1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. Also, let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Ongoing RBY 1U Master Tournament #36

Discussion in 'RBY 1U Seasons' started by Peasounay, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Fur and Power Global Moderator

After a surprising tournament last time in terms of who made the later rounds, the players in round 3 is a surprisingly unsurprising mix of just big name players. :eek: whoever I end up facing in the semis (and hopefully the finals!) will be a tough opponent :3

2. GGFan

GGFan Member

Requesting extension to Tuesday, midnight I guess (GMT +8). Ortheore isn't available during the week and I'm not available on the weekend.

Edit by Peas: Ok

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2017
  3. MetalGross

MetalGross Member

won 3-2 vs peas in a really good series, gg

4. Troller

Troller Member

Won 3-1 vs Beds, intense stuff ggs

The Idiot Ninja likes this.
  5. GGFan

GGFan Member

Beat Ortheore 3-0 thanks to playing insanely well and getting some insanely lucky fps and crits, particularly in game 3 and especially game 2. The final game was INTENSE. Best one I had in quite a while.

ggs as always.

6. Disaster Area

So GGFan when do u wanna throw down?

7. GGFan

GGFan Member

When are you free usually?

8. Disaster Area

Most of the day UK time. At my Mum's & won't be free during working hours come next monday but otherwise I can probably do just about any time I'm up. Hbu?

9. Ortheore

Ortheore Senior Moderator

Confirm result, ggs and well played, gl

10. MetalGross

MetalGross Member

won 3-1 vs troller in a good set, ggs got a bit luckier overall though

11. Troller

Troller Member

Lost 3-1 to Metalgross ggs

a bit frustrated for the last game especially, but my opponent played really well and outsides of rng factors i had fun facing him, i hope to face you again in the future, good luck for the final

MetalGross likes this.
  12. Disaster Area

GGFan and I should be playing at about 2am my time [GMT] on Friday.

13. GGFan

GGFan Member

Good news: I WON RBY OU SEASON #12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I won 2 games against Disaster Area to end up with 33 points! I FINAALLLYYYYYYYYYYYY did it!

Bad news: DA has internet problems, so we couldn't finish the set. We'll finish it on Monday because I can't play on the weekend. I'm currently up 2-1.

After all the bullshit that happened to me last year, I FINALLY got redemption. Fuschia Cup, HERE I COOOOMMMMMMMEEEEEEEE!

14. Disaster Area

Also it's late

replays of the 3 games

[Gen 1] OU replay: Disaster Area vs. GGFan 7102 - Pokémon Showdown

we'll probably play the rest around about 8pm my time on Monday. Hate playing half a set but it's 4am and my internet is not co-operating.

Had some crucial bad luck in games 2 and 3 unfort, fping on a successful counter is ALWAYS a bad feeling, and Reflect Chansey getting crit by a reflect lax bslam and KOd when your team is slow and your opponent reveals Gengar and it's just suchhh FeelsBadMan

[​IMG]

hax doesn't make me mad and tbh I still had room to play better, hopefully I can take 2 more games on Monday.

Linkin Karp likes this.
  15. Lusch

Lusch A critical hit! Member

Congratulations GGFan!
    You derserve this win, I think everyone knows that.

16. GGFan

GGFan Member

I'm still over the moon. It's so gratifying to have won this season, especially since my victory is about a year after season 9. It should have been you against me to decide the winner.

And then there was the mind-numbingly stupid debacle in season 10, where I was accused of extorting Enigami. I thought I was done for good after all of that bullshit. But I decided to sign up for the Vermilion Cup because I didn't want corruption to end my run. I placed in the top 3 of that tournament. I had a higher record in a tournament of champions than Peasounay, Bedschibaer, and marcoasd. I was having fun again. I had a lot of fun in the RBY 2U World Championship, where I had to beat a who's-who of RBY players to win my first tournament (without controversy) in three years. I beat Golden Gyarados, Enigami, Peasounay, thelinekeobeur, and finally my old rival, marcoasd.

