1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

BW Crawdaunt for OU!

Discussion in 'Tiers' started by Kingsley, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kingsley

Kingsley Member

Here at Pokemon Perfect, I believe Crawdaunt should be moved to OU instead of RU. Crawdaunt is absolutely nasty, and Ive swepted tons of OU and Uber teams with it. It does not rightfully belong in RU. Crawdaunt.jpg You could even ask people I commonly battle, like Plumbum. Not to mention, Crawdaunts abilities simply make it unstoppable. The set I commonly use is Substitute, Waterfall, Crunch, Dragon Dance. Even without Dragon Dance Crawdaunt is easily capable of sweeping OU teams. Please leave your thoughts so we can have Crawdaunt rightfully boosted up to OU.

2. MattyRatty27

MattyRatty27 Member

Im new but you say its unstoppable but may I remind you what OU and RU stand for. How often do people use Crawdaunt on this server? That will influence whether or not it moves up. I use a Ludicolo in an Ubers team and it completely shuts down and walls Kyogre, Does that mean Ludicolo should be moved up to Ubers? Of course not. Also I can think of quite a lot of things that can stop that Crawdaunt set from sweeping. The likes of Jellicent with Will-O-Wisp, Skarmory with Whirlwind or the obvious one Ferrothorn which resists both of Crawdaunt's STAB attacks. People have as much freedom as they want to use Crawdaunt in an OU team, I personally fear it is walled by too many things.

3. Plumbum

Plumbum Member

Hell, as I said in the server itself, Crawdaunt is well outclassed by Porygon-Z, who has a better speed tier, coverage and relevant attack stat, as well as better boosting options due to only needing one attack move to abuse Adaptability with.

4. Dr. Fuji

Dr. Fuji Member

in OU that set is walled by a lot most notably ferrothorn also bulky gyara I don't think Crawdaunt deserves OU I think you want it OU because it's one of your favorites but what tier a pokemon falls under is based off of usage so if it gets used enough it will rise good luck in making it OU.

5. Axel

Axel Member

It can be a good pokemon if used right, but it has limitations which make it (as its current tier suggests) rarely used, OU pokemon can function in Ubers but that doesn't mean they are Ubers themselves, same rule applies to Crawdaunt.

6. Kingsley

Kingsley Member

You all have excellent points, so I therefore withdraw my opionion on Crawdaunt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.