1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Random Nothing To See Here

Discussion in 'Chat' started by Disaster Area, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Fur and Power Member

Post anything u want in here (so long as it does not break site rules.. use common sense).

2. Disaster Area

3. Ortheore

Ortheore Leader

Am I doing this right?

peach_nair, Linkin Karp and marcoasd like this.
  4. Disaster Area

sure. I lit just made this thread so I had somewhere to put all my achievements without overloading my signature (and I was having ridic trouble attaching links to both arbok and sableye at the same time fsr; at the time I incorrectly thought there was some limit to the amount of hyperlinks I could have in a sig).

5. Lutra

Lutra Site Founder Owner

Jame$ G likes this.
  6. weeb fgt

weeb fgt Member

hi piexplode

7. Disaster Area

hi iresar

8. Jame$ G

Jame$ G Member

Hahaha! Yeah Light Yagami going "full crackhead" with the notebook! That was honestly one of the best endings to an anime I've ever seen. Not gonna give it away for anyone thinking of watching it but I don't like cliche endings; they should be dark and chilling just like this was.

While we're on random anime clips I guess I'll put one up of that Tenjho Tenge I was going on about. Mods might wanna look at this to decide if it's OK to have on this page, it is pretty graphic, but such a great anime; not a lobotomised creation refined for the western taste; just a raw, detailed, violent series that to me echos the image of Japanese anime beautifully.

9. Mister Tim

Mister Tim The most handsome man on PP Season Host

Typical russian wedding(Dread wedding if smb knows him)[​IMG]

10. Disaster Area

11. Disaster Area

12. Enigami

Enigami Moderator

13. Disaster Area

14. Disaster Area

Don't mind me just posting a couple of proofs in group theory.

Attached Files:

15. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END. Member

Mixed STAB in RBY (is this important enough to go somewhere else?)

Theoretical mixed STAB:
    Venusaur (cannot use its Poison STAB)
    Gyarados (cannot use its Flying STAB)
    Omastar (cannot use its Rock STAB)
    Kabutops (cannot use its Rock STAB)
    Dragonite (cannot use its Flying STAB; no Dragon STAB moves even exist)

Real mixed STAB:
    Charizard (Fire Blast, Fire Spin and/or Flamethrower/Fly)
    Vileplume (Mega Drain, Petal Dance or Solarbeam/Acid)
    Parasect (Leech Life/Mega Drain or SolarBeam)
    Victreebel (Razor Leaf/Acid)
    Tentacruel (Hydro Pump or Surf/Acid)
    Articuno (Blizzard or Ice Beam/Fly, Peck or Sky Attack)
    Moltres (Fire Blast and/or Fire Spin/Fly, Peck or Sky Attack)

Usable mixed STAB (over 40 Base Power, single-turn attacks on both sides):
    Poliwrath (Hydro Pump or Surf/Submission)
    Zapdos (Thunder or Thunderbolt/Drill Peck)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
    marcoasd and Disaster Area like this.
  16. Ortheore

Ortheore Leader

Hey that's pretty interesting, I might fill in some missing pokemon that are theoretical because idk it's a little more interesting

Butterfree (no Flying)
    Golbat (no Poison)
    Venomoth (no Poison)
    Gengar (no Poison)
    Scyther (no Bug)
    Omastar (no Rock)
    Kabutops (no Rock)
    Aerodactyl (no Rock)

I think that's all of them?

17. Enigami

Enigami Moderator

I think that's all for theoretical.

Real mixed STAB:
    Exeggutor (Psychic/Mega Drain)
    Farfetch'd (Slash/Fly or Peck)
    Pidgeot (Hyper Beam or Double-Edge/Fly)
    Beedrill (Twineedle or Pin Missile/Poison Sting)
    Nidoking (Earthquake/Poison Sting)
    Nidoqueen (Earthquake/Poison Sting)

Usable mixed STAB (over 40 Base Power, single-turn attacks on both sides):
    Starmie (Hydro Pump or Surf/Psychic)
    Slowbro (Hydro Pump or Surf/Psychic)
    Lapras (Hydro Pump or Surf/Blizzard or Ice Beam)
    Cloyster (Hydro Pump or Surf/Blizzard or Ice Beam)
    Dewgong (Hydro Pump or Surf/Blizzard or Ice Beam)
    Dodrio (Hyper Beam or Body Slam/Drill Peck)
    Fearow (Hyper Beam or Double-Edge/Drill Peck)
    Golem (Earthquake/Rock Slide)
    Rhydon (Earthquake/Rock Slide)
    Onix (Earthquake/Rock Slide)
    Jynx (Blizzard or Ice Beam/Psychic)

This should cover the rest of them.

