1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Music

Discussion in 'Not Pokémon' started by CALLOUS, Dec 31, 2019.

1. CALLOUS

CALLOUS YouTube.com/CALLOUSnarrates Leader

The place to discuss music!

2. Ortheore

Ortheore Host Emeritus

New Tool album was easily the most disappointing album of last year... hot take, I know. Vocals were absolutely gutless.

In my usual fashion I made no effort to keep up with new releases and the most of the new releases I did listen to were good but not great. Anyway some albums I liked:
    • Soen - Lotus [Prog Metal]
    • Allegaeon - Apoptosis [Tech-Death]
    • The Omnific - The Mind's Eye [Prog Rock???]*
    • Thank You Scientist - Terraformer [Prog Rock]
    • Aspherium - The Embers of Eternity [Melodeath]
    • Introspet - Ad Astra [Prog Metal]
    *The Omnific is really cool and you need to check them out. They're the only instrumental band I've started listening to that I actually come back to and they're super chill without being boring, which I think is a pretty rare combination.

Duke Groundrunner likes this.
  3. Duke Groundrunner

Duke Groundrunner Member

Was about to come up in here and recommend thank you scientists.

One not on your list... Polyphia.
    Holy bass lines battman!

4. Lojh

Lojh Above Average GSCer Member

New eminem album out now its very good

5. popmart

popmart Member

What is your favourite music for laddering?

I usually listen free jazz or bebop

Duke Groundrunner likes this.
  6. CALLOUS

CALLOUS YouTube.com/CALLOUSnarrates Leader

I listen to my video game music + anime music playlist because I’m super cool like that.

popmart likes this.
  7. Duke Groundrunner

Duke Groundrunner Member

Oceans by John Butler is my go to. 12 minutes of acoustic goodness to get me settled in. Then kick it up with somthing like enter shikari or polyphia. If I make it for longer than that I get weird with Reggie Watts or some folk tunes or modern folk inspired bands

popmart likes this.
  8. popmart

popmart Member

love folk