1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Pokemon Perfect 2020 Relaunch!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Perfect News' started by CALLOUS, Dec 22, 2019.

1. CALLOUS

CALLOUS YouTube.com/CALLOUSnarrates Leader

Finally, Pokemon Perfect's 2020 relaunch, headed by yours truly, has arrived! I made a video a little while ago covering the upcoming changes in great detail-

Here's a couple quick FAQs that hopefully address any questions concerns anyone may have-

Q. What happened to the forum?

A. We cleaned it up as part of our goal of having a more clean/less cluttered website. NOTHING has been deleted- simply moved to Archives. We respect all the things people have said and done here in the past and have no plans to erase them.

Q. Who is in charge of all of this?

A. I, CALLOUS, am now the leader of Pokemon Perfect and this plan and its structure is mine, but all the staff members that were here before are still in their positions. No one has been "fired". Lutra is still the site owner as he was before. Also, Blim is now on the staff and is helping with funding for some of the cash-paying tours we'll be offering in 2020.

Q. What happened to my trophies/accomplishments from before the relaunch?

A. Absolutely nothing. Keep em! You earned them. But please feel free to earn some new ones in our new tours!

Q. So what now?

A. We have the entire 2020 calendar year already laid out. Check out the RBY OU or GSC OU section (or whatever tier you're interested in) for a full list with dates of the tours we'll be hosting in 2020. And we very well may add more!

I'm happy to answer any additional questions or respond to any feedback anyone may have.

On behalf of the entire staff and certainly from me personally, thank you very much for being open minded during this big transition and for continuing to support and play on Pokemon Perfect! This is all for you guys!

watermess, Christos, Ortheore and 8 others like this.
  2. Chrysalis

Chrysalis scorpion Host Emeritus

pardon the probably stupid question, but is there no section for general non pokemon-related discussion anymore?

3. CALLOUS

It has been moved to Archives, and you’re also more than welcome to join the Pokemon Perfect Discord server.

4. Ortheore

Ortheore Host Emeritus

Interesting. Cool to see some significant change that will hopefully reinvigorate the site.

That said, I think it's odd shelving non-pokemon discussion in the archives, even if it wasn't terribly active. I can understand archiving the other stuff since they were "projects" that had lost momentum, as well as the old news stuff, but that's not the case with non-pokemon discussion- it's literally just a place to discuss things, and it feels weird to go to the archives for that

5. Sceptross

Sceptross Host Emeritus

I agree with Ortheore. While archiving sections such as the tutoring project is definitely a good idea, I think there should be room for non-Pokemon related discussion. However, the forum looks much cleaner now, and that's a good thing.

I'd also argue that the RBY analysis should not be cast aside because they are still the best RBY resources there are, but I will agree that the way they were listed (in a forum) was nowhere near ideal.

All in all, I wish the best for your administration CALLOUS. I spent very good times here on PP, arguably the best I've spent in all of competitive Pokemon, so I'd hate to see it die. If my life situation, free-time wise, improves (I'm expecting it to by mid 2020), I will probably become more active on PP again. Till then, I'll follow closely how the "new PP" is doing and rooting for its success.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  6. CALLOUS

You both make a great point. I’m 100% open to moving and/or re-adding things from archives to a more accessible and obvious location. At first, with the initial cleanup, I opted for a very conservative “only what is absolutely needed” kind of approach. I felt like being safe and then re-adding things later if necessary was a hard to f up way to go. Since there seems to be a desire for a non-Pokemon general chat, perhaps that will be one of the very first things we re-add somewhere.

Sceptross, Chrysalis and Ortheore like this.
  7. CrapAtRBY

CrapAtRBY Member