1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. Also, let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

ADV 1U-L (Universal) Viability Rankings

Discussion in 'Tiers' started by Cowboy Dan, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Ibidem

Ibidem Member

Gengar doesn't counter curse Snorlax. Yes it learns haze, but shadow ball will 2KO even without boosts.

Camerupt beats all Gengars. Gengar can hurt it only with explosion, which is just a trade. I don't count hp water gimmicks as a solution. Even hypnosis if you don't have Dugtrio follow up won't do that much, Camerupt can be EVed to survive multiple ice punches. Camerupt works on offensive teams, especially with mixed Snorlax that can't do much vs Gengar - fire blast is not enough. It blanks will-o-wisp and kills all grounded electrics with EQ. Only defensive zapdos can outstall it with toxic/rest, but Camerupt can boom on it.

Lanturn doesn't have boom, is weak to common hp grass and isn't immune to will-o-wisp. There is no point in using thit mon. Do you want bolt/beam resistant mon? Use Magneton, which atleast can trap and eliminate steels. Lanturn has also very low offensive presence. Comparing Lanturn to Camerupt is wrong. Those are completely different mons.

Lapras does nothing to Blissey, but so does Milotic, Starmie, Zapdos, Porygon 2 and multiple other mons. That's not an argument and C isn't super high anyway.

Pursuit Umbreon is "do nothing" mon that works only vs defensive teams without enough damage output to kill it during rest cycles or wish/protect retardation. Every team has worse matchups but this set of Umbreon has too many. It does absolutely nothing to steels. OK you can remove steels with Magneton but good luck vs strong fighting types. Meanlock variant can immediately baton pass to Dugtrio. Pursuit either dies or force you to take huge damage on something else.

I wrote how I feel about Raikou in previous post. Venusaur growing popularity just killed any hope for Raikou and hp ice isn't really a solution, because Swampert is everywhere.

Ludicolo is fairly good, but I feel like it should be slightly below it's current rank. I don't really care about rain dancers in general, they are too easily walled. I prefer sunny day abusers that can pass special walls with explosion, although I'm aware that Ludicolo is much better than let's say Exeggutor, if special walls aren't present.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  2. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Fur and Power Leader

It checks it though. In combination with say Skarm or something, you usually cover it fine.

It still takes HP Grass reasonably well. It has good offensive presence vs stuff not called special walls. Camerupt obviously suits more defensive teams, Lanturn suits harder stalls which don't care about offensive presence and would rather wall more things. I don't see why that's not enough for C-.

No I mean literaly, why use it instead of blissey aside from for Perish Song which is a super mediocre move. I don't see this higher than C-.

Edit: I guess it bodies crocune, but so does Vaporeon, Quagsire, and Mantine.

Idk I win games with it. It's the only mon that can trap starmie and it's much better than ttar or houndoom as trapping claydol to. With Protect, it's not as vulnerable vs CB Mons, as you can scout them. With Wish, you can pass wishes to support mons liable to getting worn down (Cune is a perfect example) which switches into most CBers. It doesn't need to do anything to steels to be effective at suport: passing wishes reliably and pursuiting a number of Pokemon that are relevant to the hazard war are realy importan roles. It is a "do nothing" mon sure, but that suits me fine. Strong fighting types are uncommon, and duggy traps the most common one anyway. It's not meant to sweep or clean or even not be set-up bait for things. I think you fundamentally want it to be something that it isn't. Wish + Pursuit support, with the ability to stomach hits and retaliate with Toxic vs special attackers, and protect to scout CBers - these are all really positive traits that altogether make it a viable alternative to ttar when teambuilding stall and bulky balance teams.

Honestly I haven't used CM Spam before and I've barely used rain so honestly I can't really comment on any of this but I feel like someone else needs to have some input into the conversation, as CMspam at least used to be a prominent playstyle and rain has seen some popularity over the past several months I think.

---

In light of the rcent vote, [​IMG] needs a spot on the VR again.

3. Deadboots

Deadboots Lethargarian Season Host

Gengar never "checks" shadow ball lax. A check is a Pokémon that can 1v1 the Pokémon it's meant to check if given a free switch. At best Gengar is forcing a rest by wisping, but even after a wisp it can't stay in on lax. Discussing Skarm in tandem with it is not a valid argument in its favor - by that logic, toxic blissey is a great check to thick fat lax if it is used with Skarm.

