1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. Also, let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Finished PPL 3 - Commencement Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Perfect League' started by Eseque, Mar 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eseque

Eseque Host Emeritus

Please keep all off-topic posting to this thread.

2. Mister Tim

Mister Tim The most handsome man on PP Season Host

3. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Fur and Power Leader

Discord - Flareon Force Discord Chat

It's the best because I have a channel dedicated to pictures of Flareons and then another dedicated to pictures of other eeveelutions. Also I'm the best manager

[​IMG]

Ilesaural likes this.
  4. The Idiot Ninja

The Idiot Ninja "Sheer determination and desire to become better." Member

won't make a public discord for tryouts because i know everything about everyone already if you're good i know about it already do not worry

(will provide access to the private discord to a TD if requested)

The Notorious B.I.G. likes this.
  5. Sceptross

Sceptross Moderator

FREE MOCKDRAFTS

Djokra, neomon, Eseque and 1 other person like this.
  6. Disaster Area

who said anything about tryouts

u can be in mine just to spam :wavearc: :mewlul: and :jolt: and appreciate eeveelution artwork

Linkin Karp likes this.
  7. GGFan

GGFan Member

SPL:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PPL:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  8. Troller

Troller From Marcoasd's DNA Member

9. Linkin Karp

Linkin Karp yer da sells avon Season Host

10. Disaster Area

I've already got Huston quits

[​IMG]

2 more to go!

peach_nair and ThrashNinjax like this.
  11. Linkin Karp

Linkin Karp yer da sells avon Season Host

Nah that's old news he's back already. He would need to quit again for it to count.

12. Disaster Area

That was yesterday though :(

13. Disaster Area

Idt major RBYer goes for 3k is gonna happen but a better use for the slot might be "auction bot crashes mid auction"... which happened last year

14. Troller

You pretty much ruined the bingo's chance with the bg thing

15. Disaster Area

Huston is now my assistant manager :D

gonna be fun doing this as a pair :3

Eseque and Linkin Karp like this.
  16. GGFan

GGFan Member

Hilarious.

Finchinator, Linkin Karp and Djokra like this.
  17. Hofuku

Hofuku Member

man why are u on my dick all the time. from making ur ct about me or putting a bingo square for me that is completely irrelevant to pokemon perfect. its like ever since i whipped u in your own tier u can't stop sucking my balls. jesus man

ThrashNinjax likes this.
  18. TSR

TSR Member

this thread has become very konzerning lately

19. eden's embrace

eden's embrace YOU ARE MY DESTINY Host Emeritus

deluks not getting manager was strange, considering that half of that list of managers have done nothing for pp outside of playing tours, ridiculous that was used as an argument against him;

somehow managed to choose the worst time for the tour on top of that, by actively doing it during a time when 2 other tours with overlapping playerbases are running, by pretending that other sites schedules are irrelevant;

not really my business since i'm neither playing nor managing, but i don't even know 10 players per team + sub is expected, 80 players are needed at a minimum right? and you have like 88 signups, add activity issues, and there are already issues even before the tour starts.

The thing that most strikes me is someone who literally has no positive contribution to the site, and is known for alting, asking random questions, and just all around doing nothing noteworthy is deciding whether or not someone has done “enough” to manage here.

“We won’t change the format” stop being conceited, it’s already a joke that bw 1u is being pushed in when there are hardly 8 players who would actually want to play the tier in tour, and you don’t want to cut slots or anything; good luck with your tour, keep on making groups chats to go contrary to common sense, not like that’s anything new right?

Learn to adapt and stop being isolationist, and thinking this site is somehow superior(lol) to the other alternatives available; the funniest thing is that this site advocates being open, direct and diplomatic but has multiple decisions made “for the greater good” made by a few people with little to no input from anyone outside that group. How is that any different from how any other site is run?

To whoever said that the format can’t be changed why not? You’re not running some multinational company, you clown learn to actually understand what your playerbase wants instead of just randomly deciding that things are set in stone, to gratify some deep seated need for order.

The reason this is such a shambles is that no one is willing to put their foot down, and accept that there is clearly something wrong; because it’s way easier to start with the base assumption that everyone else is wrong, and that the site and everything it does is holier than thou, than to pragmatically accept criticism and adapt to what is happening.

