1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Finished Pokemon Perfect League 2020 Week 2

Discussion in 'Other Tours' started by CALLOUS, Apr 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CALLOUS

CALLOUS YouTube.com/CALLOUSnarrates Leader

[​IMG]

**Cracking down on posting results and replays from this week on**
    If a match result and accompanying replay is not posted in the thread, as far as I'm concerned it did not happen.

Round ends 5/3 at 11:59PM EST.

Spreadsheet

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Blackthorn Dragoons (3) vs Cinnabar Pyros (6)

BW-
    Rokhan vs Raiza
    BW-
    Meridian Heika vs Caasi
    DPP- Lucix
    vs Luigi
    DPP- Sageau vs Haru
    ADV- hclat
    vs welliou
    ADV- TreinerOrenge vs jacob
    GSC-
    k3nan HSOWA vs Blightbringer
    GSC- THUNDER CEBRA vs p2
    RBY- Jaajgko
    vs Genesis7
    RBY- Frrf vs Thiago Nunes

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Driftveil Gold Diggers (2) vs Goldenrod Rollers (8)

BW-
    Leo vs boom bye yeah
    BW-
    Nalorium vs Bushtush
    DPP-
    Emeral vs Void
    DPP-
    4th prince vs snøfall
    ADV- Tony vs Altina
    ADV- pokology vs watermess
    GSC-
    Excal vs Lojh
    GSC-
    hyogafodex vs neomon
    RBY-
    Nails vs EB0LA
    RBY- marilli
    vs Mister Tim

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Fortree Snipers (5) vs Mossdeep Supernovas (5)

BW- Lax vs Caetano93
    BW- Evuelf vs Ilesaural
    DPP- byronthewellwell vs honor
    DPP- drud vs Dream
    ADV- Troller
    vs Cowboy Dan
    ADV- Gacu vs Sas0
    GSC- Decode vs Bomber
    GSC-
    Sarah vs cherryb0ng
    RBY-
    MetalGross vs Enigami
    RBY-
    SaDiSTiCNarwhal vs mmf

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Snowpoint Yetis (6) vs Saffron Seers (4)

BW- Luck>Skill vs EGALVANC
    BW- Alexander vs Mix
    DPP-
    lighthouses vs Tuononda
    DPP- Sinkyr29
    vs sprinkles
    ADV- Shortage vs thelinearcurve
    ADV- A Hero's Destiny vs dice
    GSC- melle2402 vs Oibaf
    GSC- frisoeva vs kael
    RBY-
    Laroxyl vs Ranshiin
    RBY-
    Zwein vs Kiichi

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    Disaster Area and Christos like this.
  2. Mix

Mix Member

3. Lax

Lax Member

4. Heroic Troller

Heroic Troller From Marcoasd's DNA Member

5. Luck>Skill

Luck>Skill Member

6. Lojh

Lojh Above Average GSCer Member

7. Zokuru

Zokuru Member

Sub in Heika > Meridian

8. Finchinator

Finchinator - Member

I normally dislike making these posts complaining about hosting decisions because hosting is a thankless job that gets ridiculed far too much for someone just volunteering; for this, I precursor this post by thanking Callous and the entire PP staff for making these tournaments even possible. I would not be making this post questioning a decision made had it not had such a drastic impact on the tournament (i.e: if it just mattered for BD, it's one thing. But this poor decision cost my team a clearly deserved tie last week)

The decision to make Mix-Nalorium a dead game is incorrect and needs to be overturned in order to avoid setting a dangerous precedent for future PPL games. The situation is pretty clear and undeniable: both guys are online at the scheduled time of around 4pm EST, but agreed to a slight delay (Mix was in SmogTour still and Nalorium was busy). The new scheduled time was 20 minutes later. At this itme, Mix was in the middle of a marathon game for SmogonTour (here -- cannot prove time stamps from the replay, but this was reported to their manager during the game, I tagged Mix in the SmogTours lobby saying he was at risk of losing to activity if he didn't shift focus to PPL, and this is an activity post from a half hour later when he was still in SmogTour and ignoring PPL).

I made sure to stay on top of the situation and Nalorium was clearly online, ready to battle, and active -- this screenshot shows proof he was online and ready to go at the same time (I would be glad to invite you into my discord if further proof is necessary). Mix was not only contacted by Nalorium, but I tagged him on the SmogTours server, I tagged his manager on discord right after Mix was clearly unresponsive (in the manager chat), and I made an activity post when Nalorium was available again later that night in case they wanted to substitute.

At this point, they had a player online during the scheduled time that completely ignored the tournament because he was busy playing for another tournament on Smogon. It is 100% on them to follow-up and contact us with a substitute or the times Mix can play later that day. Nalorium was free a couple hours later as my log above showed, but they did not reach out or make any attempt to get it done. Mix even admitted it was his fault at the start of his weak counter to my activity post here. So it should be clear-cut: both parties acknowledge that both players were online during the scheduled time and their player could not play/respond due to being in SmogonTour. When prompted, their managers did not provide a substitute or an alternative time at all. If this is not an activity win, then what weight do scheduled times even hold? Is it ok to hold-off PP tour games because they overlap with SmogonTour games -- do they get the priority? What weight does contacting players and managers trying to find a solution hold? Because this all seems ignored if they are granted the dead game for not responding or trying to get it done during the scheduled time despite both being online. We made all the active efforts we could by establishing contact with management/the player on both PS and discord, but got nothing in response until Mix's post, admitting his own fault, multiple hours later.

Re: Mannat PM earlier
    I don't know how you get this out of the situation; I provided more discord logs and the replay that hopefully clear this up, but it is clearly on them to follow up for the rest of the day when they missed the scheduled time. They missed the time and did not follow up and their player admitted it within his post. Hope this clears it up.

9. Mannat

Mannat Member

Adding onto Finchinator's post, here's the scheduling PM between both Nalorium and Mix, as you can clearly see, the scheduled time was moved, then Mix missed said time without notifying Nalorium prior, as Nalorium did prior to delaying it. Then, he chose to not message Nalorium until well after the scheduled time, at which point Nalorium had already left and couldn't play.
    [​IMG]

Disaster Area, Finchinator and Excal like this.
  10. byronthewellwell

byronthewellwell Member

11. cherryb0ng

cherryb0ng Member

good job to Cynara
    won
    [Gen 2] OU replay: cherryb0ng vs. Cynara - Pokémon Showdown

Sleep talk strats ain't got nothin on me

Edit:Jokes aside gg. Rapid Spin Cloyster is a joke though and I knew that my ttar would die so I basically had to play this ridiculously rng heavy game.
    Golem would have been so much better

12. Bushtush

Bushtush Member

13. p2

p2 Member

14. Shortage

Shortage Member

15. Raiza

Raiza Member

16. marilli

marilli Member

17. Lucix