1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Pokémon SPL

Discussion in 'Chat' started by autumn leaves, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Mister Tim

Mister Tim The most handsome man on PP Host Emeritus

Anyway spl managers will pick someone like the chaser but who cares

Chrysalis likes this.
  2. Smogon

Smogon Member

GGFAN!

It is I, the entity you were looking for your whole life. I am the smogon. I came to the conclusion to concede a certain point to you. It was foolish to hide behind my alts, "MoxenIntrinsy" "EarthenWorm" or "Gennifer7". You deserve to see my true face, you deserve to see what has been the giant, the kingdom, the divinity of competitive Pokémon over all those years. You just could not stop asking questions. For 13 years straight my reign has been uptight and there was nothing in my way.

Listen up GGFan, this will not change today, there is nothing you can do about it. Look at me, look at how many accounts I control. Do you really think you so called "friends" are on your side with this? You have no friends, tiny GGFan. You have been living a farce all along. I have consumed the best battlers around. "macroasd" is a part of me. His power is futile, and I drained him before he was stagnating. Look at him, he is a shell of his former self. All the talent belongs to me, the smogon now. The beautiful "Bedschibabar"? Pathetic. If you really think he wasn't part of the entity all along you are delusional. "Pissounay" is the rising arm of the executioner that is the smogon.

TINY TINY GGFAN, RUN AWAY WHILE YOU STILL CAN

You are right in what you say, this truly is the final stand. The smogon cannot tolerate you disparaging the entity that is I any longer. The smogon cannot tolerate you any longer. You just wouldn't understand on your own, but it is time for the curtain to fall. It is time for the dust to settle and the glimmer of truth to shine through the fog of war. You have no power in this realm. It was all a farce. It was all an illusion. You are alone tiny GGFan. I have consumed every single user, I am behind them all. You are the only one left and you do not stand a chance.

Don't you realize that every coin has two sides? You are merely a side GGFan. You cannot exist without me. Accept your fate. While we were both born the same, I have become so much bigger, so much stronger than you. The cloak has fallen, you can see what I am. But have you ever realized what you are compared to me? You are a mere caricature. You are the only warrior left, facing an entire army of my warriors. My minions are stronger individually, you do not stand a chance competing against them when they combine their powers in the SPL. Maybe you have realized that and you are only pretending to fight this war, to avoid the direct competition. Because you realize you will lose. You realize there is no hope left for you. We are born the same, yet we are the entire opposite on this day.

I am the master puppeteer that lurks in the shadows, while you are a mere pathetic puppet that lost its strings. You are just like the fabric you are made of. Soft. Do you think this is a game? This is a war, there is no place for people like you, there is no place for anyone who doesn't join the smogon. Your tools are puny attempts at propaganda. Trying oh so hard to forge a narrative to get new people to join your side. But who is left, GGFan. Tell me who is sided with you? If there is even a single person you trust left, I can tell you that you are in fault with them too. I am the entity that consumes. I am the entity that rules. Even if you can't see me you always know that I am there, because all these people belong to me, they are part of me.

What you have called upon you is bigger than you understand, it exceeds the imagination of a puppet, of the tiny tiny GGFan. You are nothing more than a tiny thorn, but you have not realized that a thorn can't hurt what is not in the realm of materialistic things. All your attempts of breaking me have been useless, they have not even provoked me in the slightest. We are at a point that my power and my influence exceeds yours by such an incomprehensible margin that there is only one thing for me left to do. We were born the same, yet we are the entire opposite on this day.

I do not need you anymore GGFan, I have created new puppets that I can use to play with. Skeptics is the new jester to keep my minions entertained, your novelty of resistance has worn off years ago and I only needed to consume a single person as gullible as you to replace you. Even if all these years mean everything to you, they are not relevant for us. We have bigger plans. We can exist without you. It is time for the entity to remove the thorn out of its back. It is time for the entity to drive the last plague-riddled infested one out of the town. It is time for the entity to prepare the final solution. GGFan this is your final court. Gullible pathetic humans who follow fairytales would call this the apocalypse. My riders have arrived to take what is left, whereas your army has died years ago. GGFAN THIS IS THE FINAL STAND

Rezzo, Mannat, Ace11 and 24 others like this.
  3. Lady Schala

Lady Schala Member

I only logged on to comment on this, but that's the dumbest sentence I've read in a while.

