1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. ATTENTION: For our 2023 season all of our tournaments will be hosted via the Pokémon Perfect Discord server rather than the forums. Please join us there and continue to enjoy our tournaments! https://discord.gg/2CsWWnan2A
  3. Tournaments

Check out the 2024 Tournament Calendar and join our discord server to participate in our tournaments!

GSC Little Big Cup Mega-Thread

Discussion in 'Tiers' started by Enigami, Apr 16, 2016.

1. supercube64

supercube64 Member

Really now? I always see perish trapper Missy. Never knew you could run any other set on her.

2. RBYer

RBYer Member

What a coincidence, I was thinking of getting back into GSC and wanted to try something unique and work from there. One of the things that crossed my mind was some sort of tankish Misdreavus for a stall team, but I don't see Hypnosis really working well on that kind of a set, nor do I really see Hypnosis working in general, mainly because it has no follow up attacks. Gengar's Explosion makes it massively valuable in a way that Misdreavus can only wish for. With Misdreavus you just send in your Sleep Talker once you know it has Hypnosis and no damage is done.

I would rather use it to spread Toxic around, but how I'm not altogether sure of now. I like the idea of running Misdreavus with a Rapid Spin Cloyster though, as it's the best switch-in to the Starmies/Spin Cloysters that try to spin your Spikes away, and Cloyster can deal with Forretress and Donphan.

3. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Furr and Power Member

M Dragon talks about the set a bit in this thread All Gens - Post-SPL set dump | Smogon Forums (see post #9)

This was my non-perish trap missy team
    Senbonzakura (Forretress) (M) @ Leftovers

- Rapid Spin

- Spikes

- Reflect

- Toxic

Eyes On Fire (Misdreavus) (M) @ Leftovers

- Thunder

- Toxic

- Pain Split

- Perish Song

Another You (Skarmory) (M) @ Leftovers