1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Finished PPL 3 - Finals (Won by Frozen Thunderbirds)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Perfect League' started by Eseque, May 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eseque

Eseque Host Emeritus

The deadline is 12:00 AM UTC on June 4th. Replays are mandatory or else the games will not be counted. It is recommended that you play your games on pokemonperfect.psim.us, but not required. RBY OU is played as a best-of-three, while all other tiers are played as best-of-ones.

1. Frozen Thunderbirds (5) v. 4. Gregarious Garbodors (1):
    RBY OU: Peasounay v. Mysterious M
    RBY OU: Diegolh v. Teddeh
    GSC OU: Bedschibaer v. TSR
    ADV OU: Kerts v. Ugly Duckling
    ADV OU: Gene SP v. Dizno
    DPP OU: SOMALIALuispeikou v. LL
    DPP OU: Unamed v. Jarii
    BW OU: Raiza v. Djokra

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    tjdaas and ToadNorton like this.
  2. Sas0

Sas0 Improving Member

Frozen Thunderbirds (0) v. Gregarious Garbodors (0):
    RBY OU: Peasounay v. Mysterious M
    RBY OU: Diegolh v. Teddeh
    GSC OU: Bedschibaer v. TSR
    ADV OU: Kerts v. Ugly Duckling
    ADV OU: GeneSP v. Dizno
    DPP OU: SOMALIA v. LL
    DPP OU: Unamed v. Jarii
    BW OU: Raiza v. Djokra

[​IMG]

MetalGross, Hassin627, Lojh and 3 others like this.
  3. Sceptross

Sceptross Leader

This is it lads! Finals of the tournament! This tour sure had its fair share of drama. But it also had its good moments. As a host, I always like to post some shoutouts. However, since I also played in the tour, I'll take the chance and squeeze in some shoutouts of some teammates too.

First of all, a s/o to my GTT buddies Lutra, Disaster Area, Peasounay, Ortheore. We had to make really hard calls this tournament and obviously some drama arose from it. But everyone did their best and I think most of the decisions were definitely right. I'm surprised none of us 5 quit yet, I swear I was expecting someone to just get completely tired of this and quit. In spite of everything we had to call already and the fact that we mostly have different takes on how to act on things, we never, ever had inner drama and I really appreciate that :)

Eseque s/o for you because in spite of all the hate thrown at you, in spite of having your host position removed, you still remained professional, even offered to help for the remainder of the tour and didn't get mad at us for it. I respect the attitude you had a lot, you're an awesome guy and a good chunk of this community should look at how you dealt with the demotion and learn a think or two from it.

Troller We didn't talk very much before PPL but now I know how awesome of a person you are. Unfortunately a crime happened in the week before midseason which killed most of my motivation (and yours, I'm sure) for the tournament. Obviously I tried to be as professional as I could... but the tour was not the same after that happened. I hope we get to team up again in some team tour in the future :)

Akiko Yosano The DPP God, the GOAT, and a really nice guy. You are one of the nicest guys I met here in PP. I know you got mad for that decision in the last week, but please stay, you are an awesome presence and I enjoyed teaming up with you a lot. I hope we team up again in WCoPP :D

Sas0 Another really nice guy I liked teaming up with. You are a good chat presence, I'm glad I got the chance to team up with you ^^

Good luck for both teams, both of you are very good teams, may the best one win!

4. LL

LL Member

LETS TAKE THIS HOME GARBODORS

Dizno, Linkin Karp, Djokra and 2 others like this.
  5. DMA

DMA Also known as CKW on SmogForums Member

Let's end this lads and have fun garbdors

SOMALIA likes this.
  6. raspberry

raspberry Member

have fun guys

Hachimaki likes this.
  7. Peasounay

Peasounay qui peut me stopper Host Emeritus

DMA, Djokra, Lojh and 7 others like this.
  8. Mister Tim

Mister Tim The most handsome man on PP Season Host

Finally it's time for my shoutouts.

