1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Event RBY 251 Live Tournament

Discussion in 'Global Tournaments' started by Crystal_, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crystal_

Crystal_ Member

What is RBY 251?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

RBY 251 is a hand-made metagame that consists on all 251 GSC Pokemon in a RBY environment: RBY mechanics, RBY moves, no Items, no Special split... RBY 251 is meant to be the answer to the question: How would RBY look like if Pokemon up to #251 had existed in the first generation?

GET STARTED

1. Download the mod here (Updated 9/30/2013)
    2. Open Pokemon Online and go to the Team Builder
    3. Click Mods -> Install new Mod
    4. Search the RBY 251 mod and open it (it's a .zip file named RBY 251). It will likely be in your downloads folder.
    5. Make a team and save it
    6. Now you are ready to go battling! Go online and in advanced connection enter Mount Silver - 83.41.189.64:5080, or search for the server Mount Silver
    7. Find someone to play and have fun!

Important info/notes

NFE Pokemon except Scyther have been removed to make room for the GSC Pokemon. It was not possible to keep them because only Pokemon numbered between 0 and 151 could be given a RBY-style special stat in Pokemon Online. For this reason, GSC Pokemon have been merged with RBY pokemon. They have all been sorted alphabetically between numbers 1 and 138 (1-Aerodactyl 2-Aipom ...).

This means that the RBY 251 mod is not compatible with any other generation or metagame because Pokemon would have different index numbers. If you want to have RBY 251 and non-RBY 251 teams loaded at the same time, it's advised that you open Pokemon Online twice, and use one instance for RBY 251 and the other one for every other metagame. In fact, only the RBY 251 metagame can be played in the Mount Silver server.

Due to a bug related to legal move combinations and move compatibility, pre-evo moves such as Beedrill's String Shot and Arcanine's Flamethrower have been merged with level up moves and they all show up as 'Level' in the team builder.

If you are going to battle in the RBY 251 tier, old battle window must be selected or otherwise you will see incorrect sprites.

With the RBY 251 mod on, RBY (and GSC) Pokemon will show the correct RBY 251 Special stat in the teambuilder instead of the Special Attack stat of the future generations.

Additional comments

The level up learnset of GSC Pokemon in RBY 251 matches their level up learnset in GSC excluding the moves that did not exist in RBY.

Signature moves of GSC Pokemon have been kept. This includes Aeroblast (Lugia), Sacred Fire (Ho-oh), Megahorn (Heracross), Sketch (Smeargle), Triple Kick (Hitmontop), Milk Drink (Miltank), Present (Delibird), and Spider Web (Ariados).

Bite is a Dark-type move and Magneton is a Electric/Steel-type Pokemon.

The TM/HM moves available in RBY 251 are only the TM/HM moves available in RBY. These 55 TM/HM moves (50 TM + 5 HM), they can be separated in different groups depending on their status in the following generaion(s):
    (If a move satisfies two or more of the following critera, whichever criterion comes first takes precedence)

• Moves learned by every Pokemon in RBY, with the exceptions being only Caterpie, Metapod, Weedle, Kakuna, and Magikarp --> Every GSC Pokemon except Unown and Wobbuffet (and Smeargle who learns everything via Sketch aka level) learns them in RBY 251. Examples: Mimic, Rest.
    • Moves that are also TM/HM moves in GSC --> If a Pokemon learns it in GSC, the Pokemon learns it in RBY 251. Otherwise, doesn't. Examples: Fire Blast, Fly.
    • Moves that can be learned by tutor in GSC --> If a Pokemon learns it in GSC, the Pokemon learns it in RBY 251. Otherwise, doesn't. Examples: Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower.
    • Moves that can be learned by TM/tutor in ADV --> If a Pokemon learns it in ADV, the Pokemon learns it in RBY 251. Otherwise, doesn't. Examples: Counter, Body Slam, Swords Dance.
    • If a Pokemon can learn a move via breeding but can not learn it via TM/tutor, it does not learn it in RBY 251. Example: Mantine and Rock Slide.

There is a very small number of justified exceptions to these rules. Examples: Hitmontop and Rock Slide (Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee don't learn it in RBY), Espeon/Umbreon and Cut (the other eons don't learn it in RBY). The main exception is Reflect, which has a much wider compatibility in RBY than in ADV, where it is a tutor move.

Reflect and the moves that don't belong to any of the previous criteria have their compatibility chosen according to RBY trends. For example, only Pokemon that can stand in two legs learn Submission; Psychic and Psywave are learned by the same Pokemon, and idem for Water Gun and BubbleBeam. In addition, GSC's Giga Drain and Skull Bash are used as a reference for Mega Drain and Headbutt respectively, because of the very similar spread in GSC (when looking at RBY Pokemon).

