1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

ADV OU (OverUsed) Deciding upon the ADV 1U rule set

Discussion in 'Tiers' started by Cowboy Dan, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Cowboy Dan

Cowboy Dan Host Emeritus

Hello all, now that we are trying to start ADV seasons on Pokemon Perfect by January, I've been asked to start working on the rules of the metagame.

It has been brought to my attention that there has been debate on the following topics:
    • Sand
    • Arena Trap
    • Magnet Pull

Personally I feel that the rule set on Smogon is fine, and these should stay allowed in the metagame. That being said, I would like to see discussion about these issues, and any other potential rules that could be changed, including things allowed on Smogon that should be banned, and potentially things banned on Smogon that should be allowed.

Another issue that needs to be brought up is how this rule set will deal with baton pass, there are a number of options.
    • Banning the move entirely
    • Banning a certain number of users of the move per team
    • Banning ingrain Smeargle
    • No restrictions on Baton Pass
    As I see it, there is no perfect solution. I would like to see discussion on these options as well as any other options people may think of.

An ADV 1U Council will be formed fairly soon that will look at the rules, and play a large part in hosting tournaments and managing resources among other things. Please PM me if you are interested.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
    Lutra and Disaster Area like this.
  2. autumn leaves

autumn leaves Member

adv is perfect the way it is on smogon. the only restriction I'd consider is 3 bpers max (and keep the ingrain smeargle ban I suppose) because I'm no fan of full chain teams but even then... hell you could let bp teams run wild with no restriction and it'd still be the best metagame. just don't touch any one of sand/arena trap/magnet pull/bp (the move itself) because them being banned would be an absolute travesty.