Ibidem likes this.
  4. Ibidem

Ibidem Member

Also 90% of curse Snorlaxes are paired with Magneton.

Ah I incorectly read your post about Lapras Disaster Area. Cleric Blissey alone can't counter a Cune. It's only temporary answer and after that you need to phaze it and Lapras provides that. Sure you can phaze it with Skarmory or Swampert while Cune is asleep, but lapras is just immune to water and has 4x ice resist. So even rare rest talk won't touch it. Perish song is also best solution vs last mons. Great move.

5. Eden's Embrace

Eden's Embrace Shimmering Dreams Member

CM Spam is inconsistent; Cune/Cele/Rachi versions are probably the best, Raik versions drop Duggy, which is dumb; or P2 which is pretty bad also. Raikou is just inconsistent, i really don't know what "other" teams these are where it is being played, but it is definitely not amazing on CM Spam by any stretch of the imagination; if anything it makes that team more match up based by dropping utility in p2/dug or dropping other useful stuff like boom gar. B i guess, B- works too; not B+ imo

The win game argument is fine, but its a slippery slope no? Because UD wins all the time with Venusaur, is that grounds for it being A rank? On its own merits though Umbreon has some ok niches, bulkier Pursuit trapper to help out Lax/Flygon with Wish and not force sand on to the team sounds ok, its only somewhere in the C ranks anyway.

Where on these harder stalls would you place Lanturn while still being viable; but again it does have a niche, and is playable, I like Umbreon far more than Lanturn though, because the niche is more quantifiable i guess?

I want to say that Venusaur also probably should be in B rank, I mean I admit its over Celebi a lot of the time, but it is quite good in its own right. Problem is I don't think there are too many teams where a straight Celebi -> Venu swap doesn't introduce gaps versus other stuff, so I'm fine if I am not agreed with here.

Cloyster is fine in B, with Skarm Mag being so popular, I think its nice to have a way to force more than 1 layer; although it is frequently restricted to 2 layers and boom, in a lot of the cases that I have seen.

What's wrong with Donphan in C+? oo, its mediocre but workable this rank implies that to an extent.

Registeel is definitely a C+ mon I'd say :']. It works for sure, but the advantages it had over Jirachi aren't big enough for me to always want it over say Asta Rachi.

Yama is also a bit overrated, maybe test a bit more? I don't know it feels like most of the time, it knocks something off, and then just sits in Rest cycles. It checks Tyranitar really well...I guess.

I think one off games, shouldn't be used to justify stuff like Lapras :']. Bit unreliable, I can see why it can work but why use this over say Vaporeon? Is Perish Song that huge of a dealbreaker?

Moltres in B- is ok I mean, Moltres TSS is pretty dangerous in and of itself, and if I'm using Moltres I am looking less at the defensive value it provides, and more to the offense it brings to the table. Spikes+WoW make it an effective status shuffler to an extent, while on the straight up offensive side Gar+Molt+Dug is pretty effective versus some builds. Again fine if you keep it in C+ because it is hard to actually fit on to teams sometimes.

Weezing's niche is probably a toxic pivot, that can spread burns effectively versus Cele/Skarm/Bliss with spikes down; while at the same time being able to cut off their recovery via Taunt(stopping Spikes is a bonus :']). I admit this is a bit of unique niche that not every team is looking for but, also worth mentioning is that it is one of the best Heracross counters for bulkier teams.

Weather is inconsistent as it is....what's the arguement for it being B as opposed to B-, other than generally thinking it is a reasonably effective sweeper. On a side note it probably is better than Kingdra but, Kingdra's good physical bulk sometimes affords it more room to get going in a late game; Ludicolo and Kingdra both need the same preparation for a sweep in like boom gar and/or dugtrio...why not both in B-? Effective but requiring a lot of support.

