1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

SM 1U (Universal Beta) Introducing 1U

Discussion in 'Tiers' started by Litwick., Nov 18, 2016.

1. Litwick.

Litwick. BLUE EYES WHITE PRIVILEGE Member

Hey guys, Litwick here. Here I am introducing the highly anticipated Sun/Moon 1U.

[art coming soon!]

Pokemon Perfect's tiering differs from Smogon's, with Pokemon Perfect starting from all Pokemon unbanned and bans Pokemon to form a balanced and diverse tier, while Smogon also bans legendary Pokemon that significantly exceed the overall power of the non-legendary Pokemon. Sometimes this results inPokemon Perfect's 1U tier resembling that of Smogon's Ubers tier.

Here are some of the clauses we will be starting off with.
    Clauses: Sleep Clause, Species Clause, Baton Pass Clause (Cannot have more than 3 users of Baton Pass per team), Mega Rayquaza Clause
    Banned Abilities: Moody, Shadow Tag
    Banned Moves: Double Team, Fissure, Geomancy, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize, Sheer Cold, Swagger
    Banned Items: Red Orb, Blue Orb, Gengarite (Shadow Tag), Salamencite

Possible suspect: Kyogre

Our council is not yet formed but expect that to be out in a week or two!

I will be forming a Viability Ranking in the following days with the release of Sun/Moon on another post, so keep your eyes out for that!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2016
  2. Enigami

Enigami Moderator

Played a few games with Ed, SM is looking pretty fun with the new additions.

Here's some thoughts on stuff that Ed and I have tested so far:
    [​IMG]The queen of hyper offense. Psychic Terrain shuts down priority and makes it much easier for glass cannons like Pheromosa or Deoxys-A to terrorize teams, and Tapu Lele herself is a respectable threat. Her presence will alter the 1U metagame for sure. Steel-types like Solgaleo check her pretty well.
    [​IMG]Surprisingly versatile. I've used Tapu Koko myself as a defensive Pokemon to handle Yveltal and Zekrom, but it should be usable on Rain teams (or simply alongside Kyogre) for boosted Thunder spam, and probably works just fine by itself.
    [​IMG]Kinda like a slightly slower Mega Metagross that can hold an item and has an expanded movepool, including Morning Sun, Roar, Thunder Wave and Calm Mind. Solgaleo's a really solid tank.
    [​IMG]Imagine a Scarf Genesect that gets to run an extra item, lacks Explosion, and gets STAB High Jump Kick instead of STAB Iron Head, and that's pretty much what Pheromosa is.

A couple of niche mons I'm experimenting with:
    [​IMG]252 HP / 252 Spe with Z-Parting Shot / Foul Play / Taunt / Filler makes for a potentially useful support teammate, especially for VoltTurn teams. I've had trouble making it work, though that might just be because I've mostly been up against Ed's hyper offense team that matches up really well against the poor kitty.
    [​IMG]Discount Arceus with Explosion (stronger than Snorlax's Selfdestruct!), Double Edge, U-Turn and Parting Shot. I've slapped a scarf on it and so far it's worked out for me.

3. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Furr and Power Member

I'm gonna propose doing a full ban on Baton Pass in SM: it would be far too complex to clause it to avoid baton passing any boosts you choose and sooner or later such a strategy is going to get very broken no matter how we clause it. Thoughts?

deluks917 and Ortheore like this.
  4. Enigami

Enigami Moderator

Honestly, I'd say it's either dry pass only or full ban at this point. There's far too many variables now to keep it balanced. Even banning speed pass might not stop some broken strategies. Regular Lopunny in lower tiers for example can run Z-Splash, hammer things and then BP that +3 Attack to a teammate to continue obliterating everything when it gets threatened.

Ed, Ortheore and Disaster Area like this.
  5. Disaster Area

6. supercube64

supercube64 Member

Toxapex is really good for sure. It definitely shares a lot of similarities with ferrothorn. I've been using this set lately, and I just adore it :D

Item: Black sludge
    Ability: regenerator
    Nature: Impish
    Ev's: 252 Hp, 208 Def, 48 sp.def
    Moves: Toxic Spikes(yay for poison), recover(why would you not have this move?), Baneful Bunker(used for scouting out a next move,can stall to gain back some lost hp with black sludge, and can poison if made contact with the move) and Liquidation( good for in case you get taunted and to add a little bit of damage onto your poisoned foe.)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  7. Disaster Area

I'm not sure how relevant mega sableye will be, but I suspect that it probably still has a role to play - so Toxapex probably wants scald or something as its attack so it can actually annoy Sab in some way. Also Haze is probably desired so you can actually beat GeoXern. Not really sure defensively what else it's gonna be doing, but it does face a lot of competition from tentacruel imo altho it's obviously got more staying power

supercube64 likes this.
  8. ThrashNinjax

ThrashNinjax Lets take to the Skies Host Emeritus

Zygarde-C is broken even in 1U and we should probably send it after MegaRay and co. Also BP should probably go too cause jeez.

Been trying CM Lunala and it's given good results (gotten me tossed by Zygarde-C but so did almost everything I ran), as well as a Kyogre / Yvetlal / Tapu Koko offense that turned out to be pretty lit. Pheromosa is also killing a lot of things on offense, sure you can throw Steel / Fairy / Toxapex / Flyer in front of it but they all dislike U-Turn and / or a random coverage move that kicks them to the curb. Overall everything but Zygarde looks cool and I'm interested to see how the meta develops as it goes on.

9. Litwick.

Litwick. BLUE EYES WHITE PRIVILEGE Member

Zygarde isn't broken in 1U as it's easily checked by Xern, and even Latios.

I doubt it needs a suspect but I'll bring it up to others.

10. Disaster Area

xern can be hit by the ground stab pretty hard, and latios isn't gonna see any use in 1U with the nerfed soul dew

11. Disaster Area

Discord here is a discord chat for those interested in helping to test the tier

12. Ortheore

Ortheore Host Emeritus

Fuck me, it's been too long since I played XY Ubers, which is relevant because that meta and SM share the fact that there's basically no switchins to SpecsOgre besides Palk and water resistant Arc forms, as everything else gets demolished. The threat of a Scarf set makes scouting Ogre an extremely high risk endeavour, and if it is specs pressuring it is tough, as anything slower becomes a liability.

Having said that I've only played a few games so far so I can't speak with much authority.

Disaster Area likes this.