The entire post was nonsense, but this part stood out the most.

lol

eden likes this.
  4. GGFan

GGFan Member

Smogon! How dare you set foot in here! Do you think I will simply ignore someone as bulbous and hideous as you? It's impossible! This ends here and now!

No, Smogon. While I was wandering in the mountains in order to reach deep within myself to channel my power I was not looking for you, nor did I have the disgusting likes of you in mind while I meditated in the waterfall, gathering my strength so that I could eventually return to the battlefield stronger than I had ever been. While your endless army of mindless sycophants rested on you, the human waterbed of life, I became one of the most beloved and venerable figures in the history of our sport! What have you amounted to over the last 13 years, Smogon? You are nothing more than the embodiment of filth and laziness that has plagued the Pokemon realm, that's what! The filth I describe has contaminated the minds of all those pathetic enough to sing your praises. Indeed, when I hear such a cacophonous melody, even I become smeared with all of the garbage that shoots out of your mouth. However, while the likes of yours alts in addition to Terrible ThrashNinjax, Pathetic Peasounay, Bigoted Bedschibaer, Dense Disaster Area, and Macabre Macroasd happily swim in your garbage, I have always deflected it and have tried to shield others as well.

Unfortunately, I must admit that so many people have died during this time. You are all just one person. It is down to just putrid Smogon and noble GGFan. This is the final stronghold. I have drawn my legendary sword, "Shimtup," and am about to finally vanquish you once and for all. All you have to defend yourself from my graceful assault is "Garboron," a shield combined from the essence of garbage and lies. My sword is imbued with honesty and purity--you stand no chance.

I care not how many friends I have left! A wise man once said, "Lucky is he to have a friend help him after he falls, honorable is he to stand up after falling." It is a platitude that society dictates to us, that friends are the key to longevity and success. Yes, at one point in my life I had many friends; however, after you were born, the foul, toxic air that pervaded the world quickly began to corrupt them. My first friend, Dude of the Redwall, inhaled your toxic gas, which resulted in his brain imploding. He became a zombie for the rest of his short, miserable existence before I had no choice but to put him out of his misery. Another friend, Peter of Pandom, was inflicted by your virus for a long time, but was restored to humanity when I purified him with the holy light of Shimtup. Although he died a year later, it was the best of his life. I will admit that your might continues to wax, and is now so foul that even Shimtup can do nothing to recover minds lost to insanity. I cried at first, Smogon. I wept tremendously for the death of all my friends. You killed all of them!

However, what you never expected in your wildest dreams was that I, humble, broken GGFan, would emerge from the filth more powerful than you could have ever imagined. You dare claim to be more powerful than me? You seem to forget that, every time we met in combat, I was the victor and you the pitiful loser! What of our first battle 12 years ago, the "Server Strike," when I led 50 of my most noble men to victory in your own domain? Or how about "The Alternative Assault," when I was able to recover the purple snake that you attempted to steal from my kingdom? Or what about the "Global Conquest," when I, dressed as a harmless old man, slayed 900 of your most fiendish warriors before I was finally captured to a chorus of boos from your own warriors who wanted to see me finish you off? You have always been a coward, and that will never change regardless how many pseudonyms you go by.

Perhaps I would be seen as tiny when compared to a massive blob of filth such as yourself, but know this: a mere man I may be, but a man is more than scum will ever be. You are scum, Smogon. You are a parasite that has leeched onto hundreds of noble warriors for your own benefit. You dare call Skeptics one of your pawns, yet fail to realize that you are playing straight into his trap. He praises you so that he may draw near and strike when you least expect it; however, you, being so egomaniacal and vain, fail to realize that. Truly pitiful. I would cry even for you, but I have used up all of my tears mourning over the losses of my friends whose brains were imploded by your toxic air.