Overall it was fun tournament because i got some new friends, new experience and emotions. Yes we played terrible last 2 weeks but i enjoyed atmosphere of this team and i can say that this is the best Team Ice roster overall and i hope i will get chance to manage or assistant manage or play for this team again and im really looking forward to retein all of you, we created great team which should be in finals, but this pokemons and shit sometimes happens!

Time to give special shoutout to each member of team and some more people who was involved

Troller - good helper and awesome rby player, we all know that. I have bought you to get champion spirit to our team coz in teamtours you are synonym for the champion, i hope you enjoyed time with all of us despite of my bad managing.

MetalGross - it's always great to have you on board, you have big challenge in near future and i hope you will win your group in WCoP, USSR hax is always with you!

melle2402 - братан, я надеюсь, что ты себя не коришь за поражение в конце, я верю, что твое время засиять еще придет и чемпионат мира отличный шанс доказать, что ты входишь в группу лучших, удачи тебе!

eden's embrace - this is first time when we played together, thx for joining us as helper and as player later, your talent and friendly attitude is making you good friend and threatfull player, i hope that we meet each other again!

Eko - what a awful days for us man, we lost ppl and roapl in one day in good fights. You are a bit raw but talented guy, you have to learn a lot but you are getting picked in roapl and ppl, this is good start for new legend!

Real FV13 - my bro fv finally tried to carry Troller! 2-x player will strike again, best all gen player after BKC!

Sas0 - young spanish player and the only player who was picked by me after tryouts, you deserves respest, you havent got good results this time but you getting better after each loss, you will grow into good player and im looking forward to work with you again!

Akiko Yosano - steal of this tour, idk how i got you for so low price, you will be #1 pick if retentions will happen. You and Skeptic made great work for this results and i hope time with us made u better and stronger, i believe we will meet each other again and again!

Mindnight - holy shit baguette man, another great friend and player who deserves more. I hope you will finally improve your teambuilding and you will become awesome player. You and Aki made pair one of the best hgss players this tour and im glad that i had you both boys!

R0SS - my egl buddy was invited by me to get new challenge but in all battles with some shit happened, you are still great man and player, you just got unlucky this tour, we will strike back again next year(i hope in both tours)

lighthouses stunner047 - i was great to have you in team, you are proffesionals and you showed it in your battles as Team Ice players, i respect both of you and rn i realised that this was my mistake that i havent planned to draft you on auction, gl in future!

Sceptross - mb I dont deserve to write this to you, but im still feeliing bad for trading you, after all weeks time showed that I was wrong, im sorry for this trade. But you become for me good friend and great member of Team Ice, i think we should talk about WCoPP later, i have some plans how to get you on board and stop ignoring my chall in GGG.

After all idk will i be manager or smth next time, this tournament showed us a lot of problems and i hope that together we will make PP great and PPL the best tournament on this site, gl to players in final, Team Ice is waiting you in Grand Final!

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    Mindnight, Sceptross, Djokra and 6 others like this.
  9. Sas0

Sas0 Improving Member

My english is bad t.t but i will try..

<3 I love all of you guys, thanks to give me the opportunity to be in the rooster and play some games.
    First of all i want to say sorry for all of you I played really bad my match-ups, i didnt bring wins for you I need much more experiencie in ADV and in pokemon in general... but anyways was a fun tour, especially I enjoyed the experiencie.

I wont writte a special shoutout to each member of team (im a fucking lazy boy) becouse everybody of team give me, experiencie testing or watching him playing or seeing how you were building, etc. and of course i consider all of you my friends and hope you have the better of the lucks in pokemon and life.

;);)

10. Dizno

Dizno Member

These predictions are straight ass, lets go Garbs

Lojh and Linkin Karp like this.
  11. Jarii

Jarii Member

Djokra, Lojh, Ugly Duckling and 5 others like this.
  12. Lojh

Lojh I worship BORAT Member

Love being drafted, and TSR has made me an infinitely better gsc player. I tried to be the best chat presence possible, and i will continue to improve.

