to all current participants in the BW New Frontiers tour.

edit: If you opt for a suspect, feel free to nominate multiple pokemon if you want, but rank them in order of preference, so we have some order for carrying out the suspects

Also if you have any other feedback, don't be shy about letting me know

edit2: This will be open for a week- voting ends Thursday 22 June

Vote count:
    Finalise- 4

==============

My vote: Finalise

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    Peasounay, DMA and Disaster Area like this.
  2. DMA

DMA Also known as CKW on SmogForums Member

Kyogre hasn't been much of an issue for me. A well built team will always carry a check that usually performs more roles then just that. If anything Arceus-Ghost may be close to being a issue that may disturb the balance. However, I'm not yet convinced that its worthy of a suspect. Do note I'm not as used to this tier as other plsyers but so far from a fresher angle, the meta doesn't seem to require any alteration. Thus, I vote for :

Finalise

3. Contact

Contact Under The Sea Member

This tier is literally BW2 Ubers 2.0, it didn't need suspects back then and it still doesn't need suspects now.

Finalize!

4. drud

drud Member

Finalise!

5. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Furr and Power Member

Looks like this is well past time, and all votes have been to finalise. Hence, BW 1B is now BW 1U. I will update the Tiers thread and the prefix.

Look out for a season in the near future! If you are interested in hosting, contact myself or Ortheore