1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. ATTENTION: For our 2023 season all of our tournaments will be hosted via the Pokémon Perfect Discord server rather than the forums. Please join us there and continue to enjoy our tournaments! https://discord.gg/2CsWWnan2A
  3. Tournaments

Check out the 2024 Tournament Calendar and join our discord server to participate in our tournaments!

GSC SleepTrap Vote and Discussion [Vote Closed]

Discussion in 'Tiers' started by Ortheore, Dec 29, 2016.

1. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END. Member

Can't say I like this very much. Half the SPT votes are phoned-in from people who can't even be bothered posting here (yes, I just played the "this is not Smogon" card), and it's questionable if such a totally cancerous thing should even be in the cards for a vote (yes, I just played the "logic vs. zombie horde" card). I'd suggest revisiting it after this season.

Enigami and Ortheore like this.
  2. Ortheore

Ortheore Host Emeritus

I generally agree. I think it's important we establish our own tiering philosophy and in terms of that, this vote represented a massive fuck-up because I really think SPT has no place in it and I would have rather had no ban for that reason (as much as that's a really shitty option). Having said that, it's also just that I think SPT is really fucking stupid- I think smogon ought to go SleepTrap since it's just a more sensible ban but w/e. There were also some issues with the vote in terms of people voting ambiguously and not clarifying their position. So yeah, a lot to take from this. I hope to revisit this after the season, but we'll see how we go

EDIT: Vote is closed, but I'm leaving this thread open as a discussion

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017