SWIM IN GARBAGE, O YOU GARBAGE

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  13. Bedschibaer

Bedschibaer Member

14. Gene SP

Gene SP Member

DMA, eden's embrace, SOMALIA and 2 others like this.
  15. eden's embrace

eden's embrace YOU ARE MY DESTINY Host Emeritus

Gl to both teams; and thank you to my managers tim and troller for buying me and letting me play, Fun run

DMA, Hassin627, Jarii and 1 other person like this.
  16. Raiza

Raiza Member

17. LL

LL Member

Calling activity on Somalia, he scheduled our game for 10 PM gmt +1, which was 23 minutes ago and he hasn't shown up yet. I won't be able to start the game after 10:30 gmt +1 and can't play anytime in the coming days, so I really have no choice but to call activity here. Sorry mate, not really anything else I could do :/

18. DMA

19. Luispeikou

Luispeikou Member

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    SOMALIA, Gene SP and DMA like this.
  20. DMA

ggs Garbodors and grats for making it this far.

Nice one lads. Was an amazing ride! Not gonna do specific shoutouts but you guys are the best

21. SOMALIA

SOMALIA Member

Glad to have been part of this team, we honestly did our thing right until the end boys. Thanks for the draft Huston and CKW.

Shoutout to myself for not quitting midway :eek:

Shoutout to my teammates, very supportive, humble and above all great players!

Disaster Area, Djokra, DMA and 5 others like this.
  22. Linkin Karp

Linkin Karp 从来没有幸运,但有时橡胶鸭子。 Season Host

alr time for shoutouts and some more stuff

was a super nice run guys. yall did your best. gz to huston and his thunderbirds, definitely deserved w.

GGFan - most competent manager ive ever had the pleasure to play with, also an awesome rby teacher. watching you break character in chat from time to time was hilarious. hope we can play together again someday.
    LL - awesome assman and super cool chat presence. was great having you on my team. 10/10 would always pick
    Teddeh - i really liked how you were always eager to improve, it was super clear that your skill increased a lot over the course of the tour even tho youve alr been playing for a while.
    Mysterious M CZ. Ugly Duckling - you guys did a good job in your respective tiers, staying focused even through bullshit. nice run yall.
    TSR - you really stood up to your scheduling mistake, doing your best to minimize the damage even tho we all gave you shit for it, and even managing not to tilt against melle in the tiebreaker. you got my sincere respect for that.
    Dinzo Lojh Jarii Djokra - nice guys to have in chat, even endured some of my rants and rage fits, sorry for that lol
    Eseque - our secret 12th member hohoho. you made some controversial decisions in our favor, those werent easy to make and from a neutral pov i wouldnt have fought for our team in the w7 tiebreak drama, but you gotta do what it takes. also you stood up to everything even tho some teammates really threw the shit at you, i apologize for that.
    melle2402 - you actually rescheduled against the wish of your captain and konzern, choosing the honourable option over the dirty one, and even contained your (completely justified) rage over the hax. wish more players acted like that in such a situation. really made me respect you a lot.
    eden's embrace - was very nice to have you in chat for the last week lol.
    Hofuku ThrashNinjax Mister Tim - ty for giving this tour some entertainment by getting absolutely fucked
    ErPeris christos21 and all my other rby bois, but especially these two - you made this tour fun for me, as the squad that helped me prep but especially as my opponents. that 96 minute series against christos was prob the peak of my rby skill so far. especially you guys should read the stuff below, theres more for you.

