1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Community What can we do better next time?

Discussion in 'World Cup of Pokémon Perfect' started by Sceptross, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Sceptross

Sceptross Leader

Now that WCoPP is technically over, much like last year, it's time to ponder over what went good and what could have gone better.

I think we can all agree this edition was much better than WCoPP 1, and most of the improvements come from the input you guys gave us last year and we worked on.

So, once again, like last year, we ask you, what can we do better next time, in your opinion?

2. SamuelBest

SamuelBest Sleepless Weeb Season Host

Not letting Callous join

melle2402, GGFan, tjdaas and 4 others like this.
  3. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Fur and Power Member

Ways this year was better:
    - the tour did go a little quicker
    - more activity
    - no real drama

Ways last year was better:
    - no teams were excluded or forced to play a qualifier

Only thing I would do next time different is I would have done 3 groups of 5 with the 15 teams we had or, since ussr dropped out, 2 groups of 7.

Also, tiers are always up for debate, but the tierlist was fine this time around given the state of the forum & playerbase.

Otherwise, good job hosting this! :)

tjdaas and Sadlysius like this.
  4. Sadlysius

Sadlysius Member

I agree :rolleyes::p

Linkin Karp, Disaster Area and tjdaas like this.
  5. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Fur and Power Member

Having 1 week per team of no playing bc of being in an odd numbered group > lots of teams having to play a qualifier (so long as it doesn't massively prolong the tour)

6. Christos

Christos Against all odds ! Member

Congratulations the hosts, WCoPP 2 was indeed very well organized. There are still a few things to be addressed though, mostly regarding the format of the tournament. In my opinion, adopting the round robin format for the group stage of the tournament is something that increases the inactivity during the last few fixtures. Teams that are already eliminated have little to no motive to play and thus, give away activity wins. This contributes to an uneven competition, where the teams facing the eliminated teams during the last fixtures are favored. This is important, not only because some teams are getting easier wins towards the end of the group stage, but also because the first criterion to determine who goes through in case of a tie is comparing the battle differential of the teams. In fact, the activity issues in Group B played a major role in determining the teams that would go through. I don't know if it is possible to implement this on PP, but I think adopting the format that is used in smogon's wcop group stage would probably decrease inactivity overall. Furthermore, it would make the tournament a bit more compact. The tournament's length wasn't a problem for me, but I believe that many people would enjoy a shorter tournament.

7. LL

LL Member

I think the biggest issue with this year's tournament is that eligibility rules were too strict. This is for all intents and purposes, a tournament that's primarily meant for fun. The team that eventually ended up becoming North America, which was formed by asking the hosts if the team was legal constantly before the rules changing up last second obviously because we were building a "superteam", completely lost all motivation after half our team was nuked as a result of them changing rules last second. Also, our team really didn't give a shit after the first few weeks because we were basically eliminated. Next year, I recommend just going with the wcop format for this tour with eligibilities being taken at face value to maximize the amount of motivated team for this tour.

tjdaas likes this.