Sceptross you want a solution, the best one is literally just doing this at a more convenient time and adjusting the format with respect to signups

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    DMA, LL, H.M.N.I.P and 19 others like this.
  20. marcoasd

marcoasd Host Emeritus

Best rant ever on PP.

Genesis7, deluks917 and christos21 like this.
  21. Sceptross

Sceptross Moderator

eden's embrace I asked that because I'm out of the loop - I've been away for the entire week (refer to my wall for details). I just wanted people to tell me what's going on.

I won't comment on your post. Some things you mentioned (most... Or maybe all), I've been saying for some time already to the people in charge of the tour (because I'm not involved with PPL's organization at all) but this is not the place to discuss about that. The last thing we need is people with power in this site creating drama and insulting each other.

I come back home later in the day. Expect things to happen once I do.

Eseque, christos21 and Linkin Karp like this.
  22. Ortheore

Ortheore Leader

Just so you know, changes to the format are actually currently being discussed. Although I'm personally inclined to err more on the side of including tiers, I consider it likely that at least one cut will be made, with a possibility of more.

Regarding BW 1U first, should we not promote our own tiers? Second, there are plenty of reasons why it should work (there are plenty of ubers players) and we've already had some players sign up who are primarily for BW 1U and/or otherwise high level players in that tier. Support for BW Ubers on the ubers subforum on smogon, as well as the fact that it was obviously once regularly played give reason to believe that the playerbase is there for it. As for getting them to sign up, well I suppose if you want to criticise me for failing to adequately promote it (since I'm the one currently looking after it) then that would be fair, as that falls well outside my areas of strength. Regardless, I do believe BW 1U has legs and I really think it deserves to be in PPL.

Lastly, regarding feedback for the tour, I can understand your comments and I'm not trying to dispute the fact that they're valid- iirc the tiers were decided in the manner you describe, so maybe we can do better to be more open about these things, but there are two things I would like to point out- first is that there are necessarily compromises to be made in order to get things to run efficiently. Some level of decision making is necessary as community debate on everything would lead to nothing getting done. Having said that, all the staff are generally happy to hear feedback. Second, I'd argue that this is exactly what we gave people a chance to do, as DA was publicly planning PPL as early as last year, and we've since had other threads inviting certain aspects of the tour for review. So yeah, I really think we did give people the chance to review things, but perhaps we erred in the execution of this and failed to bring up certain issues in public discussion (scheduling and tiers spring to mind), which necessarily meant someone had to make a decision

Disaster Area and Eseque like this.
  23. melle2402

melle2402 Host Emeritus

In the ppl discord we talked the past 2 days about canceling 2 slots. After hours of discussions Eseque told us he will talk to the other host (Ortheore, who never replied to anything yet in the discord lol) will discuss about canceling the slots.
    In my opinion a gsc slot and either a dpp slot or bw ubers have to be cancelled. We have like 7-8 signups for gsc - and i already counted players who signed up for multiple tiers.
    As Sunny said, this is the worst time to choose PPL. Many players are burned out after SPL and don’t wanna play. Also we have the POWC on Pokemon Online running. On Smogon all side premier leagues are starting, including the roapl which is basically the same. Classic is right around the corner too. I know there are more and more team tours and its hard to find a good date. But right now is just the worst time possible.
    Another thing is the size of the tournament. I asked Eseque how many sign ups he expected and he told me 120ish. I dont get how you can make a team tournament where you need AT LEAST 96 sign ups when you expect 120 people to join. I guess ppl‘s slogan is ‚quantity > quality‘. End of the story: both is low.
    Next point is bw ubers: PP tested BW Ubers the last weeks and the activity was so awful that Ortheore had to cancel the season. Like no one wanted to play this tier and its still in PPL. Which shows that the hosts or whoever chose to put this tier in dont give a fuck what the community wants. I saw 3 good players for the tier (steelskitty, Mysterious M, Byron), the other slots have to be filled with players who dont main this tier. And still Eseque told us ‚no matter what, bw ubers is staying‘. This is in my opinion the biggest problem here. People here don’t accept mistakes and want everything to go in their way. Learn to fucking accept youre not perfect and listen to what the community wants. I really like this website but some people with autority kinds destroy it

Sorry for my bad english btw :x

24. Ortheore

Ortheore Leader

melle2402 the decision to include BW2 1U was made prior to my decision to cancel the season. Furthermore I strongly believe that there were various issues with the way that I ran the season and I firmly believe that BW2 1U has a strong future.

