1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. ATTENTION: For our 2023 season all of our tournaments will be hosted via the Pokémon Perfect Discord server rather than the forums. Please join us there and continue to enjoy our tournaments! https://discord.gg/2CsWWnan2A
  3. Tournaments

    Check out the 2024 Tournament Calendar and join our discord server to participate in our tournaments!

RBY [False alarm] What will come of the new RBY mechanics discovery?

Discussion in 'RBY Discussion' started by Ortheore, Jun 23, 2024.

  1. Ortheore

    Ortheore Host Emeritus

    Joined:
    May 16, 2013
    Messages:
    2,088
    Likes Received:
    1,349
    EDIT: further testing conducted in the smogon thread proved this to not be the casr, and Shellnuts subsequently found an error in their analysis

    Earlier today, Shellnuts dropped a bombshell new discovery about RBY sleep mechanics that is leading to additional discoveries about multi-hit/turn moves (e.g. Wrap and Pin Missile). It's still being investigated so there may be more details to come and existing details may be updated, but here's the gist of it:
    • Sleep has a 25% chance to land a 0 turn sleep where the target immediately wakes. All other durations have a 12.5% chance
    • Wrap et al have a 50% chance to last 2 turns, 25% chance for 3 turns and 25% chance for 5 turns (4 turns will never occur)
    • Multi-hit moves like Pin Missile have the same odds distribution (50/25/0/25)
    • Damage rolls are a mess:
    This begs the question- how is this likely to shape the metagame?
     
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2024

Share This Page