1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. Also, let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Community Where your name came from

Discussion in 'Chat' started by Captain obliviius, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Captain obliviius

Captain obliviius Member

So captain Obliviius came from me always using common euphemisms wrong on purpose to irritate my wife.
    Me: "I'm just stating the oblivious."
    Her: babe its stating the obvious.
    Me: laughing at her for thinking I was serious.
    captain obvious became captain oblivious from there.
    Don't know if y'all Europeans use these sayings.

The double "ii" thing was typo at first. I coukdve changed but I decided I liked it. Looks like one of those biblical roman names or something idk.

Anyways, my friends on here just call me captain.
    So what's the story behind your gaming name?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    FriendOfMrGolem120 likes this.
  2. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Fur and Power Global Moderator

Well my name is a personality descriptor, but it also is a cult reference. It's the name of the band in the book/radio/tv series The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy by Douglas Adams. Big fan of that

3. Ch01W0n5h1n

Ch01W0n5h1n Member

My nickname is from the South Korean Series "Gunman in Joseon".
    Choi Won Shin was a man who was kept in enslavement (and so was his daughter), until he became a merchant, taking his enemies down one by one, standing on no side.
    He felt like the whole world has left him in the lurch, thus he was only loyal to his daughter and his closest minion, who was like family to him.

4. Captain obliviius

Captain obliviius Member

Oh man I've been saying your name wrong this whole time lol. Sounds like an awesome character.

Ch01W0n5h1n likes this.
  5. Disaster Area

Yeah, first it was a radio series then a series of books, the tv came later, then the movie came a couple decades later. Movie was the worst of the four arcs by far imo.

6. Captain obliviius

Captain obliviius Member

That seems to be the way it goes. Movies often don't do justice. I just got into the john carter of mars series. The movie actually wasn't awful.

7. The Idiot Ninja

The Idiot Ninja "The 15th RBY italian talent" Member

So I was on League of Legends like 4 years ago and I was trying to come up with something new to change away from the nickname I picked when I was like 11

So I thought "what's a good nickname" but I very quickly gave up because I can't come up with good nicknames so I just went with "what's the stupidest nickname I can think of" and there were two pro League of Legends teams at the time going around being Ninjas in Pyjamas (the original organization) and the Samurai in Jeans (some five kids who parodied them) and that was the silliest thing I could think of at that moment and I thought well how do I make it sound even more stupid easy just add the word 'idiot' in front

and so there you go I'm The Idiot Ninja ever since I very strongly regret ever choosing this and I could probably come up with something more inspired and meaningful now but I kinda built an alias with this nickname and changing it would just be weird now

8. Captain obliviius

Captain obliviius Member

Speaking of regretting names.. Who remembers husband and wife from the super smash bros tournaments? Husband played marth. Wife played as peach. Wife completely regrets it now lol

9. Ortheore

Ortheore Senior Moderator

I made it up. I took two homophones, stuck "the" between them and bang. My prior username was Marttyr (don't think I used it for pokemon?), a product of 12ish year old me thinking it was cool when I played CoD4. Down the line I thought it was really cringeworthy and I wanted a name that I could use online and also in fantasy settings without sounding stupid, so I made Ortheore

10. Sadlysius

Sadlysius Member

I was Alysius but one day I was sad and one friend said to me that my name should be 'Sadlysius' :(

11. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END. Member

I'm a fan of the fantasy genre and was a fan of fungi. The pun was too good to pass up, but "magicmushroom" was taken on the first place I used it.

12. Enigami

Enigami Member

Type my name backwards.

13. FriendOfMrGolem120

FriendOfMrGolem120 Member

When I started playing on Showdown I used to play under the alt "Newbie85365095" because I couldn´t think of a better name at that time and also just wanted to try showdown (and playing competive pokemon in general) out without knowing for how long I would stick around on that site. Then I played against someone called "MrGolem120". We ended up chatting a little bit and wanted play in the future as well. Because there is no friend list or a similar system on ps and I did not know when I would be online again, I simply chose the name "FriendOfMrGolem120" when I registered my first account so it would be easy for us both to remember each others name. MrGolem120 said soon after we met that he wanted to stop playing on ps and I haven´t seen him since.

14. ThrashNinjax

ThrashNinjax Lets take to the Skies Host Emeritus

I was 12 and wanted to sound cool so I picked Lord Ninjax, because Lord, Ninja and X lmfao.

