1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Ongoing Let's Have Fun Playing RBY R2

Discussion in 'Other Tours' started by Hipmonlee, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Hipmonlee

Hipmonlee Member

Rules can be found here.

The pairings:

Hipmonlee vs Louna (block 5)
    Hipmonlee vs HML am (block 5)
    Louna vs HML am (blocks 5, 8, 9)
    Louna vs HML am (blocks 5, 8, 9)
    Ortheore vs Lusch (block 7)

If you and your opponent decide to play your games outside of the time blocks you have signed up for the deadline is 8:00pm UTC+13 on Monday.

And remember to vote for the best game from last week.

Game 1: [Gen 1] OU replay: Louna vs. Kitmonlee - Pokémon Showdown
    Game 2: [Gen 1] OU replay: HML am vs. Kitmonlee - Pokémon Showdown
    Game 3: [Gen 1] OU replay: Ortheore vs. Lusch - Pokémon Showdown
    Game 4: [Gen 1] OU replay: Ortheore vs. Lusch - Pokémon Showdown
    Game 5: [Gen 1] OU replay: HML am vs. Louna - Pokémon Showdown
    Game 6: [Gen 1] OU replay: HML am vs. Louna - Pokémon Showdown

Good luck! Have fun!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  2. Lusch

Lusch A critical hit! Member

I did not sign up for block 6, Hipmonlee. Orth and I share block 7, though, which is probably what you meant to type.

Hipmonlee likes this.
  3. Louna

Louna Louna#0245 on discord if we're paired for a tour Member

Hipmonlee likes this.
  4. Lusch

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
  5. Hipmonlee

Hipmonlee Member

Does it work now?

6. Lusch

yes

Hipmonlee likes this.
  7. Louna

Louna Louna#0245 on discord if we're paired for a tour Member

8. Lusch

Review of this week's games:
    game 1:
    Good game overall. Not too much luck and it was acontest. Louna making Starmie+Jolteon work, a team that looks great on paper, but that I personally have never been able to really get consistent with. Maybe time to try it again... I liked the start fo the game where Louna plays the agressive game and paralyzes stuff from the start and Hipmonlee retaliates with a nice Eggy switch on turn 5 to catch the pressureing Snorlax for a free Powder. Liked how Louna keeps up the agression, though, as he doubles to Lax on the incoming paralyzed Chansey as well as using Pin Missle on the predicted Eggy switch in with Jolteon. Hip gets some untimely FPs on his Chansey in the end to preserve the unparalyzed Tauros of Louna for the endgame. Still, I think Louna's Jolteon had Tauros had it either way under normal circumstances.

game 2:
    This game was a chaotic one and quite influenced by early luck. I felt though, that it was not "unfair"luck, since it was a Jolteon critting and pralyzing stuff while Hipmonlee tried hitting Sing thorugh paralysis on it. I think it was avoidable to "get haxed" here on Hipmonlee's end and he "paid the price" for the risk he took... I don't want to let it go unmentioned however that the way HML am brought in Jolteon in the first place, and the way he made use of it after was great and well played. Interesting teamchoice by HML here as well. I think not having Tauros bites you sometimes, especiallywhen you wanna revenge kill something or if your booms do not hit the opposing Chansey (but we'll get to that in the other games from HML this week since he used this team again and learned exactly that lesson.) Hipmonlee's team (as it also showed in this game) is quite electric weak, which explainshis desperation to Sing the Jolteon... Not a contender for game of the week, since it was too one-sided to be

game 5:
    The set of Louna vs HML am was quite a good one as a whole in my opinion. In the first game Louna loads up the MieJolt from before and manages to win against HML am's Dragonite team. This was probably the closest game of the week. I think it was quite on the wire until very late in the game. I liked how Louna nails the incoming Gengar the second time HML tries it with the Earthquake of Snorlax, indicating "not again, my friend". Quite a nice back and forth unfolds and a key encounter happens between Louna's Exeggutor and HML's Tauros where Eggy takes down Tauros. HML gets unlucky with the Toxic miss (which turned out not to matter much in the end though), but makes a nice play to catch the incoming Eggy with Seismich Toss insted of toxicing again. Things get tense when Louna sends out his Bull to fight Relfect Chansey. He gets the immediate crit. Always nice to see that blob go down. Since it was lacking T-wave, however, I don't know how much it mattered. Getting a Toxic off would have made life easier for dragonite potentially though. Louna gets another lucky turn by landing the T-Bolt para on Eyeggutot which turned out to prevent a boom from that as well. It seemed to be Jolteon's lucky week, since it even managed to take down Dragonite without even getting touched. Nice game, where the luckier (not worse, though) player won.

