1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Community The GTT has been temporarily abolished

Discussion in 'News' started by Sceptross, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Sceptross

Sceptross Leader

Cowboy Dan and Golden Gyarados have decided to retire from the GTT.

After some discussion between the remaining members of the GTT (myself, Lutra and tjdaas), we have decided to temporarily abolish the GTT. Decisions regarding tournaments and all the other spheres of action of the team will be made by the staff members of the website (myself, Lutra, Ortheore, tjdaas and Enigami) until the GTT (or a similar system) is reinstated. There is no specific schedule for when this will happen.

tjdaas and Lutra like this.
  2. Troller

Troller From Marcoasd's DNA Member

Why would you ever cancel something that worked so well, and made pp special?

Edit: Oh just Lutra trying to screw his site again, should have seen that coming lol!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    GGFan likes this.
  3. Lutra

Lutra Site Founder Owner

Predictable histrionic reaction again. I don’t think it worked that well, since these council things require a lot of effort to lead, counteract groupthink and are often very far from well-oiled machines, and I didn’t see this as an exception. It did perhaps encourage more leadership and critical thinking though because of expectations, and quite a lot more rules are set up for the future.

I didn’t like the idea from the start, but it wasn’t so bad in the end — other than around PPL, where there was a lot to sort out.

Anyway, I feel progress is made every day for me. It’s a shame for you it doesn’t involve PP mainly, but not for me.

tjdaas likes this.
  4. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Fur and Power Member

GTT is a good idea but also it requires dedication and seriousness for it to be productive and tbh even when I was in it wasnt driven most of the time etc.

5. Chrysalis

Chrysalis finish line Season Host

That's not the problem. The site has enough dedicated, serious and competent people to fill 2 GTTs.

6. Troller

Troller From Marcoasd's DNA Member

You talk of effort as some collateral damage, while everything takes effort to work, heck the tours are much more effort why don't you cancel those? Analysis? Effort effort effort.
    The reality is that for once pp di not have messed up dramas but handled all of then pretty well, to point where even I couldn't critic any of their actions. The most cancerous users were banned, it was a dream watching pp for once really growing, not in numbers but in quality, i was so happy. Then one day you decide " i don't like those users so imma nuke the whole thing against everyone's opinion". You should either comeback and take care of your site as you used to or go 100% on roa doing your stuff. Coming back once per month to mess up stuff then go afk again is not supposed to be, the ggt was great and you screwed it up, at least admit you had your bias (because you are human, we all are) against the new candidates so you prefered closing instead of having people you don't like choose stuff.

I don't even have problems with that, it's your site, if you want to ban someone or stuff feel free to. But at least quit playing the unbiased man it's not funny.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    Chrysalis, SamuelBest and GGFan like this.