1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

musicaltide's Recent Activity

1. musicaltide liked Disaster Area's post in the thread Signups Closed GSC OU Qualifier 3 (Signups).

on smogon, formerly known as Disaster Area, porco dio, HereToHelpRBY, and In DA Zone uk Disaster Area#0027

May 29, 2020
  2. musicaltide liked CALLOUS's post in the thread Event CALLOUS Invitational Tournament 4.

CALLOUS- You’ve been around for a while and your Pokemon career has had its highs and lows. Your past 12 months have been fairly quiet....

May 29, 2020
  3. musicaltide liked CALLOUS's post in the thread Event CALLOUS Invitational Tournament 4.

CALLOUS- As the defending champion you are almost certainly the biggest omission from the tournament this year. What can you tell us...

May 29, 2020
  4. musicaltide liked CALLOUS's post in the thread Event CALLOUS Invitational Tournament 4.

CALLOUS- You won Callous Invitational 2 but you've spent the majority of the time between then and now away from Pokemon. How would you...

May 29, 2020
  5. musicaltide liked CALLOUS's post in the thread Event CALLOUS Invitational Tournament 4.

CALLOUS- For a long time you were a ladder hero and refused to play tournaments. What made you finally change your mind? GACU- I...

May 29, 2020
  6. musicaltide liked CALLOUS's post in the thread Event CALLOUS Invitational Tournament 4.

CALLOUS- So, here we are... After helping narrate this tournament for the past couple years you’re finally playing in it this time...

May 29, 2020
  7. musicaltide liked CALLOUS's post in the thread Event CALLOUS Invitational Tournament 4.

CALLOUS- There’s definitely a portion of our audience, particularly players who were not around in the old days, who know you more as a...

May 29, 2020
  8. musicaltide liked CALLOUS's post in the thread Event CALLOUS Invitational Tournament 4.

[IMG] CALLOUS INVITATIONAL 4 DISCORD SERVER CALLOUS INVITATIONAL 4 YOUTUBE CHANNEL Welcome to CALLOUS Invitational 4- the most elite...

CI4.png May 29, 2020
  9. musicaltide liked Disaster Area's post in the thread Community New Leader: Sceptross.

Well, I guess this was coming down the pike for a long time, but I hurried it along. Pokemon Perfect has grown an awful lot since I...

Aug 9, 2018
  10. musicaltide replied to the thread ADV OU (OverUsed) Blacklist.

Gave the team a few runs on the ladder, very fast-paced, high-risk/high-reward. Not my type of team, but major props for creating...

Dec 16, 2017
  11. musicaltide liked ThrashNinjax's post in the thread ADV OU (OverUsed) Blacklist.

[MEDIA] ^ Some Music to listen to while reading [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] So, hey, a lot of my friends...

upload_2017-12-15_23-13-46.png upload_2017-12-15_23-14-3.png upload_2017-12-15_23-14-25.png upload_2017-12-15_23-14-41.png upload_2017-12-15_23-15-4.png upload_2017-12-15_23-15-24.png Dec 16, 2017
  12. musicaltide replied to the thread Pokémon SPL.

Oh, I meant "the strongest potential starters whose skills I am familiar with". I'm not familiar with some other ADVers who seem to be...

Dec 16, 2017
  13. musicaltide liked Disaster Area's post in the thread Pokémon SPL.

Btw, for any SPL managers etc. looking, spreadsheets and major tournaments: RBY: Spreadsheet (lots of data here): Link Player Rankings...

Dec 15, 2017
  14. musicaltide liked eden's post in the thread Pokémon SPL.

i guess i'll write a bit, v cool thread. my opinions don't matter too much, but i hope they're useful in some way. asta's fired up...

Dec 15, 2017
  15. musicaltide liked ThrashNinjax's post in the thread Pokémon SPL.

This is a placeholder for a longer thing that I'll write at some point: RBY: Peas and Lusch will end with the top 2 records again, I'd...

Dec 15, 2017