as most of you alr know im quitting the game because its become a distraction at this point. with a real life like mine you cant really afford to play any video games and ive been wasting literal hours on discord every day. it actually says a lot that when i left the chats, several people reached out to me saying "itll be ok, everything will be fine again". im not quitting because of depression, im quitting to actually improve my life, and i wont be back again after 2 days.
    ive halfassed all my matches for the last few months, unable to put in those massive amounts of time i actually wish i had for rby. i only tried my best once a week for ppl, with greatly varying results (still really sorry that i didnt ask to get subbed out in semis, i shoulda known 100% that i was absolutely out of shape), but aside from that i never put any effort into the game, even tho there are still so many theories in my head that i need to develop. maybe someday ill start again and then i can prove all the people wrong that said i had no talent, because ive never even seen a glimpse of the ceiling, the only ceiling was always my real life and my lack of motivation. but more likely than not this aint gonna happen, because i could just put all this time into learning neurobiology instead, or living out my creativity, or just focusing on self improvement instead of a mongolian dogfighting simulator(tm). and even if i decide to put time into a strategy game again, thered need to be a lot of nostalgia for me to choose rby, which has a playerbase of about 50, over something more universally played and actually socially acceptable like chess. we already had this talk in our channel lol. one could say this is literally "rby mai piu".

now shoutouts to the really important people. every single one of you.

Sceptross - the embodiment of what "rising stars" has always meant. when i first played you back on team seven seas, you were an absolute noob, but you never gave up, always tried your best and suddenly you were like 3 ranks above me in our vr and idek how that happened in such a short time. even tho i improved a lot this year, i never quite got to your level.
    also youre one of the best hosts ive ever seen and i really admire you for your calm personality, youre literally always nice to everyone, even tho yall probably know me as a toxic and bitter piece of shit i honestly wish i was like that, and im working on myself but change like that doesnt happen in 1 day. tbh youd make the best admin for pp, after maybe peasounay but he doesnt have the time or motivation for such a commitment. having you as a member is a great thing for every community. i hope pp will continue to benefit from you, and i hope your irl works out as well as everything on here does.

ErPeris - my bro, youre prob the coolest guy we have in our chat. i was initially hesitant to invite you because you got tutored already, but without your great attitude and constant positive activity the server would never have been the same. you gave it new life when it was almost dying, and you showed us what rising means when you made that absolutely inhuman improvement in just 3 weeks. all in all, not just limited to rby, im really happy to have had you as a teammate.

Huston - struggling a lot with irl shit but the #1 thing weighing you down is your own fear of losing. you got this, you can do all of this and even more if you just try. dont let your carelessness and anxiety get the best of you, ive seen how you can play when you focus, and if you find a middle ground between "lol watch me go 12-0" and "im a bottom 5 rby player" theres nothing standing in your way. also remember that even tho i left all the servers, im not entirely dead on discord, my inbox is always open if theres something.

Kaz - you were the first guy i thought of when making the server, and inviting you really paid off. you showed shortly after joining that youre top 10 material, and we all learned a lot from you, the teambuilder king. we had some unforgettable building and playing sessions. you really keep putting your heart into rby and always make sure we could all improve alongside you. thanks for being there.

roudolf13 - the god himself. theres honestly not a single player where i wouldnt lean towards you in predictions. you keep sharing all your rby knowledge and kept playing with us even through your spl breakout, and i kinda feel bad we never pay you anything back because youre basically a tutor to all of us.

Ranshiin - seeing you succeed in late 2017 was what inspired me to make a server for talented new players, and it was great always seeing you grow, and having kind of a rival on a very similar level. sadly i havent seen much of you in the last 5 months, but im still sure that if you try, you will definitely succeed.

christos21 - youre the next generation. i mean it. youve almost perfected that asd playstyle and i needed 96 min and some not so minor hax to beat you, still pretty sure the games were yours with neutral luck. im convinced that if people like you and peppe keep going, you will absolutely smash whoever people thought were the a+ and a ranks. no one notices how fucking good you are, theres a lot of people flying very far under the radar this year and youre the most clear example to me.