I was active on the ladder for the first time since my run on the PO one four years ago. I peaked at 4th place with 1600+ and a 90% GXE. Then I signed up for PPL, which was a really interesting experience. Even though I finished with a 6-7 record, the general consensus was that I was a top 5 player throughout the tournament and it was clear that RNG was vehemently against me. So, it ended up boosting my confidence even more.

I carried my momentum back on the ladder, where I tried once again to reach #1. I peaked with a 1643 score and just under a 93% GXE this time, which was good enough for 3rd. I was content with that, as I was with my performance in Master Tournament #34. I ended my "semi finals curse," overcoming a tough bracket of Poek (Smogon Tour finalist), Linkin Karp (RBY up and comer), Metalgross (two-time Global Championship finalist), and The Idiot Ninja (very impressive rookie) to reach my first final round in two years. Although I lost to Peasounay, I was able to take him to the limit and fought bravely and intelligently. I enjoyed success in the Indigo Cup as well, becoming the only player to have a winning record in both that and the Vermilion Cup. Unfortunately, things didn't go quite my way in MT35, but the caveat was that it took some extraordinary circumstances to eliminate me. I also learned a lot from that set. I studied it carefully.

I incorporated some of EvanRBY's techniques and ideas into MT36. They did wonders for me in my set against Huston, who has a very good foundation of RBY and showed tremendous potential. I didn't change things drastically against another one of my rivals, Ortheore, and the significant RNG I got was also a blessing. Finally, I've continued to use what Evan taught me against DA while mixing in my own philosophies, which resulted in just enough success to win the season.

I almost got banned. I was blocked from being able to write comments. I harbored a lot of anger for the way I was treated at times. There was a lot of misunderstanding, but it's all over now. I have, in the words of Troller, found an oasis in the unforgiving desert known as competitive Pokémon. Because of that, part of me wants to relax and take a break, but my ego won't allow me to do so. I still have a lot of work to do.

To the Fuschia Cup I go! Amazing how my only chance of getting in was to win this season, which I did in the semi finals of its last tournament. I also want to come out on top of this MT, but if I don't that's ok. Even if I lose this battle, I've already won the war.

It was a difficult journey. Thank you to all who have supported me over the last tumultuous year. Thank you to all who have helped me become even better. I'm not the greatest of all time--WE'RE the greatest of all time. We need each other to be great.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  17. Lusch

Lusch A critical hit! Member

I had a positive record in both too. But that's not the point. Looking forward to having you in Fuchsia Cup!

18. GGFan

GGFan Member

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Oh well, only one out of two is still cool to say.

19. Bomber

Bomber Mod Emeritus

The phoenix rises from the ashes.

grats for your comeback, glad to see you win again.

Disaster Area and GGFan like this.
  20. stunner047

stunner047 Member

Congrats to the beast known as GGFan. A true master of the game

21. GGFan

GGFan Member

Thank you, stunner047. I still remember our intense set from MT25 last year. I'll never forget my Rhydon's late-game heroics in game 4, which forced a fifth game. You were a worthy adversary, that's for sure.

22. Peasounay

Peasounay qui peut me stopper Moderator

23. GGFan

GGFan Member

We're scheduled for today. I'm waiting for him.

Edit: can't wait anymore, sorry.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017 at 5:30 PM
  24. Disaster Area

We weren't scheduled for today.

You missed scheduled time on Monday (bc you timezone converted wrong).

I told you my window was, at best, 5-11pm UK day time during weekdays this and next week. If you want to wait for me, wait in that window, and even then I'm not usually home until a little later than 5 & I have to get changed and stuff once I'm in and I'm trying going to bed earlier than 11 so I can watch my news (which streams at 11pm-1am my time, so easier to get up at 6am and watch the recording of it), so really I think 6-9pm UK time is the best for me.

