1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Random My website, "The GGFan Experience," is finally up! Updates will also be posted here.

Discussion in 'Chat' started by GGFan, Dec 19, 2019.

1. GGFan

GGFan Member

Dear friends of Pokemon Perfect,

I am happy to announce that my website, The GGFan Experience, is now up and available for your viewing pleasure, which you can find here: Welcome

If you have a problem with me using Pokemon Perfect to plug my website, the inclusion of music legend Johnny Cash, or my controversial first interview, I have but one thing to say to you:

SWIM IN GARBAGE!
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    GAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRBBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  2. GGFan

GGFan Member

My interview with Champion Lance is up!

Parts 1-5: Champion Lance interview parts 1-5 - The GGFan Experience
    Parts 6-7: Champion Lance interview parts 6-7 - The GGFan Experience

The legend known as "Champion Lance" is undoubtedly one of the most controversial figures in the history of the game. I had a chance to sit down with the lord of dragons and discuss his issues with Smogon, his rise to fame on said organization after receiving a lifetime ban, the "Chuck Norris effect," the infamous doxxing incident which resulted in being put away once again, the GameFAQs days, and his novel. We also cover his numerous achievements in the Ubers and Anything Goes metagames across various tiers during his 16-year run, most notably his unparalleled dominance in ladder play.

Note that this interview contains language that may be considered offensive to some. Also, I should make it clear that, while I will never filter people or demonize them for choosing how they wish to present themselves, I disagree with Lance's actions and choice of language in this particular context. I think the victim was wrong to abuse the system in order to get the win, but the punishment was not commensurate with the transgression committed. However, I chose not to censor anything in order to highlight how hostile the competitive Pokemon world can truly be.

3. GGFan

GGFan Member

The first episode of Number Wars is up! In the series debut, I dissect the statistics of the three "Italtitans" during their most prolific years in order to determine which one was the most dominant. Check it out at The GGFan Experience!

Number Wars episode 1 - the three Italtitans

samy0w, Lusch and Christos like this.
  4. GGFan

GGFan Member

HO HO HO HO HOOOOOOOOO!

It's that time of year again! No, not Christmas! It's the anniversary of my iconic victory against Syberia in the semi finals of TOS! And what better way to celebrate than by reading about my top 5 most important victories in the GameFAQs era?

My top 5 victories in the GameFAQs era

samy0w likes this.
  5. GGFan

GGFan Member

My interview with Sceptross is up!

Sceptross interview - The GGFan Experience

Sceptross has been one of the most industrious men in the game for well over two years, having successfully juggled competing with his various administrative duties on both Pokemon Perfect and Smogon. In this scintillating discussion with the Portugese busybody, we touch on his achievements (and struggles) in both RBY and GSC, the rewards and frustrations of being both a season host and member of the Global Tournament Team, his days as the room leader of the Ruins Of Alph server, the importance of moderation, SPL, and more!

Christos, kjdaas and samy0w like this.
  6. GGFan

GGFan Member

CrapAtRBY likes this.