Mysterious M - youre that guy every group chat wishes they had, bringing every conversation back to a sane point when someone is writing bullshit. always awesome to have you in there, to see your opinion on ideas and bring in some innovations on your own.

peach_nair - man you really need to be more active. you have a fuckton of potential, its time for you to realize that rby is the superior video game.

Troller - when sceptross brought up the idea of inviting you to a server called "rising stars" i thought he was batshit insane, but it was actually one of the best ideas he had. youre kinda what i always wanted in the chat, a second point of view from an established player to oppose our already somewhat unified way of thinking. if id ever signed up to the smogon tutoring program, i would have done it for all the same reasons. literally every top player has a philosophy drastically different from everyone elses, and as is clearly evident from the results, all of those philosophies do work out very well and people can profit a lot from exchanging those. im very confident that you will keep being an invaluable presence in the server.

i love you all. nothing will stop you guys, with or without me.

TSR, Disaster Area, Djokra and 15 others like this.
  23. GGFan

GGFan Member

Going to make my shout-out post later. Kindly requesting that this thread stay open for a while.

In the meantime, congratulations to the Frozen Thunderbirds for winning it all in dominant fashion. You were the super team of this tour for sure. I think UD/Kerts in this setting could have been a classic, but it can't be helped.

Disaster Area and DMA like this.
  24. ErPeris

ErPeris Do or do not. There is no try. Season Host

Hi Karp, I believe that no one has ever publicly expressed such positive words for me. I really want to thank you and I wish you the best possible. For me you are not just a player, but a friend ... and making friends is the best thing that can happen in a game. I hope I can meet you live one day, you're really a good guy. Thanks again for the nice words, i really love our server and Pokémon Perfect, because it introduced me to many beautiful people, like you. :)

Disaster Area, Djokra, DMA and 4 others like this.
  25. Ilesaural

Ilesaural Manque pierda. Season Host

Congrats to the Frozen Thunderbirds, especially for my friends Luispako and Gene!

DMA, Gene SP and Luispeikou like this.
  26. Bedschibaer

Bedschibaer Member

Heh.... easy.........

DMA, SOMALIA and Sas0 like this.
  27. marcoasd

marcoasd Host Emeritus

I've been kinda speechless after being defeated in spite of getting almost all of the players I planned to draft on the team, but yeah grats - all in all it was deserved.

DMA likes this.
  28. GGFan

GGFan Member

And so the journey has finally come to an end. It was a putrid one at times, but despite not being a loaded powerhouse we were able to survive the peak of Spring and made it into the torrid arena in June for the final showdown. It's disappointing to have lost in the finals after overcoming so much controversy, but even I can admit that the Thunderbirds were the super team this year. However, while we were defeated before all of the contests were decided, the games were close and it reassures me to know that all of my players did their best. No, this tour may not have had a comparable size and scope to Smogon's version of it, but I'm certain that every single member of the Gregarious Garbodors was hungry for the green trophy. I personally cared more about winning PPL than I did SPL, as managing was something I have been interested in for a long time, and because I wanted this year's iteration to underscore just how far PP has come exactly. Others may see things differently, but from my perspective PP exhibited a great deal of promise and maturity that was reflected by how badly the players wanted this and the courageous administrative decisions that will hopefully set the tone for future competitions.

Before the tour started some players expressed their interest in my team specifically due to my reputation. This influenced my draft plan quite a bit, as I ended up drafting some of them. Teddeh and Linkin Karp, my starting RBY players, both approached me prior to the tour. I was interested in Teddeh because I was cognizant of his success in previous bo3 tournaments, most notably the RBY GC. Linkin Karp did not have much success, but I watched his recent replays carefully and realized he was eager for a chance to prove himself. Unfortunately, Teddeh was unable to play most of his games due to conflicting issues outside this realm, but luckily my multi-gen player, Mysterious M, saved the day with some brilliant victories. I bought Mysterious M because I needed someone I could pencil into various tiers, but he mostly played RBY due to Teddeh's extended absence. This ended up working fine, as the rest of my players played their tier almost every week.