As for the subject of BW2 1U in PPL, it's not off the table in terms of cutting things, as much as I'm loathe to remove it. Contrary to what you suggest, I'm not blind to what people want, so it may still possibly get cut

Eseque and drud like this.
  25. deluks917

deluks917 Season Host

The basic fact is that we have to cut a GSC slot and cut to at most 9 slots. We don't have enough sign ups in general and we are not going to hit 16 people who even want to play GSC. I am ok playing 9 slots per team even though the tradition is even numbers of players per team. Its not clear to me ties are something we need to insist on.

If we want to play 8 slots we either need to cut BW1U (Esque is opposed) or DPP (has a ton of sign ups). Given DPP has alot of activity we should cut BW1U or play 9 people.

Some Practical points:
    -- Managers and assistant managers can't play this year. Thats up to 16 players many of them quite good (Marco, Marcop, Ninjax, etc) who are removed from the pool. If we added 16

-- I don't understand why 3/5 people on the GTT had to sit out of decisions. I understand that people playing have a conflict of interest (see what happened in SPL recently). But the whole GTT should have been involved in making pre-tour decisions. Until the playing members of the GTT gets drafted they don't have anymore conflcit of interest than the rest of the GTT. (GTT members shouldn't manage though).

-- If this tour looks like it will go badly we can still postpone it 2-3 months. We shouldn't make that call lightly but no reason we need to keep going down a path we aren't happy with.

Hassin627, ThrashNinjax and HSOWA like this.
  26. Eseque

Eseque Host Emeritus

Every manager chosen has either has managing experience or has contributed to Pokémon Perfect, neither of which deluks has (done). Just because you like someone's character doesn't mean they should manage, and vice versa just because you dislike someone's character doesn't mean they shouldn't host. Also, there is a difference between being open and mob rule. We are not ignoring anyone's suggestions, just not immediately implementing everything that we hear because that would be absurd. Just because you and the people giving complaints think re-tiering is useless and shouldn't happen doesn't mean everyone does. There are people on this site who want re-tiering and think it is important to include these tiers in tournaments, and this was stated long ago back when re-tiering started (that re-tiered tiers would get representation in team tournaments). Also, about the timing, there are practically always conflicts with other tours, and trying to maneuver around all of them is essentially impossible. I admit, the time could have been better, but acting as if the worst possible time was chosen is disingenuous. Also, I wasn't the only one picking managers, just 1 of 3, and personally attacking me is not helping your point. We are considering suggestions that have been made, including postponing the tournament.

drud likes this.
  27. christos21

christos21 Be the change Member

I can only see two ways to get PPL out of this awkward situation: You could either remove entire tiers from the tournament or reduce the slots to just 1 per tier with the exception of RBY, meaning that each team would have these spots: RBY x2, GSC x1, ADV x1, DPP x1, BW OU x1, BW 1U + subs. You could also add ORAS OU or even reduce the RBY spots in order to have an even number of spots per team (8 and 6 spots respectively). This seems the best solution to me, as not only it solves the current problem without removing any tiers but it also increases the competition for a spot. I don't think postponing the tournament is a viable alternative and I believe it could even make things worse.

Eseque likes this.
  28. EB0LA

EB0LA TOUR BANNED Member

I think that due to the number of sign-up's being low. GSC should only be 1x & BW 1U should get cut. But I think this vote should involve the managers as well. Furthermore, as this is PPL, I hope PP tiers can be added to this tour, when more popularity for them rises.
    But for now due to low numbers, it should be dropped, and re-examined in PPL4.

Making the tiers: 2-1-2-2-1, keeping it at an even # of 8.
    2 RBY, 1 GSC, 2 ADV, 2 DPP, 1 BW

8 tiers x 8 teams = 64 players
    Which will ensure players can play the tier they want, and to have quality players. As well as ensuring all the slots will get filled, which is most important.