Fastforward a few years, I was going through my Slayer phase so I swapped Lord for Thrash and became ThrashNinjax here. Part of me actually wants to get banned so I can come back using one of the half-dozen better names I came up with (because I'm too lazy to name change lol)

15. Disaster Area

Ask Lutra for a name change :b: once you're decided on one

16. Century Express

Century Express Member

Supertramp: Crime of the Century
    Kraftwerk: Trans-Europe Express

I've used to listen a lot these albums when i came up with this nick. I kinda regret it actually (sounds stupid / edgy a f), but whatever. My another nick (Yes) literally exists because of the band Yes

17. Linkin Karp

Linkin Karp Splashing to the top Member

I used to be the worst troll Pokémon Online has ever seen. There was a guy called [ SKY ] LiNKiN SHARK who got banned for toxicity in December 2013. One day I got bored, made an alt called [ SKY ] LiNKiN KARP (which fits even better imo because of the anagram) and started to join tours with only a Choice Scarf Magikarp, then timestalled my opps. I simply kept that name long after becoming a more mature person, because it's awesome.

Also what's up with y'all regretting your own nicknames, Century Express and The Idiot Ninja are totally fine.

18. drud

drud born to be a whiner Season Host

well it's nothing special but ill tell it anyway

so i like the pokemon called Druddigon and wanted it in my name on PO and i went around as "Wild Druddigon" (i know it was a bad choice but i was like 12/13 when i picked it) and i stuck with that for the PO era and PS came along and i had my wild druddigon name ready until i lost the password of that a couple of weeks later, so i went with "wild drud" but people just refer to me as drud which i appreciate lol, have been thinking of a name change but can't actually seem to think of a new good name

19. Disaster Area

aaaah I remembr [SKY] LiNKiN SHARK he was one of my buds haha

Linkin Karp likes this.
  20. Ch01W0n5h1n

Ch01W0n5h1n Member

Linkin Karp is superior pun wise for sure though ^^

Linkin Karp likes this.
  21. Bedschibaer

Bedschibaer Member

Bedschi is a real life nickname I used to have in highschool (and still have with some peers) that is pretty much a cutesy appendix to an abbrevation of my name. Baer (Bär) is bear in german. I signed up with that on some music forum a decade ago and kinda just kept going with it.

22. SamuelBest

SamuelBest Fucking lucky and fucking bad Member

My irl name is Samuel and I just happen to be the best
    or at least that's what 4 years ago me thought I guess.

23. Captain obliviius

Captain obliviius Member

Hey Ch01w0n5h1n
    If you like westerns you might like an old odd ball one called "A cowboy named nobody"
    Or "the cowboy called noone" can't remember the exeact title but its something to that tune.
    He is the young talent who teams up with a local hero sheriff who is passed His prime. And his catch phrase after beating someone is "nobody was faster than him"
    Just a thought nobody can be your alt if you want one :p

Ch01W0n5h1n likes this.
  24. Ch01W0n5h1n

Ch01W0n5h1n Member

Thanks I will definitely give it a try!

25. Golden Gyarados

Golden Gyarados Host Emeritus

Back when Pokemon was brand new, GSC rumors, leaks, and early game details (like new Pokemon, screenshots, etc) were starting to trickle in. We on the forums (The Pokemasters back in the day) learned about the shiny Gyarados from promo materials but none of them indicated the thing was supposed to be red (and Game Boy Color palettes didn't allow for a ton of clarity) - and super shiny with a sparkle plus the ruddish coloring seemed to indicate it was supposed to be gold. I really liked Gyarados back then, I was excited for GSC, and I was pretty young so Golden Gyarados seemed like a good name. When I re-joined the Pokemon community a few years ago as an adult I couldn't think of anything better, so I just revived that. Kinda wish I'd taken the time to come up with something less silly, but then also I don't really care, so ... :p

26. Disaster Area

Magikarp's shiny is gold so...

27. Captain obliviius

Captain obliviius Member

Own it bro. I remember catching red gyarados but it was on my black and white game boy... so I just took the games word for it lol. However it did make the shiny sparkle noise when I sent him into battle

28. Captain obliviius

Captain obliviius Member

What's with you hold outs reading and not posting your origin story? Dark strangers. To you I wag my finger '_'

Kidding.
    I respect privacy
    Not kidding.
    Stop being mysteriius.

29. Samantha

Samantha Member

When I read your username, I always think of the line in The Lion King, "And with all this romantic atmosphere, disaster's in the air."-ea.

30. Eden's Embrace

Eden's Embrace Kimi Wa Tsuyoku Nareru - Hunting for your dreams Member

was a big fan of a show called eden of the east; unfortunately the name was taken, so i ended up using eden's embrace, mainly because it sounds better than Sunny[Current Generation]

FriendOfMrGolem120, sulcata and Lutra like this.
  31. sulcata

sulcata Member

oo i watched that a while ago. nice taste.

i have pet tortoises so i just decided to go with the species name (it mightve been reclassified since).

also movieaboutcancer just came from mr. oizo's the church. i was looking for a nice alt to not get bothered on so i tried to think of the most edgy, ladderfaggish alt possible, and a song with "but it was a movie about cancer" fit the bill.