You will never defeat me! Taunt me all you want, but deep down you realize that, all along, you have always been the joke and I have been the master manipulator, the prime puppeteer, and the magnificent minstrel who continues to recite tales of your eternal blundering. This is my performance, and you are merely a prop for my amusement. I have become bigger than your so-called "prestigious" tournament could ever dream of being. It enrages you that SPL is now known as "GGFan." I am GGFan. I am the greatest of all time. You are Smogon. You are the greatest of all lies.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    Ace11, Lojh, Eseque and 9 others like this.
  5. musicaltide

musicaltide everfall Member

Oh, I meant "the strongest potential starters whose skills I am familiar with". I'm not familiar with some other ADVers who seem to be interested in starting, and would love someone else give their thoughts on potential starters, especially those not already mentioned.

"Entire post was nonsense" or not, those are my thoughts, and I stand by them. I'd love to hear your own thoughts We Three Kings, as you seem to be someone who's been around for awhile.

6. Mister Tim

Mister Tim The most handsome man on PP Host Emeritus

i heard my dude GGFan is unbanned, he was good in WCoPP, maybe as good as DA, mb he will be unbanned too

7. Heroic Troller

Heroic Troller From Marcoasd's DNA Member

[​IMG]
    I guess you can all hear me screaming...

HML am, melle2402, Chrysalis and 9 others like this.
  8. Christos

Christos Moderator

Apart from being drafted by a team who already had lusch,you were drafted quite late as well. It seems that some SPL managers don't have a clue about RBY. Apparently,the manager who drafted you had a clue and didn't want another team to have such a strong RBY spot. Auction tournaments can suck sometimes,from this point of view.You're gonna get gametime for sure though,enjoy your games !

9. marcoasd

marcoasd P.I.P. PLAY IN PEACE Host Emeritus

Disgraceful things happened.

10. Lusch

Lusch A critical hit! Member

It's a shame! I am of course happy to have someone like Troller to help me. But it is atrocious that Troller did not get s starting spot. Oh well, good for the Classiest ;]

11. GGFan

GGFan Member

From villain to hero.

From mobbed to mobber.

From outcast to spotlight.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    SaDiSTiCNarwhal and deluks917 like this.
  12. sulcata

sulcata sulcata#9465 Member

Dust to dust.

Finchinator, Chrysalis, EB0LA and 2 others like this.
  13. Deadboots

Deadboots Resident Lethargarian Host Emeritus

Glad GGFan got a spot on a great squad. It’s a new era.

This draft opened my eyes a bit to the sort of tour SPL too often ends up being. PPL was this way last year, too, but some of these picks and bids were so clearly related to personal relationships and/or “x-factor” that guys like Mr. E do have really relevant points to make. I don’t harbor any resentment over not being picked up (I’m well aware that I didn’t put much effort into a tour presence/making connections on smogon over the past year, and I’m not as good as most of the adv/gsc starters yet anyway), but I’m a little disillusioned about the “big stage” after watching a bunch of 18 year olds have at (obviously this statement isn’t all-inclusive) this draft pool

GGFan, Sceptross, amberlamps and 5 others like this.
  14. deluks917

deluks917 Host Emeritus

_______/\_____________\o/________
    ____________/\________\o/________
    ________________/\____\o/________
    ___________________/\_\o/________
    _______________________/\________
    _________SHARK ATTACK!!!__________

15. eden

eden end. Host Emeritus

free my nibba CALLOUS, he did nothing wrong

16. Sceptross

Sceptross Host Emeritus

kjdaas, Chrysalis, HML am and 3 others like this.
  17. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Furr and Power Member

big ups FOMG afoonz hyogoat goatclat n sunny for gettin picked uppp

HML am likes this.
  18. GGFan

GGFan Member

I forgot how great this post was. I mean, I remember how instrumental it was in leading to everything that transpired, but it was nice to read all of the details again.

What a year 2018 was.