25. Peasounay

Peasounay qui peut me stopper Moderator

play before this weekend or i'll coinflip

one week is enough to play between 3 or 5 pokemon games

26. Disaster Area

Timezones and stuff tho, and I did warn GGFan earlier on that I'd not have as much time this week because of my internship. And he missed scheduled time on Monday. We decided not to play the remainder of the set on the night because we scheduled a later time (and it was past 3 in the morning and I really had to sleep, I don't remember if GGFan had to go too but he did want to celebrate the fact that he finally won a season). I think I have a case for activity at this point if we don't have the opportunity to play the remainder as he did miss a mutually agreed scheduled time.

27. GGFan

GGFan Member

lol@claiming activity. First of all, I'm up 2-1 and you were the one who couldn't finish the set, not me. The reason I didn't want to play the 4th game was because your internet was horribly slow and made the previous game drag on by extreme amounts. I would have played if you insisted, but you also told me it was 3:30 AM your time and so I figured it would be easy to get the last 1 or 2 games done.

We both messed up scheduling the first time, as seen on the Discord PM:

GGFan - Last Friday at 10:35 AM
    it's 10:35 AM in china
    i can play at 12 PM my time on monday
    or even 11 AM
    12 PM my time should be 5 PM for you
    i can also play later
    Disaster Area - Last Friday at 10:36 AM
    ok
    sounds like
    we can make that work

I accidentally thought that 12 PM was 5 PM UK time, and DA didn’t realize the mistake either, otherwise he would have corrected me. I would NOT have agreed to Monday otherwise as I had to wake up early on Tuesday.
    On Tuesday I tried to stay up, but I let him know in advance that I wasn’t sure I could.

GGFan - Last Tuesday at 6:53 PM
    well, i just got home (it's about 7 PM where i am) and i'm exhausted. i was out all day. i'll still try to stay up, but if i can't, tomorrow will be a lot easier.

However, this is not why I have a stronger case for activity. I should get it if we don’t play because he didn’t give me a specific day, instead saying the following:

Disaster Area - Last Tuesday at 6:00 AM
    just find me online some time between 5pm and 11pm uk time this week or find me any time in the uk day in the weekend

So while he didn’t say, “I will be on X day,” the fact that he didn’t give me a specific day had to make me assume that he would be on throughout the week. If he wasn’t sure which day he wouldn’t be on, then he should have made that clear. He didn’t, moreover, answer any of my PMs on Tuesday, either.

GGFan - Last Tuesday at 8:54 AM
    yeah, i can do my midnight my time (5 PM yours) today. just try to be on time lol
    GGFan - Last Tuesday at 6:53 PM
    well, i just got home (it's about 7 PM where i am) and i'm exhausted. i was out all day. i'll still try to stay up, but if i can't, tomorrow will be a lot easier.
    August 16, 2017
    GGFan - Yesterday at 10:18 AM
    just letting you know that you should also be on the forum today, as sometimes i can't access discord because lol chinese internet

All he had to do was give me a specific day, but he didn’t. Anyways, I can play today at 5 PM his time, but can’t tomorrow. If he can’t play and you can’t wait any longer, then I have to claim activity.

28. Disaster Area

GGFan - Last Friday at 3:32 AM i can't believe it. i won the season! Disaster - Pastebin.com
    that's full specifics

and yeah I suck at timezone conversion I thought we could factor that in by now that if u fuck up the timezone conversion I won't spot it lol, especially at 3:30am.

anyway I said 5pm-11pm as a rough estimate, having been to work for 3 days now I know that window is more like 6pm-10pm, plus I have to eat dinner in that time. I wasn't online on Tuesday, because I spent some time w/ my younger sister then at my Dad's.

Just wish we could have played last week when I had 0 responsibilities rather than this week where I have 4 hours per day where I could be online, which I won't even be on totally for b/c of stuff like dinner + I might not be on for no foreseeable reasons at all, like on Tuesday.