TSR as my GSC player was a no-brainer, as I'm a genuine fan of his work and we were teammates in WCOPP. What I needed, however, was a reliable sub, and there was no better choice than the precocious Lojh, whose excitement and enthusiasm for all things GSC ensured our team's GSC channel was always active. I would have liked to have given him more playing time than I did, but a win is a win--even an activity win--which is what he got in week 6 to keep our team alive. The pressure was on him this year, but TSR ultimately proved himself yet again by winning a couple of games that had major implications behind them, and Lojh was the best sub I ever could have asked for.

Likewise, there was no other man I wanted playing ADV than UD, another one of my teammates from WCOPP. It was another consistent tour for the ugly one, which we all expected and greatly appreciated; however, I initially did not have a specialist fighting alongside him. My plan was to shift between Mysterious M, CZ if needed, and maybe LL, but luckily the Typhloons drafted too many ADV players and were willing to trade one of them. Among them were ThrashNinjax and Dizno, and I admit that I actually considered picking up Ninjax, but we ended up reaching a unanimous decision that he would have vitiated the formula that made our team team chemistry so potent. Thus, I settled for Dizno, whose results in recent ADV MTs were very impressive. Dizno did not disappoint, either: when he lost, it was usually because of unfortunate circumstances. Thus, I went from having a problematic ADV core to a very solid one, if not one of the best. Nonetheless, I openly acknowledge that I committed an egregious error by not drafting a better ADV lineup from the start, and hope not to make the same mistake in the future.

I did not draft CZ to play ADV, but rather DPP, as I knew he played it. However, I also drafted Rokhan and Djokra, both who were BW specialists. LL was my other DPP player, so I thought I would have to shift between CZ, Mysterious M, and Rokhan (who also plays DPP). After week 1, Rokhan informed me that he only wanted to play BW, and the Typhloons were interested in him, so I was able to trade him for Dizno and move CZ to DPP permanently. CZ picked up what might be one the most infamous wins of his career in week 3, when he received the activity win against cb aaron judge in what was a controversial conundrum that tested my passion and determination. CZ ultimately became burned out with the game, so my sub, Jarii, came to the rescue with a couple of enormous wins that saved our team from elimination. Chople berry, never forget. I'll also never forget Krack, who I drafted only because I felt I was the only person who keep him under control, as Konzern respected me (or at least made it seem that way). Konzern was very open to me and admitted a lot of things that I don't believe he would normally tell others. Unfortunately, it became clear early on that I couldn't trust him, which the GTT agreed with, so I was able to replace Krack with a player who was not drafted, and I decided to choose Jarii because he offered support in ADV and DPP.

I drafted LL because he was another player who approached me before the tour, but I also knew very well that he was obsessed with this game--not an insult. I wanted someone who had the passion and drive to succeed, but LL ended up being more than that. He taught me a lot about Discord's various nuances and modules, and showed that it's far more intuitive than I initially thought. He helped me make the channel appear more professional and made it fun. Nothing helps team morale more than a platform that both looks and feels legitimate.

Djokra was yet another young, ambitious fighter that expressed desire to play on my team, and so I took him in. He may not have had the results he wanted, but having a reliable and dependable player is always a plus. He also helped out Jarii in his prep, which resulted in the Chople berry that could.

In the end, I am very happy with how my draft went. Our team was an effective blend of established players and prospective talent, and our team chemistry was among the best. Everybody was supportive and always wanted to help. It was a wonderful environment to have been a part of.

I'm proud of my performance as manager, and believe that it will go down as one of the greatest efforts of all time. I don't even say this out or arrogance or vanity, but simply because of the controversy our team had to endure at times and what it took on my end to win those battles. Sometimes the sword is dull, but the tongue's blade always cuts from a sharp mind. Sound rhetoric is paramount.

