1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Signups Closed Pokemon Perfect League 2020 Manager Signups

Discussion in 'Other Tours' started by CALLOUS, Mar 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CALLOUS

CALLOUS YouTube.com/CALLOUSnarrates Leader

Welcome to the manager signups for Pokemon Perfect League 2020! We're completely relaunching the tournament this year with new franchises, new rules and new managers. We hope this season is the foundation for an enjoyable, anticipated tour for years to come! Choosing the right managers to coincide with our vision for what this tournament can be is absolutely paramount to its success and this is your opportunity to be part of that! Get in on the ground floor and shape the future of a brand new franchise!

Managers in this tour are duos, neither of whom can play, and signups that do not include the names of both managers will be considered invalid.

SIGNUP FORMAT-

Your Username/Your C0-Manager's Username-

Accomplishments/Qualifications/Why We Should Pick You-

Do not request a specific franchise. At a later date, once all eight manager duos have been decided, I will randomly draw the order in which managers will select their franchise.

MANAGERS WILL BE SELECTED BASED ON THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA-

We'll be looking at both potential managers when evaluating signups and making our decisions, so it is strongly advised to pick a partner who adds value to your team as opposed to your friend Steve.

Effort/Give a Shit Level-

Managers we feel confident will take the tour seriously, care, put in effort to make a proper draft plan that isn't just "draft my friends"/"draft players I've worked with in X other tour" and will be available for their players and try to help them however they can.

Skill/Accomplishments/Qualifications-

Managers who have had success, either as a manager or as a player, in other tours. Individuals who are knowledgeable and accomplished in the tiers relevant to this tour and therefore are more able to assist their players.

Good For The Tour/This Community-

Managers who will enhance, add to or bring attention/interest to this tour. Individuals who are well-known and/or highly respected within the competitive community. Users who will make others take an interest in this tour. Users who will not create drama or problems, be difficult to deal with or potentially affect this tour in a negative way.

Knowledge of the Pokemon Perfect Old Gen Playerbase-

Managers who are aware of lesser-known players, open-minded to talking with/trying out/potentially drafting players who are not huge names on Smogon and a general familiarity with the core community of regulars we have here on Pokemon Perfect, which does not always overlap with other sites.

Attitude/Personality/Behavior-

Managers who players would actually want to play for. Managers who, if you ended up on their team, you'd not have a miserable time dealing with that person. Users who aren't jerks, are likable, do not have a history of behavioral issues/quitting tours/unreliability. Users who have not been banned for cheating or extreme toxicity.

The plan is for manager signups to be open for one week, meaning they'll close March 29th at 11:59PM EST. However, I will not close manager signups/open player signups until we have 8 manager duos we're satisfied with and confident in. I will drag this out as long as it takes for us to get the right managers.

Thanks for your interesting in managing Pokemon Perfect League 2020!

2. z0mog

z0mog Member

Signing up with my dude bro Garay oak . I am z0mog on smogon in case of confusion btw.

For me, I won the very last edition of Smogon's LTPL as a solo manager, have managed the past 3 OUPLs (made playoffs all 3 times and won the middle one), have managed in an SPL/Snake, and made finals/won WCOP as captain back to back years. Also have some less valuable exp in managing other team tours in ROAPL/POCL.
    In terms of personal playing ability, well... I am just the best everyone knows this. Also as a bit of a bonus, I check off the "Good for this tour" box as I plan to use my youtube channel to highlight some of the best games from this tournament and spread the word to the followers I've amassed.

Garay on the other hand has only one instance of managing in a pokespain PL. However, he has a good bit of experience with old gens through his exposure in a number of official Smogon team tournaments (2 spls and 2 wcops), as well as just generally being very active for the past couple of years. Garay has proven himself to be a successful lower tier player on Smogon and is now expanding his horizons to his favorite old gens (ADV and BW), starting with wanting to manage in a team tournament with said featured tiers.

We ARE NOT requesting Goldenrod Rollers PLEASE do not give us Goldenrod Rollers please please don't.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  3. autumn leaves

autumn leaves Member

Your Username/Your C0-Manager's Username
    BKC + marcop aka Gilbert arenas

Accomplishments/Qualifications/Why We Should Pick You
    I've been involved in high-level tournaments for eight years now and I'm capable of giving useful support in at least four out of the five generations. I'm familiar with being a team leader as well. marcop won RoAPL last year, he knows how to draft, and is one of the best ADV players around.

I also wouldn't mind spreading the word about this tour via Youtube.

4. Mr.378

Mr.378 Member

I want to manage in this tour with Mysterious M. I have played in many past gen tours both on this site and off for many years now most notably but not only GSC which I've played in official team tours on Smogon. I also have strong experience as a manager having done so twice in pocl and three times in upl. My assman Mysterious M also has a small lid resume as a manager in Old Generation Team Tours, having managed and won pocl last year and Ubers Most Wanted this one as well as managing Team Greece multiple times in WCoP.

