1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. Also, let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

GSC OU (OverUsed) This is the best gsc team I've used.

Discussion in 'Public Teams' started by Roostur, Apr 24, 2017.

1. FriendOfMrGolem120

FriendOfMrGolem120 aka. "FOMG" Member

Some minutes ago I played a casual game against MovieAboutCancer in which I tried out some changes. I used Dragonite instead of Slowbro and made some slight move changes. He decided on bringing Zapdos, Cloyster, Machamp, Exeggutor, Steelix and Snorlax. I belive that my team (respectively the variation of the Celia-team) usually got a big advantage in this matchup.
    However, we both had some lucky and unlucky moments and in the end he won. During the game I would have loved to have one pokemon on my team: Slowbro. He is literally good against all of his pokemon with the exception of Zapdos. I underestimated the coverage and synergy he provides. Dragonite and Skarmory are more against a few specific threats I believe. Slowbro makes the team stronger overall but leaves more holes against certain things.
    So basically: I don´t know how I would play that team in the future. I really like the concept of the team and it was fun to play with it. I just see many matchup specific flaws in it that are impossible to compensate during a battle and no good solution for that problem at the moment.

Ariel Rebel likes this.
  2. Roostur

Roostur Member

Celia's team is actually really good against borat's favorite team in the world and pretty much any variation of it besides bd fire lax.

You guys keep mentioning marowak being a problem. He hasn't been to me. One of my last matches with this team was against surfing tyranitar who used marowak against me and he wasn't really hard to deal with. Maybe a heal bell rest marowak might but I haven't seen one of those since I last used one so I wouldn't know.

You sound like me when I first started playing this team. I changed donphan for dragonite. I tried a perish song/giga drain/ice punch/ mean look gengnar in place of slowbro (which actually beat james g and gengar actually took down 4 pokes i believe) . But they all had their problems and I just kept coming back to the original team which seems to be the best version lol.

It is just really match up dependent. If you change your forry set to this then the team becomes strong against this but weak to this. If you change it to this it becomes strong against this but weak to this. You're right, I just don't see a way to make the team strong enough to cover everything right now.

FriendOfMrGolem120 likes this.
  3. Lojh

Lojh I worship BORAT Member

I use a very similar team in the form of :
    Pi¢hu (Raikou) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    - Thunderbolt
    - Roar
    - Reflect
    - Rest

Bli$$ey (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Keen Eye
    - Drill Peck
    - Whirlwind
    - Curse
    - Rest

Suicide (Suicune) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    - Roar
    - Sleep Talk
    - Rest
    - Surf

Laxative (Snorlax) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Immunity
    - Return
    - Belly Drum
    - Lovely Kiss
    - Rest

$weeper (Forretress) @ Leftovers
    IVs: 6 HP / 28 Atk / 24 Def
    - Spikes
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Rapid Spin
    - Explosion

$wagger (Umbreon) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Synchronize
    - Toxic
    - Charm
    - Rest
    - Pursuit

And i find that the switch from cloyster to forretress helps win the spikes war because of an immunity to toxic and that rest missy is the be all end all counter to this team. also found that zapdos wasn’t as good of abusing spikes (even with ww) compared to suicune. HP ghost on the forry could mitigate the problem with missy but then the team ends up going 250+ turns against another team of the same nature. Toxic umbreon is a great addition to stall and should definitely be explored more thanks to the amazing way to remove cloys (w/o rest) and starmies from the game.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  4. Roostur

Roostur Member

Back when I was dominant on the ladder, before I started using this team, every time I ran into a missy team I thought “yes. Free win for me” . I even was going to write up a long argument for why missy should be down lower on the tier list but just never got around to it. She is only good against a select few teams. I’ve never ran into a missy team that the standard marowak team I used to use didn’t just win against. Some missy stall teams like the one mr golem 120 used to use even lose to weird stuff like my weird charizard team for some reason. So I’m my opinion, in a tournament setting, bringing a missy team is a risk. You’d have to know for sure that your opponent was bringing something missy was strong against. And those teams are few and far between. If people are still using good teams nowadays anyway.

5. Lojh

Lojh I worship BORAT Member

One thing that i have noticed, is that if this team runs mixlax (with rest and thunder), This team is VERY good. Thunder removes cloy so spikes game = win and it can threaten almost every pokemon with spikes up.