Now I shall address every member of my team individually. I believe the layman refers to this as "shoutouts."

Teddeh: You picked up a huge win against Ebola back in week 2 that ended up deciding the fate of our season. If you lost that game, we would have been eliminated from playoff contention. You had to juggle a great deal of stress in the "real life" realm, but you were at least able to secure a season-saving victory before making your departure. Besides that, it was great to have you in our team chat--your presence alone is always an asset.

Linkin Karp: A lot of players would have folded from the pressure you faced in certain weeks, but you were determined to finally make an impact and you did. If this is your last tournament, you'll go down on a high note. Schade, dass du leider entschlossen hast, die Pokemon-Szene zu verlassen. Ich hoffe dennoch, wir treffen uns in den Weg mal wieder. In diesem Turnier hast du viel erreicht. Man darf nicht deine ausgezeichnete Leistung übersehen. Ich gratuliere dir.

Mysterious M: My versatile multi-gen player. You came through big time in RBY, which may have been exactly you wanted, but you were happy to play any tier I needed you to play. We've come a long way from the WCOPP and MT39, in which we were bitter enemies. Now, as your ally, I can safely say that you'll easily find yourself in any team tour due to how much support you provide.

TSR: It was another commendable performance for you. You rose to the occasion in spite of your ambivalence, and showed tremendous commitment by playing melle at 3 AM. I hope to see you in the next team tour (as your manager, preferably).

Lojh: For a mere 4.5k I received one of the best chat presences a GSC channel could ask for. Thank you for being a good sport about your limited playing time as well; however, I'm certain your time will come sooner rather than later.

UD: What more can be said about you at this point? One of the very best in your field. As long as I manage, you'll be my top priority.

Dizno: A promising, up-and-coming ADV player. I'm sure you'll go on to pull off some amazing feats if you continue to push yourself like you did for our team. You were great here--don't let your losses get to you.

LL: Thanks for everything you did for the Discord channel, as well as helping out Jarii, CZ, and Djokra prepare for their games. You have a lot of knowledge in DPP and BW, and I still believe that buying you for just 4k ended up being the biggest steal of the entire tour.

Jarii: You were hesitant about playing DPP, but played it anyway for the sake of solidarity and team spirit. You came through big time, including in the finals, as your win gave us hope early on. Also, I think your teambuilding skills improved vastly in a short period of time. Chople berry, never forget.

CZ:
    GGFan - 04/14/2018
    you did the whole site a favor by losing.
    CZ - 04/14/2018
    "you did the whole site a favor by losing." - Quote of the year this XD
    GGFan - 04/14/2018
    hahaha
    yeah. you should sig that
    CZ - 04/14/2018
    If he gets banned
    I will

Djokra: As a manager, the most important thing to me is that my players always give it 100% and always want to be there. No, you did not exactly have a stellar record, but your passion for the game is up there with the best. As far as dependability is concerned, you were well worth the money.

Rokhan: Way, way back in week 1, you won us a game that helped turn the tide against the Typhloons. Thanks for playing DPP even though you wanted to play BW.

The GTT: Thank you for being reasonable and taking the dilemmas that occurred in the tour seriously. Also, banning Ninjax and Konzern displayed a level of leadership and maturity that honestly restored my faith in PP.

To everyone: for wanting to play, wanting to win, and wanting a competitor to Smogon to exist.

If you have a problem with me thanking everyone, I have but one thing to say to all of you:

SWIM IN GARBAGE,
    SWIM IN GARBABE,
    SWIM IN GARBAGE,
    OOOOOOOOOOOO,
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,
    YOOOOUUUU,
    YOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUU,
    YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUU,
    GAAAAAAARRRRRRBBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  29. CZ.

CZ. Member

Done.