5. HSOWA

HSOWA nyaw! Moderator

Your Username/Your C0-Manager's Username- HSOWA and Kland

Accomplishments/Qualifications/Why We Should Pick You- I've managed in multiple team tours, most notable on PO, but also some minor tours. Whilst kland doesn't have much managerial experience, he played in SPL in the past and we both have years of experience playing all gens in this tour. I'm also a GTT member!

6. Mannat

Mannat Member

Your Username/Your C0-Manager's Username: Mannat and Finchinator
    Accomplishments/Qualifications/Why We Should Pick You: We've both managed in many tours, myself doing prior editions of PPL and other tours like OUPL and POCL, whereas Finch has managed SPL as well as many other tournaments. Both of us have been involved in the tournament community for a while now and intend to take this tour seriously.

THUNDER CEBRA, Gacu, z0mog and 2 others like this.
  7. starry

starry Member

Your Username/Your C0-Manager's Username: starry and mike trout (Sam on smogon)
    Accomplishments/Qualifications/Why We Should Pick You: Sam has managed multiple big smogon tournaments (SPL, WCoP) and a myriad of unofficials. i have managed many unofficial tours (POCL, POGP, OURPL), and i gained official experience playing this last SPL. we're both actively involved in oldgens, and we're committed to tryharding and giving some of the diamonds in the rough a fair shake.

8. shiloh

shiloh Member

Your Username/Your C0-Manager's Username - shiloh (rozes) / Osgoode

Accomplishments/Qualifications/Why We Should Pick You- ive managed spl before and have played in the most recent couple editions, as well as the most recent wcop where i won. ive managed plenty of team tours in the past and had good results, and osgoode has managed roapl and participated in spl/wcop as well. we would both be very committed to this tour and helping our players as osgoode does not really have a life.

we also both know the playerbase really well as we are both involved in the tournament scene very heavily, especially in rby/dpp which both of us play at a fairly high level. we both would put in a lot of time and effort in having a good draft, as well as helping our players prepare every week.

Osgoode, z0mog, Mannat and 2 others like this.
  9. Triangles

Triangles Member

Your Username/Your C0-Manager's Username- Triangles / Diophantine

I've managed SPL and captained WCoP before, and have far too many years of experience with mons in general. Diophantine is one of Smogon's top tutors and has also won UKPL as a manager. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

THUNDER CEBRA, z0mog, Mannat and 2 others like this.
  10. Christos

Christos Season Host

Your Username/Your C0-Manager's Username- Christos / ErPeris

We managed Dracarys in PPL4 and our team reached the finals of the tournament, after winning the regular season. A year later, we want manage again and eventually win this tournament. In terms of managerial accomplishments, ErPeris was also the manager of Italy during their WCOPP3 victory. As managers, we are both workhorses and quite meticulous, actively helping our players with their preparation as much as possible. ErPeris specializes in RBY, whereas I specialize in both RBY and DPP. I also have a decent understanding of BW and I have been working on improving my ADV for several months now. We are familiar with the playerbase of every generation included in PPL and also familiar with Pokemon Perfect's playerbase in particular, as both of us have years of playing experience on the site and involvement in the community. Thanks for considering us !

11. Zokuru

Zokuru Member

Zokuru / Alkione

I personally managed a fair amount of tournaments in the french competitive scene with great results, trying to make less less regarded people play games and show their skill, I'm an underdog hunter. My comanager and I are able to play a large amount of tiers at a pretty good level, which means we'll be able to rate players accurately and make good use of it in the auctions. My personnal opinion is that a huge amount of the tournament is played on the auctions day, that's why I'm trying my my hardest , and use any allowed option at my disposal to assemble the best team I possibly can.
    As part of the team we can deliver a lot of advice to our players to prepare their games and to improve at the game overall, which leads to the serious advantage to have growing players in the team, as opposed to people who care less and less as the tour goes. For all those reasons, and some we shouldn't reveal to our future opponents, we think we are a great contender for the big victory and will help taking this tournament to the highest level.

Gacu, Disaster Area, Louna and 2 others like this.
  12. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Furr and Power Member

After being asked to return by my teammates from last year's winning team, powna & I have come to a decision, and we are going to return this year and try and make it two in a row, if we are given the opportunity. There are many great duos here and it's a pity we can't have every single one having a team! But c'est la vie.

Disaster Area / hellpowna

First and foremost, we managed a successful team in last year's tournament! I have experience being involved in this forum for years, and am particularly experienced with RBY & ADV. Powna a.k.a. IL BESTIO has even greater accomplishments, winning in 2 PPLs, 1 SPL, 1 WCoPP, and has won master tournaments here too.

----

More info on the format would be nice. What tiers are included, is it 2 of each etc., is it round robin with a final 2 or 4, is the auction to be done on discord or PS, and so on.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  13. CALLOUS

CALLOUS YouTube.com/CALLOUSnarrates Leader

PPL 2020 manager signups are now closed!

Thank you to the 11 duos who signed up. This is going to be a very difficult decision as there are more than eight very good duos here who deserve spots. We'll announce or selections in the coming days. We look forward to a great tournament!

Mannat, Disaster Area and z0mog like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.