1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. ATTENTION: For our 2023 season all of our tournaments will be hosted via the Pokémon Perfect Discord server rather than the forums. Please join us there and continue to enjoy our tournaments! https://discord.gg/2CsWWnan2A
  3. Tournaments

Check out the 2024 Tournament Calendar and join our discord server to participate in our tournaments!

Music Thread

Discussion in 'Not Pokémon' started by Chrysalis, Feb 27, 2018.

1. kjdaas

kjdaas Host Emeritus

I'm going to promote some britpop bands whose songs are not that remembered at the moment (so no Oasis or Blur this month :p), so get your union jack and turn the volume on:

She has a very raw voice, which is not liked by for everyone, but the chorus is amazing.

I found this britpop band only recently but this song is still a banger imo

I found this band this year and started to listen to all their stuff, and they are just amazing. This is my favourite song of theirs and some might know that Tattva is a PS alt of mine, just because of this song :p.

Just a very happy sounding song to listen and bounce to.

A great band with some great tunes and this is one of their best imo.

Chrysalis likes this.
  2. Chrysalis

Chrysalis scorpion Host Emeritus

An incredible instrumental take on electronic music that nukes genre boundaries.

This song used to accompany me in my head during countless rowing sessions in the sunrise.

For some reason I had the drop stuck in my head for days after listening to this maybe twice in my entire life.

Just another typical SoAD song from this great album. One of the best choruses they ever made.

Absolutely no way to describe this. The 6 minutes will be worth it tho.

3. ErPeris

ErPeris Do. Or do not. There is no try. Host Emeritus

4. Chrysalis

wow, I was gone for 5 weeks and pretty much my whole life changed. here's january.

»let the rain go on and on«

incredibly unique. carried me through a very strange first week of the year.

»truth be told, I never was yours«

listened to this song on repeat when I came back to the UK. this is so full of energy.

»now New York, you know I love you
    'cause you made me who I am
    which is not that good of a person
    I need to feel something again«

probably my favourite rock song at the moment.

»and if time could be turned back,
    why even change a thing?«

BatAAr have gone soft in their latest track. can't say I don't love it.

»she's poison but tasty«

played during an unforgettable moment of an equally unforgettable night.

5. Chrysalis

nothing edgy this month, promise.

Typical German pop-rock blend that used to run on the radio all the time.

No idea how to describe the genre but it's the most amazing song I've found in a long time.

Some softer electronic stuff as opposed to the heavier piece above.

Super chill psychedelic hip hop. Lots of memories attached to this one.

You'll probably know this song but I was looking for it for literal years lmao.

6. ErPeris

7. Chrysalis

december, and it only makes sense in retrospect

8. Chrysalis

march, aka I have no idea what my music taste is anymore, but I love it

yes, this is a mons remix in my music thread. and it's amazing.

countless manic highs were had to this piece on certain substances, time to finally post this

what happens when a dubstep guy sits down at a piano.

I was 110% certain I had posted this in the late august one, it deserves to be here nevertheless. probably one of my all time top 10 songs in terms of pure quality.

one last remnant from a certain person. kinda really fucking sad song.

9. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Furr and Power Member

oh mars argo wasnt there some weird ass freakin situation between the two singers or something

10. Tenebricite

Tenebricite Member

Some of my favorite songs from the Smash Bros series

kjdaas likes this.
  11. Chrysalis

april, aka learning how to smile.
    Search, a song by Maniax on Spotify
    Saw the singer live again. Amazing use of his deep register in this song.

The kind of song that gets stuck in your head not for days, but for months.

For some reason this gem was on my summer playlist even though I never listened to it before.

An ending and a counterpart to the other song, also an amazing quickstep.

Some of you might know this from literally any Tumblr around 2013. Good times.

12. Chrysalis

may (i), steadily onwards

no idea what genre this is supposed to be, slightly reminds me of Castlevania soundtracks
    REISE, REISE, a song by Rammstein on Spotify
    the incredible feeling of rowing into the sunrise on the river, ceaselessly driving into the water

more German stuff. very catchy

some drugs let you escape from reality, others increase your perception and aid you in your desperate quest to become who you want to be. substance abuse can go both ways. when a dear friend showed me this song one night, sitting back to back on a rooftop and gazing at the stars, I never knew this would apply to me in the near future

finding out the melody that was stuck in your head for a year was actually a repressed trauma trigger, but nevermind it goes in here, I have now listened to it countless times anyways

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  13. ErPeris

14. ErPeris

15. ErPeris

Chrysalis likes this.
  16. Chrysalis

may/june (ii). becoming the worst version of myself, losing close friends and my sanity. two weeks of consecutive rain over England. selling my guitar, which I never played, and dragging myself across the finish line and home

Played in a bar

17. Chrysalis

june/july (iii), finally coming home to a brand new world. renting the best fucking flat in my old hometown, throwing gatsbyesque parties and living the epitome of sex, drugs and rock'n'roll. moving past my trauma, deleting old things and fully embracing life, even gaining some unexpected new perspectives. most music was german but here's the rest

somewhot ironic to listen to this song on repeat after returning home. truly nothing ever changes over there, two weeks of rain in the middle of june but none of the sense of calmness that this song radiates. god, am I glad to be back here.

in the three days after coming back to my hometown, I met all my old friends, made just as many new ones, promised myself to move back into this city, went on two concerts where former bandmates played and eventually wound up in some psytrance club, dancing to this song at 3am while on amphetamines for the first time in my life. no idea how I found it again, and I'm pretty sure about half of the clicks are mine, but the melody is too amazing to forget.
    (wadsworth constant holds here - nothing happens in the first 30%, press 3 to skip.)

a small island of calm after three very turbulent weeks, sitting in a cosy café with an old friend drinking green tea and listening to this song, which we have all heard a thousand times and then forgotten.

I must have missed when this song hit the charts earlier this year. it was played at some friend's party for meme value because it annoyed everyone, and I unironically fell in love with it annoying my friends even further.

and the circle truly closes. this was my rowing team's motivation song in early june, symbolizing a tiny semblance of team spirit within an otherwise completely dysfunctional crew. now, what feels like years later, it's still as motivating but also reminds me of nightly urban exploration trips with my best friend, band rehearsals, and all the amazing little things in between.

@ the people who reached out to me after yesterday's post, I'm feeling much better since I came home but thank you so much for showing me you still care about me. you're amazing. <3

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    ErPeris and Disaster Area like this.
  18. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Furr and Power Member

ayy In My Mind is a great song
    glad it sounds like you're living life man, I'm trying to too but it doesn't come naturally to me

Chrysalis likes this.
  19. ErPeris

You deserve all our love, bro.
    This great song is for you!

Chrysalis

Chrysalis likes this.
  20. Kaisser

Kaisser Member

Some cool swing songs for those who like dance

Chrysalis likes this.