1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Ongoing Let's Have Fun Playing RBY R3

Discussion in 'Other Tours' started by Hipmonlee, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Hipmonlee

Hipmonlee Member

Rules can be found here.

The pairings:

Hipmonlee vs Louna (blocks 1, 5)
    Hipmonlee vs Louna (blocks 1, 5)
    Prof. J vs Louna (blocks 1, 5)
    Metalgross vs Ortheore (blocks 6, 7)
    Prof. J vs Lusch (block 9)
    Prof. J vs Lusch (block 9)

If you and your opponent decide to play your games outside of the time blocks you have signed up for the deadline is 8:00pm UTC+13 on Monday.

And remember to vote for the best game from last week.

Game 1: [Gen 1] OU replay: Kitmonlee vs. Louna - Pokémon Showdown
    Game 2: [Gen 1] OU replay: Kitmonlee vs. Louna - Pokémon Showdown
    Game 3: [Gen 1] OU replay: Louna vs. ProfessionalJagoff - Pokémon Showdown
    Game 4: [Gen 1] OU replay: ProfessionalJagoff vs. Lusch - Pokémon Showdown
    Game 5: [Gen 1] OU replay: Lusch vs. ProfessionalJagoff - Pokémon Showdown

Good luck! Have fun!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  2. Hipmonlee

Hipmonlee Member

Won both my games against Louna.

G2 was great, but then after a lot of tough turns the rng decided it had had enough and just handed it to me.

3. Louna

Louna Louna#0245 on discord if we're paired for a tour Member

4. Lusch

Lusch A critical hit! Member

5. Hipmonlee

Hipmonlee Member

Some really good games this round. But my favourite is definitely G3 with the Kingler sweep. Sorry I havent had time to do the detailed reviews. Please vote everyone!

Remember anyone who has played in any round can vote in any round.

6. Prof. J

Prof. J Member

I was gonna wait until the Metalgross vs. Ortheore series happened, guess that might not...

Game 1: Things go pretty normal until turn 22 when Louna gets punished hard for not scouting the Counter...not sure about that slam since nothing was revealed about Chansey yet. A mistake he definitely doesn't make the rest of the game. Also not sure why he switched Tauros in on Turn 30 when Chansey had a free turn to para, unless there is a mindgame that I'm missing. He got a nice free sleep with Gengar though, capitalizing on Hipmonlee's best option for that turn. On turn 35 Hip sends in Cloyster to lure out either Gengar or Starmie, and the next few turns we get some nice switches and predictions, ending with a boom from Gengar; a decent gambit. Because either Chansey w/counter goes down or you remove Alakazam (both help, although fighting with a para'd bull is still a huge uphill battle).
    Hip smartly scouts for the counter on Louna's Chansey, since you can never be too sure until all moves are revealed. At higher level play (especially in tours) it's not uncommon Chansey drops Twave for a surprise Counter.
    However, on turn 57, Louna takes an acceptable risk and decides to go for the slam; sent in Zam maybe expecting the explosion from Cloyster, but Hip didn't need to go for it that turn. Hip then makes what I think is an acceptable gamble with the Hyper beam. He could have been thinking "Louna knows I'm afraid of the counter here, he may expect an EQ and then get a free para", or "he may expect me to slam because he thinks I'll predict a switch, and then go for a free para".
    Effectively the game ends with Louna being unfortunate enough to get stuck with the rare failed recovery move glitch. Despite the anticlimactic ending, I think this was a good example of high-level play.
    This one is my favorite

Game 2: Standard start, although I don't know about Hip switching Zam in turn 5, since Louna could have had a lax and gone to that. Hips chansey got two free turns to heal on 24+25, should have paralyzed it then bailed. Also not sure about Hip staying in on turn 36 to go for Blizzard, may have been a predict; loses a bit of momentum and Chansey gets to wake up.
    Otherwise a very standard game, with a decisive freeze by Tauros at the end. Not bad at all, but not much to comment on.

Game 3: I feel like I played the lead a little sloppy. At first I didn't think that he would boom his eggy so early, especially without knowing what my team looked like. But if you break it down, he didn't have too much to lose; either he loses the speed tie and his sleep absorber gets put to sleep, or he booms and sets my Eggy up for a revenge kill. I know hindsight is 20/20, but I feel like I should have expected that if I really thought about it, and doubled back into Zam.
    But as things played out, I could have still got the sleep, should have switched Eggy in turn 8. Instead I bring it in later expecting to fodder it off to his lax.
    Now, the Tauros mirror, I did expect him to switch; but I went into Mie for some reason. Realistically, I had much less of a reason to switch, since I need to win the tie with Hbeam, he only needs to slam; but he still makes a smart play and doesn't risk it.
    I could have tried to leave Zam in to wake up against his Jolt, but I was antsy that he would bring in Kingler to get a free SD. So on turn 35, my Zam should have come in. Good game, opponent played very well, and respect the Kingler sweep. I never had luck with it myself.
    This one is my second favorite

Game 4: Pretty normal match again; not bad, but not a lot to comment on. Lusch did get kind of lucky with Rhydon at the end, but I lost a lot of momentum with how I played lax, setting up for such a situation to happen. I did Reflect turn 41 because it looked good, didn't yet know he had Eggy. I should have brought Chansey in after the first Psychic...Rest lost too much momentum, and the game.

Game 5: Another match with nothing too out of the ordinary, other than Lusch sporting a nice creative team. But I got too greedy with the wakeup turns, instead of switching into Chansey on the turn where he switches out Starmie. Can't explain why I thought it was a good idea at the time. Turn 17 was pretty much the end of the fight.