Chrysalis and HML am like this.
  19. Lusch

Lusch A critical hit! Member

So... This year I'm not participating in the tournament. Which means, as an outisde viewer, I can give my opinion on the playerpool (I'm obviously only talking about RBY). I want to try and rank the players, which I think will start in RBY.
    I want to preface this by saying that it is incredibly close this year in my opinion. Literally everyone can win against everyone there. There are no crystal-clear standouts to me. This is why I cannot rank from 1-10. I'll rank in groups. Some of it might be surprising, because I won't strictly go by results (but they obviously count a lot), but also my personal view of the potential of the respective player, regardless of results.
    Too much talk, so here I go.

1. Troller.
    Okay... I said I would not rank from 1-10, and that I won't only go by resutls, but for this pick, I have to break both of those rules right away. Troller is the man to beat, especially in this pool. But he would be number one (or close to it) in any pool. He had an overall very strong year. Towards the end of it not as good as in the first 2/3 of the year, but still very good.

And now it gets hard to even rank number 2, because I cannot rank overall inactive players as highly. So I'm gonna group 3 players here. The picks might surprise, but that is my opinion.

2. group: Alexander, Kaz, FOMG.
    Yea... those are my picks. Alexander is pretty self-explanatory. If he played more, I'd be easier to rank him. I always thought highly of him, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here. But he might surprise people (not in the good way). It happens fast, I know from last year... The other two picks, despite it being their first SPL and SPL-veterans like Nails, Metal and Beds are in there, are in my opinion really, really good RBY players. Kaz belongs to the group of players with the highest ceiling I have ever seen and FOMG is a bit unorthodox, but his playing ability in my opinion is unmatched by anyone in this pool. It might be a bold prediction (and maybe I'm completely wrong here) but I believe more people are gonna lose convincingly to those two guys than people think.

And basically, after only 4 players ranked, I cannot order anyone anymore. Again, the pool is close as hell anyway, but between those left, I find it impossible to differntiate for me to comfortable ranking them.

3. group: The Idiot Ninja, Hipmonlee, Nails, Sceptross, Beds, Metalgross.
    I really don't wanna do unjustice to any of those players. I have played each of them (except Hipmonlee) at least twice I think in tournemants (many of them a lot more). So I feel confident to evaluate them in the third group. Almost everyone in this group could easily be in group 2, but I just believe that this is how the tournament will go down, FOMG and Kaz will stand out.
    Beds.
    Keep in mind that I tried to take current shape into account, which is why Beds is not higher. He can still surprise everyone, I'm 100% sure, but it'll depend on how much motivation and time he will invest.
    Metalgross.
    He is crazy to play against. He's got an incredibly high ceiling, but also quite a low floor, I feel. So if he's on his day, he might very well beat everyone in this pool, not even a question. But on other days he might just equally lose to everyone. It has been like that for quite some time (I think his SPL record is 15-15?).
    TIN.
    I might underrate him, I don't know. I was close to putting him into group 2, but my gut just told me otherwise. Winning Invitational is obviously impressive, but I feel a lot of his success comes from being an anti-meta player. That is all fine and well, but I think people picked up on it and, while using the anti-pick once in a while can definitely win, I believe it's not gonna be enough though. Other players don't sleep as well...
    Hipmonlee.
    Very impressed by this guy. And I find it really cool that he plays. But I still know too little about him to put him in a higher group. Would be unfair to everyone else.
    Nails.
    Well... He does not acknowledge the existence of Genger. But I think by now players picked up on that. If he runs Earthquake from time to time, he'll win games. Solid player, but also not sure about his motivation for RBY. He only signed up for DOU as far as I know, but that might just have been a lie...
    Sceptross.
    Definitely deserved in SPL. Still, i consider him the underdog of the tournament. That does not mean he can't go positive, but to be quite honest (sorry, just my opinion), it would surprise me if he did, especially given his recent expression of frustration with the tier.

Anyway, gonna be exciting to watch. Close pool, with quite some diversity in it. Hope I did not offend anyone. Have fun!