1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Pokémon Sets named after their creators / with known creators

Discussion in 'Chat' started by Disaster Area, Aug 10, 2016.

1. GGFan

GGFan Member

No need to take out your bitterness in this thread with a generalizing and ignorant message. That's clearly not true.

Anyways, nobody uses most of these nicknames. This is just for fun.

2. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Furr and Power Member

tobybro is super commonly used, crocune is always used when referring to it, and furthermore the cro- prefix has become standard for being before resttalk/boost/attack mons.

But I guess with some of the shit that's being included it's more legitimate than 'fapauros' - I've never ever watched him use a fire blast tauros or talk about it. I've seen bkc dice tobes and nails use it.

That being said most of the names I would use or I would recognise what the set is at least.

(it is true though, noone other than you calls it friendlymie :p)

3. GGFan

GGFan Member

Now you're just blatantly being butthurt. I said nobody uses “most” of these names (lol@you including your own moveset in this thread that nobody says besides yourself). Tobybro is an obvious exception, but that’s obvious because it’s a great moveset that’s been around forever.

Anyways, I already posted a link that proves that I’m not the only one who uses the name “FriendlyMie,” or associates me with it. Golden Gyarados admitted in his interview that he associates the name “FriendlyMie” with me, and Ortheore said that my Starmie set changed the metagame. That’s already enough.

Besides that, Lutra used it in this very thread. So, I’m clearly not the only one who uses it. Also, this thread is only exposing more people to that name, which is fine by me.

I’m about giving credit where credit is due. I call Reflect Amnesia Lax GSCLax out of respect for SamG, who created the set and gave it that name. SamG is an obscure name who only a very few amount of people have heard of.

Anyways, you don’t need to be so salty in this thread. That’s what PMs and the inbox are for.

Love,
    GGFan

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  4. Disaster Area

[05:49:32] George S. [Disaster Area]: wait so what set exactly is fishlax
    [05:49:38] George S. [Disaster Area]: cos this was being discussed on the forums the other day
    [05:49:45] David Kirk: Amnesia, Rest, Ice Beam, Body Slam

welp.

5. GGFan

GGFan Member

Well, he's definitely wrong about that one. That was known as a "hybrid" set.

6. seto fcking kaiba

seto fcking kaiba Member

Since I'm gonna stop playing Pokemon I will be revealing some Pokemon that was very effective in the ladder gen1OU I have been using that is not in that chart:

Seto Lapras: Confuse Ray, Sing, Thunderbolt, Blizzard
    Setonorlax: Reflect,Amnesia,Ice Beam,Rest

7. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END. Member

Missed this at the time.
    I would never name a set after myself that I didn't invent, and I already admitted copying it from Redemption.

(To be honest, I'm pretty sure I've never invented a set that nobody had thought of before; there are a couple of things I'm pretty sure I came up with independently of those before me, like Hyper Beam Zapdos which I didn't get from here, and ADV RestTalk Aero, but it isn't even one of those.)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  8. fapkingg

fapkingg Member

Hey guys, just to clarify: I didn't invent "fapauros" (oo) or what you call Fire Blast Tauros. That was something Enigami told me about a while ago which i really liked so I decided to spam it in my tournament games and ladder matches, and that means credits mostly go to him! As a result, I was the one who popularized it especially when SPL 7 was around (It was pretty much inexistant back then), when I showed the concept to Nails and he started to slap Fire Blast Tauros on most of his teams hahaha.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  9. Disaster Area

So it was YOU!