1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. ATTENTION: For our 2023 season all of our tournaments will be hosted via the Pokémon Perfect Discord server rather than the forums. Please join us there and continue to enjoy our tournaments! https://discord.gg/2CsWWnan2A
  3. Tournaments

Check out the 2024 Tournament Calendar and join our discord server to participate in our tournaments!

GSC OU Trapping and Finalising our GSC 1U Ruleset

Discussion in 'Tiers' started by Disaster Area, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Furr and Power Member

;)

2. Chrysalis

Chrysalis scorpion Host Emeritus

Disclaimer: I will keep playing by Smogon rules regardless of how the retiering turns out, but I just need to say this.
    Since it's already clear from BW and ADV that the majority of the community greatly prefers the 1U-L tiers and will keep playing them either way, there is no reason not to retier GSC 1U the same way. Nobody will be alienated, just like nobody was alienated by the ADV split. But if we are going to introduce a new GSC, can we at least go by our own policy for that? There's absolutely no need to half-ass the tier, otherwise we will have another retiering project in 2 years. To people that are actually interested in retiering, it is not clear at all that Ho-oh and perhaps Celebi are supposedly broken and that Snorlax is not. Make your own tier the way you're supposed to, or don't do it at all.

The "retiering" we have now is just a sad excuse to repeat the vote on the SPT/ST issue, which, ironically, DA himself stated shouldn't be repeated for 1U-L because we got a supposedly clear result last year.

3. Disaster Area

I think you might not have noticed it but this thread got necrobumped, most of the posts you're talking about occured a year or two ago

Chrysalis likes this.
  4. Chrysalis

Chrysalis scorpion Host Emeritus

o fug, i blame the twitter bot

Disaster Area likes this.
  5. Disaster Area

It's alright, we can all pretend that post didn't happen :3