6. Disaster Area

Hypnosis / Dbond / pivoting are also worth mentioning. Maybe Tar is a better partner to mention. Gar works really well partnered with other common normal resits to handle lax, and although it usually means more switching around, making the game more prediction-heavy can work for as wel asgainst you. Also thick fat lax is honestly a joke imo. But I would argue, although not as forcefully, that yes, if thick fat lax was common, then toxic bliss to some extent helps handle snorlax.
    Perish Song is only good on really hard stalls though imo: harder than the sort I use and I use harder than most people use inthis offensive spikes- and TSS-filled metagame. I guess we can describe Lapras's niche then as: a very hard cune stop with Perish Song, as well as Heal Bell and Roar. To me that's C- material at best. If we add D rank I propose moving Lapras down to D, alongside Poliwrath, Lanturn, and putting in Shedinja and Shuckle there too.
    I think it's fine so long as it's not your whole argument. I gave a number of other points so I think alongside the fact I've won ladder and tournament games with it, it adds to the discussion. It works nicely either with the mons you mentioned, or on a stall team with Forretress and Gengar.

Thinking about it, it kinda hs Lapras syndrome: what can it do that Blissey can't? Only thing I can think of is Water STAB and Volt Absorb. It probably fits on some hard stall somewhere... agreeing it isn't very good though. Maybe put it into D if we make D.

if it gets worn down or forced to rest tar can beat it too lmao. It really is overrated :(

The thing with weezing is it doesn't have much of a niche over gar is all. It does all of the things you just said lol. The main differences are speed/typing+bulk/physical power/pursuit weakness. It does have a niche, I just feel it's so specific that it shouldn't be ranked too high.

Eden's Embrace likes this.
  7. Disaster Area

I think comparing Weezing with Gengar is like comparing Umbreon with Pursuit TTar. There's a lot of similarities, and the latter has more upsides overall, which is a part of why it's far more common, but there are distinct niches for the former in each case, meaning that on certain teams they are preferable and can definitely be effective. The lower viability rank indicates for them more their relative unsplashability than utility. Other Pokemon which are less useful but more splashable are similarly viable on the whole.

Weezing is basically a gengar that stallbreaks rather than cleans, beats lax on its own rather than in tandem with its teammates, and doesn't spinblock.

Eden's Embrace likes this.
  8. Ibidem

Ibidem Member

[​IMG]C -> B-
    To explain further why Weezing in my opinion deserves B- rank:

Weezing is all in one solution to counter curse Snorlax, Heracross and it's only reliable haze user. Weezing fits really well on non spikes team, because haze doesn't abuse them. Other than spikes scenario it's overall better move than counters last mon issue. To counter curse Snorlax you need either defensive Celebi that dies to Heracross or Tyranitar/Gengar combo to scout for Snorlax coverage move. Haze on Gengar is a joke option, while both Celebi and Tyranitar have access to phazing moves, they also increase Heracross vulnerability. If Suicune issue is already covered by for example Snorlax or Zapdos you can skip on Celebi and add Weezing to lineup.

It's especially good on Claydol & Magneton teams because these usually rely on defensive Suicune as phazer. Meaning that you must give up on ice beam on bulky water. This somewhat force you to use ice beam on Claydol. I love Claydol, I think it's best spinner but in my opinion this mon is very bad without explosion. Haze Weezing solves this issue allowing Suicune to use ice beam over roar or you can swap Milotic over it if you choose to. In result of that Claydol no longer needs ice beam on this team archetype and explosion is great emergency move to have as a back up.

Example lineup of Claydol & Magneton team with Weezing:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Because Weezing can't 1KO or even 2KO Heracross like Salamence does and sludge bomb secondary effect can trigger guts, adding sand stream may help with this issue. Pursuit Tyranitar also removes Gengar, which allows you to use other coverage move on Snorlax than shadow ball. Team already has two EQ users while there is no physical answer to Celebi. Crunch is not enough vs calm mind variant so hidden power bug fits. It's nice surprise move on Snorlax and unlike EQ can finish off Gengar if Tyranitar fails at this task (although it does pathetic damage to Gengar but still better than 0). With toxic on Milotic and Snorlax as physical answer to Suicune - there is no need for Celebi, especially since there are no spikes. As we can see Weezing is great glue on this team that solves no phazing/heracross answer issues, as well as adding EQ immunity and ability to spread status. Gengar with Tyranitar here could also check curse Snorlax and Heracross but at the cost of haze. You also need to remember that Gengar can be eliminated by pursuit trappers and after that there is no switches into curse EQ Snorlax. While Weezing is also vulnerable to pursuit, it's still far harder to kill than Gengar, because of neutrality to dark moves and healing via pain split. If you don't like sand on curse Snorlax team you can replace Metagross over Tyranitar, but then you probably need shadow ball on Snorlax. In both scenarios Weezing does his job well.