32. Troller

Troller Member

Can i join the "most regretted nicknames" group?
    The name's pretty clear, and i'm lacking a good story to explain why i made this bad choice too, i was simply loving the trollfaces AND spamming awful stuff like Gallade in Bw2 OU back to then, so here it comes.
    I couldn't regret my choice more, you won't believe how many times i got (and still get damn) horrible situations like i'm explaining something in any room like RoA and the users reply "oh you like trolling xdxdxdxd" this is really annoying, i enjoy joking but this name is far from what i'm really, i know how to be serious, and i don't joke when i'm not supposed too. But still, this is part of my identity now, even if more often than not this nickname ruins any first impression about me, i'm now addicted and i couldn't think of not using it.

33. sceptross

sceptross Member

EDIT: Holy moly this actually got huge. If you just want to know the history of my current nickname, it's the paragraph that starts with "Lastly, around 3 years ago".

I'll join in.

Using a nickname I liked was always a struggle for me.

At first I just used my first or first and last name together (I used to hang around on NetBattle under the name Afonso, which is my first name, for instance, when I was like 11 or 12 years old).

After some time, I decided to actually invent a nickname. I was terrible at coming up with names. So I stopped using my first name and invented the nickname sakagashiko (terrible nickname and no one is allowed to be ashamed of their nicknames after this lol). Stopped using it some time after.

After some time the Lockerz site popped up. I liked the name so I started going with lockerz96, being 96 my birth year. I still used it in my Skype account until fairly recently, when I created a new one. Skype was the last place I still used that name. I stopped using it because it felt too generic and not very smart to just use a website as nickname and slap my birth year.

At the same time I decided to check Pokemon simulators again (PO at the time), after watching some videos of BW (I really disliked DPP back then, so I took a hiatus while the 4th gen was around). I decided to try a Baton Pass team, which was a complete joke, having no competitive experience. After a couple of battles a random guy started spectating all the matches I entered and I eventually inquired him about it. He said I was a really good player and was trying to learn from me or something of the sort. He was obviously making fun of me, which got 14 or 15 yo me, who was already going through depression, get really obsessively affected about that. My love for Pokémon* wouldn't let me quit, even with my morale on all-time lows, so I went with the nickname "Noobish Noob" on PO and later on PS!, so that if I ever played terribly people wouldn't judge me as much, because, you know, I was a noob. Ironically, I actually was on the top 10 of BW UU PS ladder back when that was the most recent gen for a lot of time, using a team built around Yanmega, a Pokémon no one used in UU. I only used this name in Pokémon Sims.

After that, in an online game I used to play, there was a guy whose nickname was TheDoomBug. I really liked the sound of it. Also I like bugs. So, I started using TheFlamingBug. It also sounded good and I was into Yu-Gi-Oh! at that time, so I'd just slap a Warm Worm as avatar and be done with it. I still use this nickname on Steam. However, I never really liked it, it never felt original and unique.

Lastly, around 3 years ago, my best friend's little brother (who, despite being 6 years younger than me, became one of the closest friends I've ever had), who is also a diehard fan of Pokémon, was discussing Pokémon with me. Eventually the subject of me never really liking one of my nicknames popped up. I decided to merge his favourite Pokémon (SCEPTile) and mine (HeracROSS) and thus Sceptross was born. That was the first nickname I used that I really enjoyed. I still use it, have no plans of changing it and the only regret I have about it is not capitalizing the first letter. I think non capitalized names look bad. Maybe I should actually talk to Lutra about that :p

Fun fact: Every time I changed my nickname, someone told me they actually enjoyed the former nickname. That's something I actually find amusing.

*Seriously, I easily have dozens of thousands of hours dedicated to the Pokemon franchise, I have no words to describe how much it has impacted my life.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  34. Stockings

Stockings Girl, don't waste your time on me Member

I use a lot of psuedos.

Andrew/Andy - It's my name.
    Stockings - i used to be part of a small chat group that called ourselves 'the treehouse', we'd always change the name of the room every time we were starting up for the day, one day it was stockings and I was looking for a new online name at the time, thought it sounded nice and took it.
    Sal Paradise - lead character from my favourite book. (on the road by jack kerouac, I'd highly recommend anyone to read it, changed my outlook on life entirely.)
    Gosick/G$$$$$/G$/G/YUNG BASED GOS/etc. - I used to rap with mates a lot, one day a line got dropped by a friend about me liking goth(ic) girls, followed by a reference to the anime gosick, it stuck, the other's are just spins on it that happened over time.
    ALICEXVI - hentai game female lead's name, used very rarely.
    ComboGoddess - for some reason my 'writing style' makes people assume I'm a girl a lot so I used to catfish a bit for the banter.
    Gyaru!/Kogal! - out here tryna cop a gyaru gf

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017 at 5:31 PM
  35. ToadNorton

ToadNorton Member

I either go by ToadNorton or Fudster85

ToadNorton - A reference in this YouTube video here:
    I honestly don't know why I picked it was just something that I remembered well from the vid and it just stuck with me

Fudster85 - The word fud is an inside joke in my boy scout troop and I used it with my favorite numbers 8 and 5