And the general rule when people give u a window is that the edges of that window aren't the best times. At the theoretical very earliest I might be on at 5:30pm it looks like

So looks like 1am-5am your time then? (is that how timezones work)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017 at 6:10 AM
  29. GGFan

GGFan Member

lol, that's not the general rule to me. The general rule is that you give times that work for you, and if you can't make it at a certain time or aren't sure, you shouldn't say it. When I give players times that work for me, I only give times that, well, work. With that said, if you said 6 PM instead of 5 PM I wouldn't have agreed, as that's 1 AM my time. 1 AM is very late for me, and what makes matters worse is that you're not even sure you'll show up at 1 AM, if at all. I don't want to wait until 1:30, 2:00 or even later.

Can we not get an extension until Saturday? Unless plans changed for him, DA said he'll be on all day on Saturday. I can play as early 9 PM my time then, which would be a lot easier for me than having to wait until 1 AM. I believe this extension should be granted without hesitation, as this isn't a case of one player not trying to get the game done. We're both active and have a lot to play for, and have been trying to play each other, as both of us have made evident. Sometimes life gets in the way of having an ideal tournament where every matchup gets finished quickly. It happens.

In fact, to ensure that you won't need to wait past Saturday, I will gladly forfeit to DA if I don't show up. Yes, even if something tragic happens like internet going out, Godzilla rampaging through the streets, or someone letting Tom Hanks out of his cage, I won't make any excuses. DA wins if I'm not there.

So my availability on Saturday is from 9-11 PM (MY TIME. I'M SEVEN HOURS AHEAD OF YOU). 9 PM would be ideal, but I'm willing to wait until 11 if you need extra time.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017 at 11:19 AM
  30. Disaster Area

I'm not sure I can make any time in the 5pm-11pm window, that's the time I might be available, not the time I will be available. But I can't know in advance whether or not I will be available.

Anyway yeah I should be able to make Saturday. 9PM your time is... 2PM my time right. That should definitely be a time I can make. So yeah 2-4PM on Saturday I can do, all we have to wait on is Peas deciding what to do with this.

31. GGFan

GGFan Member

GGFan - Today at 8:53 AM so can we play on saturday? DA said his 5-11 PM timeframe is a time he can't guarantee he'll be available at.
    Peasounay - Today at 8:54 AM ok

Ok, so Saturday at 9 PM my time! Thank you, Peasounay, for the extension!

Remember that, if I don't show up, I will forfeit the remaining one or two games to DA. The only reason I won't be there is if something beyond my control happens, like internet inexplicably going out or getting the shit beaten out of me by an angry mob on the way home. Work also plays a factor, but a very small one as, absolute worst case scenario, I don't get out until 8:30 (not expecting this). Nonetheless, I will let you know in advance if you need to wait past 9.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017 at 8:11 AM
  32. Disaster Area

Likewise, if I don't show I'll forfeit the series.

Hoping to have a good game or two :D

33. Disaster Area

34. GGFan

GGFan Member

Lost the remaining two games. Both were incredibly close.

In the first game, I used Blizzard when Lax went for Counter, but got fp'd. Gengar almost haxed its way back into the game for me. If I got a crit Thunderbolt or an fp, the game would have come down to Explosion mindgames.

In the second game DA threw a wrench in my plans with a very well-played Counter Chansey. In retrospect going for Body Slam might have been too aggressive, but I don't think I'd call it a bad play since I believe most players would have switched or used Reflect upon seeing Earthquake. Not having Reflect Chansey in this game kind of screwed me over here. I should have looked at the team before initiating the challenge; had I done so, I probably would have replaced Counter with Reflect. The biggest mistake was definitely letting Lapras die--in fact, it might be the most bone-headed thing I've done all year. I can't remember the last time I made a mistake that bad.

DA played really well overall, though. He definitely earned this one, as it was an intense 30 minutes of Pokemon.

You got your rematch against Metalgross. Take advantage of it.

ggs

Eden's Embrace and Disaster Area like this.
  35. Disaster Area

36. drud

drud K-9 Sensitivity Moderator

Metalgross to win in 3 games

37. Disaster Area

thx for believing in me :b:

Linkin Karp, drud and The Idiot Ninja like this.
  38. drud

drud K-9 Sensitivity Moderator

oh hmm

Metalgross to win in 4 games