1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Random I made a music recommendation site

Discussion in 'Chat' started by Ortheore, May 1, 2018.

1. Ortheore

Ortheore Host Emeritus

Music recommendations

It's really quite basic atm and needs a LOT of refinement, both in aesthetics and functionality, but I don't care, I've been working on it for a while (prior to this project I knew how to program, but literally nothing about web development) and it's finally in a state where it can be made public

Anyway, just felt like letting you all know. Feedback is more than welcome!

Chrysalis likes this.
  2. Stockings

Stockings Mum stole me darts Member

upload_2018-5-1_3-52-5.png
    20/20 fit, gj. Already better than gnoosic.

3. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Furr and Power Member

Error connecting to database: The artist you supplied could not be found
    Fetching ingredients...

rip :[

(the artists I searched were Elvina / MRVLZ / Abedz / Sevinc Agasirinovic / Filastine)

4. Ortheore

Ortheore Host Emeritus

I actually had a look at this when I was at work today, it turns out Sevinc Agasirinovic isn't on last.fm, which is really interesting, because I've tested a lot of music recommendation sites and found last.fm to be the best in terms of listing as many artists as possible- it was the only one to list Ex Curia, which has been the most obscure band I know of (rateyourmusic also lists them, but only because I submitted their entry).

Also Stockings gnoosic is sooo close to being what I want in terms of music recommendations, but some of their results are weird imo (every time I search Mutyumu I get poor results) and more importantly it's just so incredibly frustrating to use- one result at a time is annoying, especially if you already know the band it recommends, and getting asked whether you like a band or not is annoying for me, since I take too long to form an opinion. It's definitely something that influenced how I went about making this site.

Anyway, at the moment my priorities are tidying up the site's aesthetics (it's painfully obvious I'm just not good at that) and then implementing some way of highlighting artists which are similar to multiple search terms, since atm there's nothing distinguishing stuff that's only similar to one artist from stuff that's similar to multiple- they'd get a lower score obviously, but that's often not enough to separate things out. And of course, I'm looking to promote it as well, which I have mixed feelings about- I'm comfortable saying "hey, I made this, come check it out", but building up a social media presence is another thing, since fb/twitter and the like really aren't my cup of tea.

5. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Furr and Power Member

Just realised I spelt Sevinc's surname wrong whoops, when I spelt it right it actually came up with some stuff

(it's spelt Agasirinova not Agasirinovic)

anyway next thing I've tried is searching my own artist name (I'm Hers) and Kygo and I broke it again...

[​IMG]

I'd be surprised if anything useful came up from my name though, I don't think I'm on last.fm or rym or anything lol. But I am on soundcloud (10 tracks now!) and youtube

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  6. Ortheore

Ortheore Host Emeritus

So I saw this post earlier today but for some reason the image didn't load and I tested it independently and didn't get this lol. Anyway, you're actually listed on last.fm, but they don't have enough data to suggest similar artists, so the result when the program looked you up was empty but it didn't trigger an error. As for what's displayed in your screenshot, there was obviously an issue with the json passed from the server, probably at the end of that wall of text, because I can't spot anything amiss in that image. I guess that demonstrates that I need to implement some sort of check for malformed json

I assume the fact that you're listed without similar artists is what caused the issue, and it's something I addressed today (now it will trigger an error). Hopefully I'm right and that was the issue, otherwise I've probably just masked another issue lol

Disaster Area likes this.