1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Random Origin stories

Discussion in 'Chat' started by Duke Groundrunner, Nov 9, 2019 at 8:59 PM.

1. Duke Groundrunner

Duke Groundrunner Member

What was your introduction to pokemon?
    First memory, episode, game?
    What was your first favorite pokemon and why? And is it still?Thought it would be fun to start this chat and we could all see into each other's souls.
    One thing I'm wondering is how youngsters came into pokemon a few generations later then decided to go back and master rby.

As for me, I was 7. I remembered seeing pokemon toys and commercials when it hit the U.S., but I didn't think I'd get into it. Until my first episode on a Saturday morning. I missed several episodes and came in on Ash's gym battle with Misty. Staryu ko'd Butterfree, and Pidgeotto ko'd starmie. Pikachu sat out because he loved Misty. I was immediately hooked and started musing about what pokemon I'd run with in my imaginary world. Since I had only seen a handful of them from that episode, I began to create my own. I loved to draw at the time so I tried to put all my ideas on paper.
    I play gen 1 because I only played rby and gsc on Gameboy. After that I went through my Pokemon is lame phase in middle school. I never bought another cartridge game but did pull out stadium 1 to try to beat the various cups which was quite hard with rentals. After failing quite a few times I discovered Smogon and used the rby set guides to find the best equiped rentals to get it done. Ended up relying on Jynx heavily because she did have lovely kiss+ ice punch and psychic.

So Smogon led me to showdown and meeting good players led me here.
    First favorite pokemon was Charmander. Before pokemon i was all about Mario games. Yoshi was my favorite character to play and draw. When I saw Charmander my first thought was it's a cute little orange Yoshi that has fire powers. Fire was my favorite element so it was fate.
    My favorite today is Charizard. I guess as I matured my favorite did too.
    As new generations came out, there have been plenty of cool pokes that could have dethroned zard. But at this point he is like my spirit animal so thats that.

Alright that was my turn. Now you.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019 at 9:04 PM
    Christos likes this.