1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Event CALLOUS Invitational Tournament

Discussion in 'Global Tournaments' started by CALLOUS, Apr 29, 2017.

1. McMeghan

McMeghan Member

ggs nails

adv stays adv

Nails, CALLOUS and Finchinator like this.
  2. SoulWind

SoulWind Member

3. Colchonero

Colchonero Member

Lost to SW, ggs bro

I guess i should stop using the teams i built 10 years ago lol

CALLOUS likes this.
  4. Ugly Duckling

Ugly Duckling Member

5. Ibidem

Ibidem Member

Paint mastery.png I had exact matchups I wanted but played poorly. Still confident about my team building and scouting but my predictions are worse than Tissot.

6. thelinearcurve

thelinearcurve Member

7. eden's embrace

eden's embrace end. Host Emeritus

ggs 0-2; will post later

8. ace matador

ace matador Member

9. ToF

ToF Member

10. Cowboy Dan

Cowboy Dan Host Emeritus

Choked pretty hard twice against ToF. WP.

11. M Dragon

M Dragon Member

12. Astamatitos

Astamatitos Member

13. CALLOUS

CALLOUS YouTube.com/CALLOUSnarrates Leader

Round one has officially ended. Thank you guys for a smooth, problem-free round!

Randomly drawing the round two pairings now and will have them up momentarily...

14. CALLOUS

Upper Bracket-

Mael vs Bomber
    VIL vs thelinearcurve
    M Dragon vs Astamatitos
    Ugly Duckling vs undisputed
    Coffe vs SoulWind
    Nails vs ace matador
    dekzeh vs Osgoode
    ToF vs Lady Schala

Lower Bracket-

Fakes vs dragonuser
    Ibidem vs TreinerOrenge
    Cowboy Dan vs Fear
    McMeghan vs Colchonero
    Blightbringer vs Earthworm
    Malekith vs Eden's Embrace
    teal6 vs sky chord
    autumn leaves vs reyscarface

Because we still have the same number of players as the previous round (the full 32) I think a week and a half, just like last time, feels appropriate. I may cut the time down as we start to lose players but it should be good for now. As such, the deadline for this round is Wednesday May 24th at 11:59 PM EST.

These pairings will also be copy/pasted into the first post of this thread for easier access.

Don't forget- REPLAYS ARE MANDATORY!

GL HF all! :)

15. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Furr and Power Member

thxs callous for reminding me to make a predix post oo

Mael vs Bomber person who took out fakes vs person who took out bkc... can we see more italian magic?
    VIL vs thelinearcurve underdog proving ground part deux
    M Dragon vs Astamatitos two of the biggest names in the tour going at it, highlight of the round
    Ugly Duckling vs undisputed I just think undis has that consistency, so I'm predicks that undis is the better ud :duck: quack
    Coffe vs SoulWind earth wind and sky... well coffe's beaten 1/3 of them now, will he make it 2?
    Nails vs ace matador hard as nails?
    dekzeh vs Osgoode dekzeh too beast to lose this soz osgoode u not os good e nuff bud :[ also don't forget to post hgss 1u vr lmao n_n needs to be done _eventually_
    ToF vs Lady Schala in a twist of fate... moxie is good at pkmn

Lower Bracket-

Fakes vs dragonuser solid & consistent vs consistent & solid right?
    Ibidem vs TreinerOrenge time for ibidem to prove himself vs ud's old sparring partner... if ibidem had won in the first round it would be the third part to a ud/jabba series
    Cowboy Dan vs Fear ok dan... prove yourself this time? :)
    McMeghan vs Colchonero if colch wins he shows us why he's in this tbh
    Blightbringer vs Earthworm the legend ... this would be more fun in gsc tho
    Malekith vs Eden's Embrace - adv cup rematch bro, this time dont play on ur phone or w/e u did to make u choke :bawa:
    teal6 vs sky chord a kind of old vs new
    autumn leaves vs reyscarface eyes on the prize

man im not qualified to make predictions lol

CALLOUS and Ugly Duckling like this.
  16. Ariel Rebel

Ariel Rebel #1 rsutton23 Fan Member

Upper Bracket-

Mael vs Bomber
    VIL vs thelinearcurve
    M Dragon vs Astamatitos
    Ugly Duckling vs undisputed
    Coffe vs SoulWind
    Nails vs ace matador
    dekzeh vs Osgoode
    ToF vs Lady Schala

Lower Bracket-

Fakes vs dragonuser
    Ibidem vs TreinerOrenge
    Cowboy Dan vs Fear
    McMeghan vs Colchonero
    Blightbringer vs Earthworm
    Malekith vs Eden's Embrace
    teal6 vs sky chord
    autumn leaves vs reyscarface

Predicting the first round was a bit of a crapshoot for me. After having watched a good chunk of the replays, I have a better idea of where everyone stands.