Not one for lots of shout-outs, but this team was honestly one of the best teams I've ever been a part of. Everyone was so engaging and a pleasure to play with. If it wasn't for my lack of interest in this game, I would have loved to be with any one of you again. Special shout-out to Dizno, sound lad. Hope to meet up if you do end up popping this way.

Sorry for underperforming after the first few weeks. I was drained, tilted and at the end of my line with mons, which showed in my lackluster performances as a whole, for that I'm sorry.

It's been great to hang about on PP and chat with many of you. Hope you all continue to prove how good you can be at this game. But it's goodbye from me (mons related anyway), till we meet again guys! <3

30. Dizno

Dizno Member

Not gonna follow through with some sentimental bullshit piece to end the tour in the cringe-mobile, but I feel that the past few weeks warrant a few words.

Firstly grats to Thunderbirds, your team evidently possessed the most velocity from the offset with an incredibly strong panel and I hope you dudes enjoyed your victory. My finals game may have been pivotal in your attainment, in which I lost due to unfortunate circumstances that both Gene and I probably didn't want to dictate our games fate. However I am under the full and thorough impression that the best team took this tournament under subjugation in every regard.

By far and out, the best thing for me about this tour was the people I met along the way. Genuinely I had no idea how many new people I would get to know throughout the course of this thing. It never occurred to me how good team tours are for meeting new people on these sites. I will now proceed with the cringe inducing, unwanted shoutouts to the bros. Just a word of warning, I don't plan to shout out everybody, as I got to know some better than others, meaning I can't articulate my thoughts well on every team member as much as I'd wanted to.

Djokra: Dude, i know you weren't satisfied with your contribution to the team because you couldn't pull off the results you know you are capable of. In fact, you said that influencing GGFan to buy Jarii was the highlight of your presence on the team, and you couldn't be more wrong. You had a really supportive influence on me the entire way throughout the tour that i feel nobody else could match. You are incredibly active, funny and smart. Also I see you winning them Smogon BW matches in all sorts of tours over there. Bright horizons for you lad.

UD: I learned a shit ton from you along the way. From ADV 50 to present. You gave me some keen advice in matches where I felt it helped tremendously. I said I'd use your special offense in like week 2 or 3, and it ended up taking near the entirety of the tournament, but it came in clutch when I did xd. I really hope we meet again in a future scenario man :)

CZ: Of all, I think I got on with you the best. Jesus we talked about a lot of shit. From favourite liquor, to Brexit. Yeah man we really chatted some hella shit over the course of this shtick. Somewhere along the lines we managed to bring in teabags, goth chicks and tv shows in metagame conversations. I really hope your passion for this game gets
    re-ignited at some point down the line because you have an immensely talented precedent level in all tiers that you engage in. I would like to meet you again at some point, mons aside, might even hit you up when I go to England this summer haha.

GGFan: Where do I fucking start with you. You remind me of an old Irish Politician, Eamonn De Valera. The British prime minister once said negotiating with him was like "picking up mercury with a fork". I don't think you came out on the losing side of a single concerning incident that approached our team. From the Skeptics debacle, to an activity call that I can now say we probably shouldn't have won, you were a managing menace. Surely, if there are any delegated awards to this shit regarding managing, you will win them. It's not even funny, I honestly think you could walk into a whorehouse and get a prostitute to pay you for sex. Im an atheist, but God forbid I ever encounter you in a future position from the opposing side

Jarri: Ah, Jarii. Il make sure to never forget your nationality again.

Special shoutouts to Eseque, who despite our midseason situation, proved to be competent and stuck to his shit. I don't know how somebody of your age can be so mature.

ggfan meltdown.PNG ggfan meltdown v2.PNG

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    The Idiot Ninja, LL, Djokra and 5 others like this.
  31. Hassin627

Hassin627 super trapper Member

congrats to you guys! Well deserved

32. raspberry

raspberry Member

GGFan you're the best thing that happened to pokemon, I'm not joking

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.