Milotic @ Leftovers
    Ability: Marvel Scale
    EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
    Bold Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Toxic
    - Recover

Weezing @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 64 SpD / 24 Spe
    Impish Nature
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Haze
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Pain Split

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 200 HP / 12 Atk / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
    Quiet Nature
    - Rock Slide
    - Earthquake
    - Crunch
    - Pursuit

Claydol @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 108 Def / 96 SpD
    Relaxed Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Psychic
    - Rapid Spin
    - Explosion

Magneton @ Leftovers
    Ability: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
    Modest Nature
    IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Toxic
    - Protect

Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Ability: Immunity
    EVs: 144 HP / 144 Atk / 60 Def / 144 SpD / 16 Spe
    Careful Nature
    - Body Slam
    - Hidden Power [Bug]
    - Curse
    - Rest

9. Coffe

Coffe Member

I used both Lapras and "GSC-style" Umbreon, and yes, I can confirm that they're good Pokemons if placed in the right team.

Talking about Lapras Disaster Area said
    But he didn't considered the amazing offensive pressure that he can keep; with the boltbeam + water coverage you can hit very hard almost every Pokemon in the tier, with the exception of special sponges ofc, basically a bulkyer offensive Starmie with a lot of usefull support moves in the last slot. Perish Song is just one of them. It can force a lot of switches and that's particulary deadly with 3 layers of spikes and the Protect Dugtrio I used in the same team. But there are other options like Sing, Roar, Heal Bell, Confuse Ray, and all these moves have their use. Lapras is very imprevedible.

Also Umbreon needs the right team to work. The reason why I used it was that I needed a good Starmie and Gengar pursuiter, an effective and high-sustain Curselax counter, and a thing that can lure steel types in (Skarmory in the first place), letting me trap them with Magneton, Umbreon was the only Pokemon capable of doing that, especially paired with a beller which was Celebi in my case, so you don't have to rely on the low-pp and nerfed by sandstorm Moonlight and can play Rest. Not the best Pokemon if your team is Metagross weak or if you don't have a beller, but it can work.

prozac and Disaster Area like this.
  10. Disaster Area

Gengar works better than weezing there though because you literally get 6-0d by taunt dd gyarados? At the very least you have to play carefully around it. And it doesn't exactly have the best win condition: hp bug curselax. I mean really, I'm sure there's much better weezing teams than the one you posted, you're not even trying lmao. It seems like some kind of elaborate joke.

11. Cowboy Dan

Cowboy Dan Host Emeritus

Comparing Weezing to Gengar is ridiculous. They have a few similarities sure but I don't see where this argument is going because they very rarely if ever compete for the same spot on a team. If the only reason you have gengar on a team is for a shaky lax check and fighting resist, then well you shouldn't be using gar, and that's literally the only overlap they have. That being said, weezing definitely isn't B- material. It's quite difficult to build around and the main things it counters solidly other than lax aren't particularly common. That being said it's a pretty cool mon, bulky willowisp users are amazing and it soft counters basically every physical attacker in the tier. Solid C material, that I could maybe see moving up to C+.

prozac and Disaster Area like this.
  12. Disaster Area

I maintain my disagreement; I think that Gengar and Weezing compete for the same slot. Weezing handles snorlax single-handedly rather than in tandem with its teammates, is an arguably better heracross answer, it's a stallbreaker rather than cleaner, and is less vulnerable to pursuit.

13. Ibidem

Ibidem Member

I disagree completely. It's very easy to fit into a team because Weezing does job on his own. So you don't build around it first place. Sure it will like wish support but who doesn't. Kingdra requires more support such as Blissey boom lure or Dugtrio and yet is ranked as B-, even though there is very similar but much better Ludicolo which reduces Kingdra usage.

14. Cowboy Dan

Cowboy Dan Host Emeritus

I guess I worded that wrong. It's more that there just aren't many teams where the support weezing provides is necessary, and that another pokemon wouldn't fit the slot better.

