1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. ATTENTION: For our 2023 season all of our tournaments will be hosted via the Pokémon Perfect Discord server rather than the forums. Please join us there and continue to enjoy our tournaments! https://discord.gg/2CsWWnan2A
  3. Tournaments

Check out the 2024 Tournament Calendar and join our discord server to participate in our tournaments!

Israel and human rights

Discussion in 'Not Pokémon' started by ya boi cleendy, May 12, 2016.

1. ya boi cleendy

ya boi cleendy proud supporter of donald trump! Member

Hey guys making this thread to gather some thoughts on israel and just jews in general. In case you didnt know right now Israel is abusing the native palestinians and effectivley oppresing them and trying to make sure they dont rebel back against the Jews. Palestinian school children are even taught that they are born solely to serve the state of israel and they are inferiror to the jews. Personally I believe that israel is evil. land of oppresion and soley kept up by the american dictatorship

thoughts?

2. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Furr and Power Member

I'm not sure why you're bringing this up, it's a sensitive topic that's not relevant to the forum and you're new here. Imo Israel isn't evil but the far right government of Israel takes things way too far. I support the two state solution.

Chrysalis likes this.
  3. Ortheore

Ortheore Host Emeritus

I strongly object to this post. I don't see why he shouldn't bring it up given that it is an intriguing topic of discussion that's potentially of interest to plenty of other people. "not relevant to the forum" is a really bad attitude imo, if we stick to preconceived notions of what this forum is about and suppress topics which stray from those notions we limit what this forum can be and potentially alienate a whole bunch of people. Likewise, pointing out the fact that he's new only serves to make us seem exclusive which is p much counter to what we've been trying to accomplish and it's a really bad thing in general.

As for the topic itself I really don't know enough to comment. I know that Israeli treatment of Palestinians is highly questionable but I don't know the specifics and I don't know where the Israeli mentality arises, though I wouldn't be surprised if it could be linked to right leaning political groups and media producers. In general I think far right politics thrives off demonising certain groups, but idk that might be a bit of a tangent

eden and GGFan like this.
  4. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Furr and Power Member

yea I mean it's just weird someone joins the forum and the 2 things they do is make an intro post and then one that's on a kinda weird unrelated topic that's all, especially since it's one that might just sorta be generating controversy, and it's sort of a meme-y topic and the name and custom title of the user have that same sort of vibe and i'm just sorta like i dunno what to do it's kind of uncomfortable and like it's trying to get some sort of a rise out of us

Chrysalis and eden like this.
  5. GGFan

GGFan Member

Careful, might get banned for disagreeing. :p

Actually, in my humble opinion, I don't think too many people would really care enough to passionately discuss a political topic such as this one. Not even me, and I'm at the age where I should be someone who's really interested in politics. If I were inclined to discuss this topic I wouldn't do it on a forum so incongruous with politics, but that's just me.

6. ya boi cleendy

ya boi cleendy proud supporter of donald trump! Member

The description for this subforum is talk about (almost) anything here is it not? What is so bad about my thread? I feel like there is some genuine discussion to be had about the palestinians and the israelis. Did you know that Israel has and continues to take palestinan land by force to create more land for themselves? The palestinians have been continually oppressed ever since the Jewish state was established, and are obviously unhappy with the current situation as seen by the constant conflict. For a country founded almost solely out of a huge incidence of human rights abuse, this is quite disgusting.

If you find this topic uncomftable or feel like I'm trying to get a rise out of this forum (if i wanted to troll wouldnt i do it to the smodrones??? lol) maybe you should just ignore it

7. GGFan

GGFan Member

Nobody is reprimanding you for posting topics of these nature. I don't know how you got that impression.

What I did say was that Pokemon forums don't compel me to discuss politics. I prefer to discuss politics on political forums.

Also, one disadvantage of discussing these kinds of topics is that this forum is much smaller. It's already been about a week since you posted this topic and nobody was interested. Feel free to post whatever you want, but don't expect heated debates here.

Chrysalis and Disaster Area like this.