1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

ORAS Borderline 0

Discussion in 'Tiers' started by DG9, Sep 4, 2015.

1. mags

mags Member

Ok then we might as well drop Char y, slowbro and deoxys d to b- because they are equal to mega audino in opportunity cost. Quag needs a raise. counters/checks to much for it to be so low.

2. North Gate

North Gate Crimson Avenger Elesis Member

rofl

charY is the only one i think needs a hard drop, deo-d is a nice spiker for balance/stall builds and can set rocks too w/ reliable recovery. slowbro could drop to b as its mostly overshadowed by other bulky waters (hell i'd rather use cune for its much better mixed bulk)

3. mags

mags Member

Deoxys-D moves are what spikes/recover/skill swap/toxic so it can beat magic bouncers and scare away Gira-o and support Arcs but then exca gets free switches and spins. Im confused on how it can beat all 3 ways of hazard removal. Of course you can have a spin blocker but they get worn down to quickly rip. If you can find a way to stop all 3 ill consider keeping it but it should drop. Deoxys-S is pretty bulky and it's faster so its definitely a better spiker even if you want a durable spiker that will last the whole game. Nobody said anything about scizor ?_? does that mean you agree or disagree. Put Mega Audino at b- for now I guess at least put it on the viability rankings. Drop slowbro, drop char-y and lets discuss Deoxys-D, Scizor and Quag

4. DG9

DG9 Member

Mega Scizor: Agree. Drop it, opportunity cost to the max, only viable set is bulky defog tbh because SD literally gets walled by half the things in the entire tier.

Slowbro: Honestly here, drop Slowbro, but raise Mega Slowbro. Even though MBro takes up a mega slot, it is pretty good in this format. A solid switch in to 3/4 of the S ranks, all 4 if Gira is only running Shadow Sneak, and it can set up on all of them comfortably. It's physical bulk is insane, the ubers brought down have a tough time breaking it. Not only that, it just wins vs the meta right now lol. Birdspam? Sand? Fat stall? MSlowbro can beat all 3 of these. I say drop regular, raise mega.

Quag: Tbh, I don't have an issue with this raising. Used only on stall, it can come in handy for a sand check, Arceus-Fire counter, birdspam soft answer, and a Genesect counterish type thing. I like it, raise it imo.

Deo-D: I honestly haven't used this too much to have a real opinion on it. Your guys's call.

Chary: I guess this thing could go to B, it is a solid wallbreaker however. Then again when I think about it, sand/gira/chansey being on every non HO team is not good for it. Go ahead and put this in B.

Some things I think we should focus on are getting everything onto viability that needs to be on there. We don't even have Mega Venusaur on the ranks yet, and it may not be the best but deserves a spot. Maybe we should focus on this before focusing on changes?

5. mags

mags Member

Agreed with dg9 i would make these changes then we can work on actually getting stuff on.

6. North Gate

i'm cool with whatever. most of the proposed changes i'm fine with tbh and i don't feel like writing sentences for each as they provide no substance and it's just echoing what everyone has said already.

not trying to attack you or anything but when it comes to commenting on slates if you have no opinion on something don't make a sentence about it since it's pointless and provides no substance

this should apply for everyone who comments on slates

not trying to rain on peoples parades but i'm gonna try to keep the viability thread as clean as possible

7. gbhg

gbhg Member

I would suggest moving mega slowbro up to b+ or a-. I think this because the thing is an amazing check to sand balance(Beats most ttar sets and beats excadrill). Not only does it do that it also does a number to stall with it's cm set. It has the capability to break up stall cores significantly. It also checks arceus fire if it lacks thunderbolt or willo. It is really good in this meta and I think it should be higher than it is right now.

8. AxelDavis

AxelDavis Member

I had been making a tier similar to this on the Pokemon Showdown Other Metagames room very similar to this one! I allowed more stuff though.

Should I post my thread here for references or do you just want the imgur link ? -->
    SU (Superior Used) Tier Allowed pokemon Giratina both forms Deoxys D/s R - Pastebin.com

My thread was very extensive. I had replays, threats similar to your viability ranking threads (with sample movesets), three sample teams that i created, and a clauses and banlist section.

EDIT: Pokemon Superior Used Tier! - Album on Imgur --> the imgur link

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  9. North Gate

I'm sorry, this came off to me as extremely rude and unneeded. We don't have the same Pokémon allowed and I have never heard of the SU metagame before now. Please contact a moderator privately if you want your thread to be made if you wish for it to be.

I hate one uppers, tbf, this feels like just a needless advertisement for your own shit on a similar OM's look.

Please refrain from doing this in the future, and I apologize if it looks like I'm attacking you or something, I just felt that this was out of place.

10. AxelDavis

AxelDavis Member

The reason you have never heard of "su" tier is the same reason why the average battler has never heard of "bl0". I was proposing a tier like this on the actual smogon forums because I really like the concept of it. In the thread I made, I allowed a few more Pokémon and had slightly different rules. In no way was a being "extremely rude" no was I one upping. I was posting something that I had just made before becoming aware of Pokémon perfect,to compare notes, and give suggestions on other things that I think should come down. If you feel that my post was rude and out of place, I can simply go back to the status I had this time yesterday - completely oblivious that this site even existed.

11. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Furr and Power Member

Maybe it'd be best to make a thread discussing the rules of BL0 (since SU is the same concept effectively), and maybe you can understand better why the chosen Pokémon were allowed, and armed with that information make a case for the changes you feel would improve the game further. :]

12. AxelDavis

AxelDavis Member

DG9 created this tier and thread correct? Personally, i'd like his feedback on the things that i proposed. So i'm just gonna wait for him to come back before talking any further. As not to seem rude.

Disaster Area likes this.
  13. DG9

DG9 Member

Well I have no internet and I am currently on a school computer. I like my format the way it is, and I do not see any changes necessary to it currently. I appreciate the offer, but I am not interested.

Disaster Area likes this.
  14. Funbot28

Funbot28 Member

Is this tier going to be playable again on that server?, cause it never seems to work for me...

15. DG9

DG9 Member

Sorry thread has been dead, midterms coming up. Funbot, the server that this was originally on was run by MonteCrist0, who sadly passed away. You are still able to play it on any server though by clicking on Ubers. :]

16. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Furr and Power Member

It turns out that he didn't pass away (but he very nearly did). I can't get you the thread on that since it's in firebot. Still, I doubt he'd have a server back up and running.

17. DG9

DG9 Member

Oh... hm. Well yeah, I doubt he would come back and if he did there is little chance he'd get the server back up for my tier.

Funbot28 and Disaster Area like this.
  18. The Notorious B.I.G.

The Notorious B.I.G. en ring til å herske Member

You forgot skarm? B+ imo

19. DG9

DG9 Member

Well, this thread has been dead for a long time. I guess it's time to go over metagame changes.

Not that many people care, if anyone at all, I have went ahead and banned Giratina-O. It is the most splashable and ridiculous Pokemon in the tier. It has one set counter in Mega Audino which honestly isn't that good at all, and can solo teams. The checks it has are limited as well, and it is a blanket check to at least half the tier. The only reason we were keeping it around for so long was because of its ability to keep things in line, but that is a really poor reason to keep something in a tier.

With this ban, there are definitely new threats in the tier, and things that have gotten much worse and much better. I will work on viability rankings, not that anybody cares though. If you want to play the meta, or discuss it, please do so! We need all the publicity we can get. Thanks for your time.