29. melle2402

melle2402 Host Emeritus

30. eden's embrace

eden's embrace YOU ARE MY DESTINY Host Emeritus

31. christos21

christos21 Be the change Member

!nom poh

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    H.M.N.I.P, drud, Linkin Karp and 3 others like this.
  32. Finchinator

Finchinator - Member

love it when commencement goes from memes to ggfan length rants and then back to memes

33. Disaster Area

some irony in ggfan posting the memes rather than the tl;drs too

34. GGFan

GGFan Member

It's not my time to shine (yet).

35. Stockings

Stockings Mum stole me darts Member

Hi draft me idiots ok thanks

36. Stockings

credentials:
    - beat some good players a couple times, mostly outside of a tour setting
    - uhhh
    - like ratio above 1:1
    - above the law
    - played rby once???
    - posts videos of girls in clubs saying 'fuck finch' to the team chat
    - uhhh
    - probably a bit self aware, but not in a cool smart way, more in a 'HAHA i WAS MERELY PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED XDDD' way
    - makes use of irony
    - 7th place largs regional 2018 piloting the gem knight FTK stratagem
    - Scottish twitter clout
    - currently suspended from twitter
    - soundcloud rapper
    - large insult vocabulary
    - There's a 0% chance DA+Huston won't draft me anyway like but
    - cute dog
    - chad irl, wow so cool and hunky
    - can kickflip
    - does sweet yoyo tricks
    - activity lmao
    - ya bitch ugly but she thick (yuh) what's her number what's her kik (yuh)

37. Ortheore

Ortheore Leader

Hey all, PPL pre-draft cast is live today from about 5pm gmt, featuring Disaster Area, Mister Tim, drud, tjdaas and possibly others. Check it out on Pokemon Perfect's Twitch channel: Twitch
    Mister Tim will also be hosting a stream on Twitch

eden's embrace and melle2402 like this.
  38. Disaster Area

39. Stockings

hahahahaha some1 actually drafted me what a mongo

40. Disaster Area

good thing i picked up quality adv subs x

41. FriendOfMrGolem120

FriendOfMrGolem120 aka. "FOMG" Member

I just want to say that I got invited to the Team Ice discord and might help them with their preparation a bit. Sceptross was the first and only who asked me to join a team server.
    I am just mentioning this here so that the members from the other teams know about it and don't reveal any information to me that they don't want Team Ice to get.

tjdaas and Sceptross like this.
  42. melle2402

melle2402 Host Emeritus

@Hosts I have to admit that user FriendOfMrGolem120 leaked some teams of team poison. I don’t want to play this way and hope FOMG gets the punishment he deserves. Free the world of cheating users like him, smh

tjdaas and EB0LA like this.
  43. Disaster Area

[​IMG]
    blue circle: crapatrby went for 3k icarax went for 3.5k does that count
    internal staff drama: gtt and eseque opposed on choosing vs rnging slots
    mid tour rule changes: if we go from rnging to choosing slots then that's a mid tour rule change
    what happens to the bw 1u slot

Ranshiin and Djokra like this.
  44. Disaster Area

idt thats against any rules

45. drud

drud Member

go aggrons etc

upload_2018-4-1_20-51-41.png

neomon, Disaster Area, tjdaas and 3 others like this.
  46. Sceptross

Sceptross Moderator

^ Every Aggron after seeing their team's result at the end of w7.

47. Mister Tim

Mister Tim The most handsome man on PP Season Host

and what is now?

48. Troller

24k on a player who said "i'm gonna troll on rby", i stand by that

49. Sceptross

Sceptross Moderator

UNLEASHED

[​IMG]

LET'S DO THIS LADS

Linkin Karp and Disaster Area like this.
  50. Disaster Area

Anville Aggrons (managed by drud and assistant managed by Akir):
    autumn leaves (28500)
    Kaz (19000)
    amberlamps (10500)
    tjdaas (9500)
    partys over (7000)
    kunclord supreme (6500)
    Icarax (3500)
    cb aaron judge (3000)
    Lycomedes (3000)