The Special stat of each Pokemon is either its GSC Special Attack stat or its GSC Special Defense stat. One stat or another has been chosen following RBY trends, considering the BST, and/or using common sense. There are a few exceptions of Pokemon with a Special stat that doesn't come from its SpA/SpD (see spreadsheet below).

For more information

For more information check the RBY 251 spreadsheet, which includes the TM/HM moves learned by each Pokemon as well as the Special stats and other stat twists. You can read the comments in the spreadsheet for more information.

If you need help...

...installing the Mod, connecting to the server etc., don't hesitate to contact me via PM in Pokemon Perfect, Smogon, RBY2K10, or Mount Silver.

If you feel that the standard Mod and the RBY 251 Mod are mixing up in the Team Builder and causing bugs in the sprites, try doing File -> Load All -> OK in the Team Builder. That will reload all your teams in a format according to the Mod you have selected.

You can come to the Mount Silver server for practice games, but note that it is not a 24/7 server. You can also find information about the Mod and the server itself in the server's header.

Tournament Information

The tournament will be played in Mount Silver's official Pokemon Online server. Once again, the adv. connect is: Mount Silver - 83.41.189.64:5080.

The format of the tournament will be Round Robin if there are less than 8 participants; otherwise, Single-elimination.

Rules:

• Sets are Best of 3
    • Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh and Celebi are banned
    • Species, Sleep, Evasion, Freeze, and Self-KO clauses.
    • OHKO moves are banned
    • Partial trapping moves are allowed

ROUND 1:

• Sunday 6th, 6:00 PM GMT
    • Crystal_ vs. VallejoMC (1-0 ret.)
    • Isa vs. Velli (2-1)
    • To be scheduled
    • M Dragon vs. marcoasd

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  2. marcoasd

marcoasd P.I.P. PLAY IN PEACE Host Emeritus

In, I need to find out how to make it work but I'm interested

3. M Dragon

M Dragon Member

In
    Seriously Lutra, remove the 10 letters limit

4. VallejoMC

VallejoMC Member

In
    randomletters

5. Isa

Isa Member

I have no idea why this is hosted on PP, but in.

6. Crystal_

Crystal_ Member

Five entries in an hour and no idea? :confused:

7. Lutra

Lutra Site Founder Owner

Done. Not joining yet though.

8. Velli

Velli Member

I have never played this and will probably get destroyed, but it sounds interesting. I'm in.

9. marcoasd

I may not be in Sunday... is that mandatory or I could play the matches later?

10. Crystal_

Crystal_ Member

The thing is that i can't host a 24/7 server. So if the tournament is not live, for each battle we would have to arrange a time for three persons; both players and myself, which makes things very complicated.

Either way, if you could know for tomorrow whether you will be able or not to play on Sunday, that would help me come up with a solution.

Still, I'm nearly 100% sure would be able to keep the server open at least between 7:00 PM GMT+2 and midnight every day. So in the case that all players could arrange a time with their opponent that fits into that time span, maybe we could make the tournament be not live and give more "freedom" in this sense. But with less timespan and myself requering to have the server open, I see this leading to lots of problems easily; that's why I opted for a live tournament.

11. marcoasd

I see. Tomorrow I won't be in 99%, but I can be online between 7:00 PM GMT+2 and midnight most of the time

12. Crystal_

Crystal_ Member

Okay I have a new idea. Since it will be a 6-player tournament, we can divide the players in two 3-player pools, Pool A and Pool B. Pool A can take place on Sunday and Pool B in another day, like Tuesday (can't guarantee at the moment if Monday will work for me). So players that can only play on Sunday are put in Pool A, players that can only play on [Tuesday/insert day here] are put in Pool B, and the final between the best player of Pool A and the best player on Pool B takes part another day that can be discussed after pool matches are done.

So I'd need to know asap:

- Who can make Sunday
    - Who can not
    - People that are available to play during the weekdays after this Sunday, tell us which days they can make out of next Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday (past 7:00 PM GMT+2).

That said I'm closing the signups already.

Isa: Only Sunday
    marcoasd: Not Sunday, most week days
    M Dragon:
    VallejoMC:
    Velli: Sunday

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  13. Velli

Velli Member

I can definitely play on Sunday. Tuesday might be difficult, same for wednesday. Thursday shouldn't be a problem, though I'm not 100% sure yet.

14. VallejoMC

VallejoMC Member

Sunday works for me.

15. Crystal_

Crystal_ Member

Velli beat Isa 2-1 and VallejoMC retired after I won the first game.

marcoasd and M Dragon, you two should schedule a time to play and then let me know about it. If next Sunday 6:00 PM GMT works for you two, then we can have your round 1 set and the finals happen in the same day. Otherwise preferably schedule for earlier than that day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.