Disaster Area likes this.
  15. musicaltide

musicaltide riverflower Member

I think it's about time Venusaur rose from C+ to B+. Sleep moves are amazing in today's meta, and Venu works well as a more proactive special wall than standard defensive Bi or Blissey due to Sleep Powder alone. I'd personally put it right beneath Milotic or Gyarados, and above P2. Regardless, Venu definitely is a cut above the rest of the C+ tier mons, if its increased usage is anything to go by.

Also, Raikou belongs solidly in B or even B- instead B+. It's weakness to Spikes, lack of longevity due to sand, and lack of hard-hitting moves all contribute to why it's the most disappointing cool mon ever. Rest Raikou is a decent attempt to mitigate its flaws, but Spikes + any EQ user can force it out continuously to the point that it basically does nothing all game. From personal experience, I can't recall any moment in the last year or two when Raikou actually did its job well, whether sweeping late game or checking special threats like Gar and Zapdos. Perhaps place Kou under Claydol (right above the 1U line).

Lastly, I think Cloyster deserves to be at least above Ludicolo in B, and perhaps even in B+ alongside Gyara and co. Since solely using HP Fire Magneton (without Spinners) has become a popular way to check the two most-used Spikers (Skarm and Forry), Cloyster has an easy time getting 2-3 layers on such spinless teams. It still has many flaws, which is why it dies pretty quickly, but it does its job of stacking Spikes and maintaining momentum (with Explosion) well enough to warrant a promotion.

16. awoken

awoken Member

The two cents of a nobody on the rankings:

Suicune -> top of A+. He's good, but I don't think this guy has seen top five usage at any time in the entire history of advance. Really dangerous with either the offensive or defensive set messing up most teams but not really as splashable as the other S-tiers or even something like Swampert. Also has nowhere near the versatility of Tyranitar/Gengar/Celebi who have like ten very different viable/common sets each vs. the maybe four from Suicune which are basically either offensive cm or defensive rest.

Jirachi -> middle of A. Curselax is hard to use in the current meta of Sand Spikes spam but I've seen it win more games than CM+Wish, SubCM, or CM+3 Jirachi. Astarachi and Utility Lax are pretty comparable though and each have strengths and weaknesses. Blissey while not as versatile is the single hardest counter that exists in the game. Aerodactyl can always flinch his way to a victory. In my experience, these three in particular have won a lot more games either offensively or defensively than any Jirachi variant, and are equal at worst.

Zapdos -> below Blissey. Decent mon, but offensive sets get walled by too many things and the defensive sets really aren't the same without sleep talk. Rest variants get forced into sleep cycles by pretty much everything and while you're asleep you're giving free switches to dangerous stuff like Aerodactyl. Feels so bad when the opponent switches in Skarmory on your rest turn and then spikes in Zapdos' face. Baton Pass is cool though.

Jolteon -> B+. This guy takes so much from the things it's supposed to check (Suicune/Gengar/Zapdos etc.) whether it be status or a 70% hydro pump. On the offensive sand teams he's usually on, if the opponent manages to set up a layer of spikes, which is virtually guaranteed with SpDef Skarmory, his longevity is laughable. Good for keeping momentum and spikes down though.

Flygon -> B+. Don't see why he is above Milotic. Decent rock resist but requires quite a bit of support (Magneton/Pursuit) if you want to land toxic or do anything meaningful with earthquake. Even then, he still has 4MSS. Defensively, he only covers Tyranitar and Electrics without HP Ice or Toxic, which is virtually none of them nowadays.

Raikou -> bottom of B. Absolutely the worst OU. The only thing he's good for is checking if the opponent has Blissey, and even then they sometimes send out Celebi instead. Really shaky answer to the stuff he's supposed to come in on (Gengar/Zapdos). Like Jolteon, really suffers from high toxic Skarmory and will-o-wisp Gengar usage. Still not as bad as some are making him out to be.

Claydol -> B+. Refresh variant is the most reliable defensive spinner in the tier. Combined with Magneton you basically guarantee winning the spike war. Poor offenses make him niche but he absolutely has better team matchups than things like P2 and Gyarados.

Cloyster -> B+. Similar to Claydol, really good in the current meta, but nonetheless very matchup reliant. Almost never spins but can easily get 3 layers vs mag teams. Usually gets pretty relevant booms if it doesn't die to toxic and sand first.

Kingdra -> somewhere in the Cs. Outclassed pretty hard by Suicune and Ludicolo and there are at least 10 things in the Cs better than this.