game 6:
    In the second game of HML am vs Louna, Louna gets some good ealy luck as sleep simply does not cooperate with HML am. He either misses his moves or Louna's Pokemon wake up really early. It's what happens sometimes when leading Exeggutor, though, so I am not willing to pity HML too much for it. However, he finds himself quite behind at this point. This should not diminish Louna's play after the fact. He never lets his lead slip away, making a number of nice moves to ensure it. he makes a nice Alakazam double on turn 20, catching HML's team without a Psychic switch in 8so it seemed from what was shown). However, he fails to click the move in time to let HML block up the biggest threat to his team. Still, Louna follows up with an amazing Earthquake on turn 30 to let HML's unreavealed Counter from HML's Snorlax that he got in on a nice double before, fail. Not enough, he predicts the follow up boom nicely and furthers his lead. Another great move from Louna was the Psychic on turn 37 to catch HML's weak Eyeggutor. At this point, the flaws of HML's team get revealed, as Louna still has a Chansey and HML cannot really take it out profitably anymore. I don't like how Louna carelessly risked his Eggy vs Starmie, and he got punished, giving HML potential outs he shold not have had anymore. However, some nice Lax plays ensure that Louna does not give this one away anymore.

For me, game of the week is game 6

9. Hipmonlee

Hipmonlee Member

Ok, so I am gonna give Ortheore some detailed notes on his games. Since he seemed sorta interested in it.

Both games you had a terrible matchup that made life really hard.

G3 your team sucks against Victreebel. I like the opening line, Reflect Zam plus Lapras makes a lot of sense. It worked out perfectly, but then it just got blocked by Victreebel. Then even in spite of that you still managed to get a Sing off, but missed it..

Then I think you choose the wrong line. I think the better plan was to accept that blocking the sleep against Victreebel with Zam was impossible, and just force it to either risk taking a blizzard or a psychic if it wants to sleep powder. The alternative would be to let it sleep Tauros, to give you the guaranteed damage against it. Try to wake Tauros if it tries to Wrap, but be aware the Lusch is going to not want to give that Tauros turns to wake up.

Recover with Zam at turn 20 was an opportunity to reflect. I think though with the line you were playing recover made sense, but I didnt really like that line.

But then you crit Victreebel with Lapras and this game is suddenly very even.

But Lax vs Tauros is where you really lost this one. I guess at this point you expected Tauros to switch out, and that is why you didnt reflect immediately? I guess it was actually a bit of a surprising move for Lusch to stay in there. I think the key to that turn is that Lusch doesnt know your Lax set. Could be Self-Destruct or it could be Ice Beam. Or something else. He can't really switch into Ice Beam if it reflects and he doesnt want to risk Tauros to SD. SD seems fairly likely given the Lapras and the Body Slam. But then you rest, which covers a switch but also gives you a chance to wake up and SD again if youre wrong? You have Hyper beam, Switch, Bodyslam as options, and your options are SD, Egg switch, Chan switch? I dont think the upside to Rest gives it merit over those. In fact you could probably drop out Egg switch and Lusch could drop Rhydon switch.

Getting Zam in vs Mie was good. Shame Zam didn't cooperate.

From that point you're down two mons. You might freeze for a win, but you immediately paralyse Chan with tbolt.

The keys to this game were a team weak to Vic, which you did manage to get out of without too much damage. Tauros taking out Lax with only a bodyslam as compensation-probably the main issue. And then Zam and Chan not cooperating to give you a comeback.

Externally the Lax vs Tauros situation is a difficult one to analyse. I guess it would be interesting to hear yours and Lusch's point of view on that. But my feeling is it would have been better to take the damage on offer. And remember that everything (except Dugtrio) usually surivives Tauros Hyperbeam at full health.

G4 you got haxed. Zap vs Rhydon, a freeze and that Chansey Crit meant you were just out of it.
    Before that Lusch was pushing you pretty hard though. I think your opportunity to take advantage here was on the turn where Hypno is sleeping. You still have a sleeper, he has nothing to absorb sleep, it's not urgent that you get Tauros in on those turns. That being said, its not at all a bad move to go to Tauros on those turns. Sometimes your opponent just chooses Paper every time you choose Rock.

G5:
    I kinda like HML's team here. Aside from toxic on Blissey. Lines involving paralysed reflect Chan I am actually quite a big fan of. And Gengar is a nice teammate for that. It pretty much works perfectly here. Louna is forced to switch, Gengar is almost guaranteed to be able to come in and it can grab an easy sleep.

After that the game gets a bit messy. But that is how Nite teams tend to be. A couple of decisions I am not such a fan of in there too..

G6: HML didnt have much of a chance here. Demonstrates the antisynergy between counter and Gengar nicely..

Ok, I guess my favourite game is G3. Possibly just because I spent so much time analysing it.