1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Finished 2021 RBY OU Open 3 (Won by tr0mb0ner)

Discussion in 'RBY OU' started by Christos, Apr 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serpi

Serpi Member

won in 3, ggwp

MAX UND MAX likes this.
  2. mikmer

mikmer Member

LRXC and Serpi like this.
  3. tr0mb0ner

tr0mb0ner Member

won 2-1 against Jhonx, close games

Christos likes this.
  4. D4 Repertoire

D4 Repertoire Member

Won 2-0 vs RahelGamer03, ggs.

Christos likes this.
  5. Ctown

Ctown Member

Won 2-1 in an intense, well played set against green on fire, ggs and well played my guy

Christos likes this.
  6. AttackonSamurott

AttackonSamurott Member

Still waiting for a message from my opponent. Asking for act win.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  7. Christos

Christos AGAINST ALL ODDS ! Moderator

Round 3 is up ! Deadline for Round 3 is the 26th of April, 08:00 GMT+3.
    LRXC and Vivarby have received an extension to play their Round 2 set until the 21st of April, 08:00 GMT+3.

LRXC likes this.
  8. tr0mb0ner

tr0mb0ner Member

2-0 vs K3nix. Rng on my side
    upload_2021-4-19_15-22-8.png

Christos likes this.
  9. Christos

LRXC and Vivarby couldn't play even with the 2-day extension and since neither side had a clear activity case, I decided to coinflip the match and Vivarby won the coinflip. Unfortunate one has to "lose" like that, because both sides tried to schedule, but the tour can't wait any longer :/

New pairing: AttackonSamurott vs. Vivarby

10. Serpi

Serpi Member

won in 2 ggs, my luck was insane here

MAX UND MAX likes this.
  11. chuva de perereca

chuva de perereca Member

won vs my man ctown in 2, ggswp

Ctown and Christos like this.
  12. Christos

AttackonSamurott and Vivarby have until the 28th of May, 08:00 +3 to play their set.
    The Semifinals are up ! Replays are mandatory. Deadline for the Semifinals is the 3rd of May, 08:00 GMT+3.

13. Vivarby

Vivarby Member

js, I'm not the one asking for these extensions. I'm generally pretty free fri/sun, but I'm almost totally unavailable mon/tue. As I'm typing this post, this is the first chance I've had to play since the weekend... it's 10pm my time and 5am for my opponent.

I think I've made myself available on days that are pretty much ideal for completing tournament matches, tried to schedule for those, only for my opponent to not manage a time on those days and instead unilaterally request an extension, while either ignoring me when I said that mon/tue doesn't work for me unless they play at 6 in the fucking morning, or simply not knowing my availability. I think last round going to a coinflip was a poor call given that I was ready to play at the agreed time, only for my opponent to cancel, ignore me when I said that an extension wouldn't work and instead pointlessly request one anyway, with the subsequent delay being a major reason for the current match not being completed.

I'd be rather irate if a similar thing occurred this round because my opponent pointlessly asked for an extension when finding a reasonable time to play is literally impossible

14. Christos

Vivarby advances to the semifinals with an activity win over AttackonSamurott , who was late to answer to his opponent and couldn't play before the deadline. Thus the activity decision, despite AttackonSamurott's late efforts to play the set. So, the semifinal pairing is tr0mb0ner vs. Vivarby .

By the way, Vivarby, a few words from me: first of all, let me explain you the reasons why I decided to extend your sets and the reason why I decided to coinflip your set in Round 2. The reason I extended your sets is because both your opponents were active and did try to play you, especially LRXC. We prefer tournament sets to be played, if possible, so activity calls are usually made for cases where one player never responds or is very late to respond (like AttackonSamurott) or misses the scheduled time without prior notice and is then impossible to reschedule. LRXC did let you know in advance that he wouldn't be able to play, so I felt it was reasonable to let you try to reschedule and play your set. Now, the reason that set was coinflipped is because, despite what you seem to think, your availability is quite poor: two days per week do not make for reasonable availability, even when these days are Friday & Sunday (Thursday & Saturday for your opponents). You cannot assume these days are "ideal to complete tournament matches" simply because they happen to be ideal for you; your opponents' schedule may differ to yours (or to most people's) and neither's schedule is more "reasonable" a priori. Also, on top of poor availability, you are the only participant of this tournament who did not include a discord account for people to contact them. Granted, a discord account is not mandatory to participate in our tournaments, but if you're familiar with how tournaments work nowadays, you'll know that most people communicate there (or there as well) because it's a more direct way to communicate with other people compared to VMs and, thus, much easier to find other people online. Therefore, while you had an activity case, we didn't feel you really deserved the activity win and I say "we" because I asked the other tournament hosts as well and nobody said you did. In fact, if your opponent wasn't so late to respond to you and was reasonably available before the deadline, your Round 3 set would had been coinflipped as well. Now, about the notion that the extensions are a major reason you cannot play your sets in time, I think it hardly makes sense given that you're unavailable on Mondays and Tuesdays anyway...
    Please make sure you play your set this round because I'd be rather irate myself you fail to do so for a third week in a row and, this time, in a semifinal. Also, a reminder, please remember to save & post the replays from your set or the result won't stand.

Gacu likes this.
  15. Vivarby

Vivarby Member

I never said that I was unavailable on days aside from fri/sun, I just strongly favour them. I think they're optimal not just bc they work for me, but because they allow plenty of time to arrange a time and I think people tend to be free those days as well (sat also fits the bill by the same reasoning, but is not as good for me). The former point is why I believe the first extension lead to the second, as there wasn't enough time to try to organise something- it has nothing to do with mon/tue availability bc idk who would play as soon as the round is posted anyway

Anyway I suppose there's not really much point in me bitching about it, so sorry for getting the shits over it i guess

16. Serpi

Serpi Member

17. Vivarby

Vivarby Member

just take the win, i'm sick of trying to schedule and setting aside time to play for no reason

18. Christos

It's unfortunate that you feel that way. I hope you can enjoy the next tournament more than this one :/
    By the way, the reason I had deduced you were only available on Friday / Sunday is because you didn't mention other days at all when you contacted your opponents. What you said, however, makes sense since you would try to schedule on the forums. It's still not impossible to set a time earlier than that, in my opinion, but it's certainly more difficult.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, the Final is up: Serpi vs. tr0mb0ner
    Replays are mandatory. Deadline for the Final is the 10th of May, 08:00 GMT+3.

Vivarby likes this.
  19. tr0mb0ner

tr0mb0ner Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.