Venusaur -> B. Have a hard time putting this over anything in 1U except maybe Raikou. Has good matchups with some speed against almost all common leads except Salamence. Significantly less stable than Celebi, and getting hit by any status is devastating. Doesn't take more than half from any non-stab special attack, but every mon has something that can hit Venusaur for a third, which combined with spikes, sand, and no recovery makes you wonder if sleep powder was worth it.

17. Cowboy Dan

Cowboy Dan Host Emeritus

Based on the vote, I've determined the pokemon involved should be placed in the following tiers.

B
    Venusaur
    Claydol
    Cloyster
    Vaporeon

B-
    Raikou

C+
    Moltres
    Kingdra
    Weezing
    Ludicolo

C
    Registeel

18. Disaster Area

I think Raikou should be B based on the votes - 6/9 voted it B. Also I think Moltres should be B- not C+ - 5/9 voted B/B-, 4/9 voted C+/C

rest makes sense to me

19. Cowboy Dan

Cowboy Dan Host Emeritus

Hmm true, moltres I think I'm definitely wrong on, raikou not sure because the votes putting it lower were really low but i'll put it at bottom of B because 2/3rds wanted it in that tier. Fixed now.

20. Enigami

Enigami Member

Shouldn't that be "2U" and not "2P"? Cloyster and Vaporeon are not banned in 2U, and Raikou hasn't even been tested yet (and is probably fine there with bulky Grasses and Lanturn being common). Also, why is Venusaur above the 1U line? Doesn't it need a vote for it to be raised to 1U?

21. Cowboy Dan

Cowboy Dan Host Emeritus

Alakazam is 2p and everything in 2u is allowed in 2p as well so saying everything below is 2p is true while saying everything below is 2u isn't.

22. Enigami

Enigami Member

That doesn't answer the other question: why is Raikou beneath the 1U line and Venusaur above it? It should be the other way around until they are voted on. Unless there was already a private vote somewhere?

23. Cowboy Dan

Cowboy Dan Host Emeritus

There was a vote in this subforum about the tiering and the placement was based on that vote. The vote was done because these pokemon could possibly cross the 1u/2u line.

24. Cowboy Dan

Cowboy Dan Host Emeritus

After some discussion on discord and some reconsidering, I've decided the way we went about this probably isn't the best in regards to how the 1u/2u line is determined. The way the line was drawn originally was that the pokemon in B tier were voted upon by they now nonexistent ADV 1U council. In the spirit of transparency and democracy, it is probably better at least for now for this vote to be open to the community instead of a small council behind closed doors. As a result I'd like to propose a new series of votes to determine the position of the 1u/2u line. For now the line has been removed meaning there currently is no official 2u tier. The way I'd like to conduct the vote is as follows. First we will vote upon the order of the pokemon in the B tier. I would like this vote to be done via PM in order to prevent dishonest voting based upon the votes of others. Anyone who has an opinion on the matter will send a PM to me with their list of the current B tier pokemon (not B+ or B-) in the order they see them in regards to viability, with the most viable at the top, and the least viable at the bottom. After a sufficient amount of time, I will use a point system to determine the final order. Since there are currently 6 Pokemon in the B tier, a placement of first place will earn 5 points, second 4 points, and so on. The pokemon will be ranked based on how many points they earned in the vote. If there are any ties, we will hold further votes until each pokemon in B tier has a solid rank. As a reminder, the pokemon in B tier are:

[​IMG]Regice
    [​IMG]Venusaur
    [​IMG]Claydol
    [​IMG]Cloyster
    [​IMG]Vaporeon
    [​IMG]Raikou

Once this process is complete, we will then hold a vote to determine where the line between 1u and 2u should be drawn. At the end of this process we should have a well defined 2u tier determined by Pokemon Perfect's ADV 1U community, and we can begin work revitalizing the tier, and continuing further tiering.

25. Cowboy Dan

Cowboy Dan Host Emeritus

Alright the voting for the order of B rank is complete! The new order is as follows:
    [​IMG]Regice
    [​IMG]Claydol
    [​IMG]Venusaur
    [​IMG]Cloyster
    [​IMG]Vaporeon
    [​IMG]Raikou

Now all that's left to do is determine the placement of the 1u/2u line. If you wish to vote do so here.