M Dragon and Astamatitos should be the highlight of the round.

Good luck to everyone.

CALLOUS likes this.
  17. CALLOUS

Lets get some more predictions! :)

18. ThrashNinjax

ThrashNinjax Lets take to the Skies Host Emeritus

Fake Disaster Today at 8:37 PM
    ninjax do predix for CALLOUS's tour y/y?

Fuck peer pressure

Upper bracket:
    mael vs Bomber - mael's a really strong and sharp player who probs has the upper hand, that said Bomber may be able to repeat his BKC-thrashing performance (hax and all)
    VIL vs thelinearcurve - on rep ViL is light years ahead but linear's been on a roll recently so I hesitate to predict against him, lets see how it goes
    M Dragon vs Astamatitos - arguably two of the best 5 players in this tour, highlight match. Bring popcorn
    Ugly Duckling vs undisputed - these two face off this week in roapl as well...as much as I love and esteem the duckling I think undis is overall the stronger player plus his preferred style tends to beat UD, ofc could go the other way but we'll have to see.
    Coffe vs Soulwind - Everyone said Earthworm would chew him up and spit him out...but he's still here. If Soulwind can exploit Coffe's teambuilding (since most of his stuff is pretty similar in terms of mons / pace / etc) then it could get rough but yeah, I think Coffe has the edge here.
    Nails vs Ace Matador - AM is probs the better player but Nails has the all-important ability to get lucky in a pinch so.
    Dekzeh vs Osgoode - Dek is just a beast...no way I could pick against him
    ToF vs Lady Schala - Moxie is an absolute terror (as he's been showing in classic), and though ToF can pull a twist of fate here idk man.

Lower Bracket
    Fakes vs dragonuser - both are extremely solid dudes but I think Fakes is the better adver.
    Ibidem vs TreinerOrenge - Ibidem is a god of cteaming but you cant stop Jabba with such petty tricks.
    Cowboy Dan vs Fear - the Fear is real with this one. Fear is obviously a top tier god but Dan's extremely good and has shown signs of shaking off his slump so he has a shot at this.
    McMeghan vs Colchonero - Roro is a beast, and I thought Colcho was a dpp main who was forced into gsc (maybe the two cancel out and make him an adv god?)
    Malekith vs Eden's Embrace - repeat of roa ladder tournament, except this time sunny wont even need a phone to choke xD

Bonus log:

All Comes Tumbling Down May 12, 10:14 AM
    ninjax why dont you just
    go back to your cage
    and kys you fag
    literally worst player I've ever seen
    shut the fuck up
    moron

Love you too bud ;) <3

teal6 vs Tamahome - again a solid set but I gotta back the stronger player
    autumn leaves vs reyscarface - the raid of destiny, when raider battles raider....both are incredibly good at the game, I think big kev has a better shot at winning but equally it'd be neat to see rey win and make his opponent "Mad," so.

Gl hf to all the players, and remember, FIGHT, FOR, YOUR, MONEY!

Disaster Area, CALLOUS and Ibidem like this.
  19. Coffe

Coffe Member

20. CZ.

CZ. Member

Since I'm done with exams and I have time to do this kinda stuff;

Mael vs Bomber - I think both players have the ability to win this and both top players, leaning towards Mael.
    VIL vs thelinearcurve - Both very solid, but I got VIL in a close one.
    M Dragon vs Astamatitos - Looking forward to this.
    Ugly Duckling vs undisputed - Got to support my boy.
    Coffe vs SoulWind - Idk why people underestimate this lad, given me some great battles.
    Nails vs ace matador - Both solid, idk either well enough in ADV to call it.
    dekzeh vs Osgoode - So hard to vote against my boy Osgoode, but dekzeh...
    ToF vs Lady Schala - I've played a ridiculous amount of ADV/DPP with this lad and he is so consistently solid.

Lower Bracket-

Fakes vs dragonuser - Stronger player atm.
    Ibidem vs TreinerOrenge - That r1 showing was amazing, and it's Jabba, so, yeah.
    Cowboy Dan vs Fear - I really hope Dan, but Fear doesn't deserve to be here, neither should be out this early.
    McMeghan vs Colchonero - Roro.
    Blightbringer vs Earthworm - ew.
    Malekith vs Eden's Embrace - Can't bet against one of my best mates on here + my tutee.
    teal6 vs sky chord - No idea how this'll go, but faith in teal6.
    autumn leaves vs reyscarface - Holy fuck tho. One of these is going 0-2?!