1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

RBY RBY OU (why not Stadium mechanics?)

Discussion in 'Analysis and Research' started by Honig, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Honig

Honig Member

In my oppinion its rly sad that the most common rules u play everywhere are the buggy gameboy mechanics.
    I dont like any changes like RBY+, Violet Edition or other mods. I just want the true 1st Gen gameplay experience we all know and played before.

Some people told me Stadium mechanics will end in a Substitute war. But RBY is known for its offensive kind of battles. Most Games just take 30-40 Rounds. With Substitute we only get 1 more important defensive move and other fixes for (Focus Energy, Wrapping moves, Hyper Beam, Fly & Dig, ...)

In any other Gen we use the most up to date mechanics. Why not in RBY?! xD

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  2. HK-Ssi

HK-Ssi Hard to be worse Member

In every gen we only use main serie game mechanics, we don’t play XD OU in gen 3 for instance.
    And Stadium is not a main serie game.

Maybe it’s not a good thing but that’s how things are, and in that sens, rby’s tiering is coherent with other gens.

Ortheore and Honig like this.
  3. Honig

Honig Member

But Freeze and Sleep Clause is taken from Stadium... it was never part of gameboy only*edit

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    Duke Groundrunner likes this.
  4. Duke Groundrunner

Duke Groundrunner Member

Lol

I remember there being a freeze/sleep clause for sure in stadium. It was in the various cup challenges I.e. Petit cup. Prime cup. All of that.
    There was also a no exploding on the last remaining pokemon clause.
    I don't know if the same rules carried over for pvp but in stadium 1 it was there for sure. Unless the Mandela effect is kicking in right now. I remember playing through stadium with rentals and had to kill the sleeping mon before sleeping another

5. Honig

Honig Member

Yes, you are right. I just ment it like you said. ---> Why playing Gameboy mechanics, while using Stadium rules xD...
    its kind of mixed. That is was I dont understand.

6. Ortheore

Ortheore Host Emeritus

This pretty much hits the nail on the head

I'm grateful that we play RBY and not stadium primarily, as I loathe functioning Sub, it's way worse than even Reflect stallwars in RBY. I also dislike the changes to sleep- although it makes sense, as sleep was undoubtedly broken in RBY, we already have rules in place to limit it, so it just becomes really strong. By contrast, it's absolutely pathetic in stadium, which I think is less interesting.

All that being said, Stadium does deserve to be played more. All of my complaints against it are my own personal opinion, and don't constitute arguments against it. It's just different, and imo no less deserving of play

Honig likes this.
  7. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END. Member

Because it doesn't feel like RBY without Hyper Beam.
    That's a bullshit thing that many of us want to remove, but a bunch of morons create inertia.

8. samy0w

samy0w Member

Do you mind giving me the names of those "morons"?

9. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END. Member

M Dragon forced it back in after Showdown didn't implement it.