1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Community Season Host & GTT Updates

Discussion in 'News' started by Disaster Area, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Fur and Power Member

I will be hosting the next RBY OU / 1U Season.
    ErPeris will be hosting the next GSC OU Season.

Thank you, Linkin Karp, Mister Tim, and SamuelBest for your excellent work as hosts of the previous RBY & GSC Seasons.

In addition, Peasounay wishes to step down from the GTT. He will be replaced by Cowboy Dan. Peasounay has done an excellent job on the GTT, helping to write and evaluate the Global Tournament Rules, and being involved in important tournament decision-making. I'm sure Cowboy Dan will follow in those footsteps and do an excellent job.

christos21, Dizno, ErPeris and 5 others like this.
  2. Linkin Karp

Linkin Karp 从来没有幸运,但有时橡胶鸭子。 Season Host

I want to thank the playerbase for making the current season and the last year of cups as easy as possible for me to host. While hosting doesn't take up too much time compared to actively playing, it requires a great deal of constant activity and can sometimes be a frustrating task if participants are unresponsive. Gladly that wasn't the case this time.
    It leaves a slightly sour taste that the decision to replace Tim and me as hosts couldn't be communicated with us beforehand for whatever reason, as we were both already planning far ahead. However, I trust ErPeris to continue doing a great job at hosting the GSC seasons, and I am sure Cowboy Dan will do equally well on the GTT.

3. Disaster Area

Yeah, my apologies, I've had a lot on my plate lately as has Sceptross so these decisions came incredibly late, so things haven't been as smooth as they should have been.

tjdaas likes this.
  4. Lusch

Lusch A critical hit! Member

Is this because Linkin Karp did not want to host anymore?
    For what it's worth, I think he did a great job at hosting the season so far and it was always easy and pleasant communication between him as the host and myself as a player. Obviously I can only speak for myself, but this reads not like he told you he'd quit or something.
    Just out of curiousity, why is his host-role stripped off him exactly?

deluks917 and SaDiSTiCNarwhal like this.
  5. Disaster Area

It's because I wanted to host. He did do an excellent job at hosting, and he may host the season again in the future. I have asked him if he wishes to continue hosting the cups and am waiting on his response. His host role has not been stripped from him, he still has the Season Host position on the forum. I haven't yet spoken with Lutra about whether any of these previous hosts should be given the Host Emeritus role or keep the Season Host role, it is on the priority list.

6. Lusch

Lusch A critical hit! Member

It's not about the role. I don't think people care for the banner...
    It's manners... in my opinion, you can't just go up and say "alright, thanks for putting in the effort to host, but now get out of here and take the back seat, I, DA, want to host again." - And that without even informing/talking to the current host (so it seems).

This is not how you treat people. If you wanted to host a season again, maybe talk to current hosts if they want to continue hosting. And if all of them want to continue (provided they did a good job), then good for them and good for you too. Less work for you; you do a lot on this site regardless; should only help you if the hosting work is carried by more shoulders.

You don't need to wonder if someone does not continue hosting the Cups then (maybe?) and that people might not want to host at a later time, when you suddenly don't want t/don't have time to anymore. I know I would not be that guy that you could rely on hosting again if I were demoted just like that.

7. Disaster Area

Yeah, I'm sorry, I didn't do it right. I've been very busy.

Lusch likes this.