18. magic9mushroom

I said mixed, not dual. Mixed STAB means one physical and one special.

I did miss Omastar and Kabutops, though.

Disaster Area likes this.
  19. magic9mushroom

Listing the legal level 5 Pokemon in RBY (this is according to Bulbapedia, so there may be an error or two):

Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Caterpie, Metapod, Weedle, Kakuna, Pidgey, Rattata, Spearow, Pikachu, Raichu, Nidorans, Jigglypuff, Mankey (Yellow only), Poliwag (Yellow only), Tentacool, Farfetch'd, Electrode, Horsea (Yellow only), Goldeen (Yellow only), Magikarp, Mew.

I think you can also get Mr. Mime if you use the Japanese Blue.

(Yes, Electrode. I'm serious. You take a Pikachu from Viridian Forest, evolve it into Raichu without levelling it up, then trade it for Electrode at Cinnabar Island.)

So legal RBY LC would consist of 18 Pokemon, 3 of which (Caterpie, Weedle, Magikarp) are essentially useless due to movepool.

EDIT: Forgot Wigglytuff.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  20. Enigami

Enigami Moderator

It gets worse when you consider legal movepools.

Bulbasaur can't learn Sleep Powder or Razor Leaf, Charmander can't learn Slash or Fire Spin, and Squirtle can't learn Hydro Pump for some examples.

I think when we get to RBY LC, we should either account for moves that can't be learned after level 5 by assuming it's using tradebacks from GSC with only their default moves (so no Egg/Event/GSC TM moves) to bring them as close to legal RBY as possible, or be Tradeback only so it's not an issue.

21. magic9mushroom

My opinion is that we should use some version(s) of Pika Cup instead.

Also, Bulbasaur not learning Sleep Powder isn't a big issue, since literally no level 5 Pokemon can have a sleep move. Indeed, if Bulbasaur was the only thing to get sleep, it would be incredibly overpowered.

22. Enigami

Enigami Moderator

I was pointing out that RBY LC mons are using moves that they shouldn't be able to in general. Alternatively, RBY LC could be adjusted to be the lowest level all LC mons can be legally obtained on cartridge instead of Level 5, which I think is 30 (Koffing/Kabuto/Omanyte at the lowest is level 30).

If we went with that, LC Pokemon would get to keep some of their level-up movepool (such as Razor Leaf for Bulbasaur, Recover for Staryu), and Sonic Boom and Dragon Rage could probably be unbanned. Dragon Rage is only carried by Charmander, Dratini, Growlithe and Magikarp, and at level 30 3HKOs Pokemon with 22 or more Base HP keeping it from being overpowered. With Magikarp's base 80 speed, Dragon Rage Magikarp might actually be hilariously viable as a revenge killer (probably like LC UU or something).

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  23. magic9mushroom

I'd prefer to discard the LC restriction ("yet to evolve") entirely. RBY Pokemon are generally balanced on the basis of equal levels, not equal stages. I.E. Butterfree is balanced(ish) against Doduo, not Caterpie against Doduo and Butterfree against Dodrio. Little Cup's "yet to evolve" restriction is based on breeding, which isn't a thing in RBY.

I'll note that Little Cup comes from Stadium 2, where it replaced Stadium 1's Pika Cup. I think Pika Cup (level 20) is a decent starting point because the "high stats, no evolution" Pokemon start dropping in like flies afterward (Tauros at level 26/21, Kangaskhan at level 25/28, Snorlax at level 30).

My preference, to stay "in the spirit", would be to throw away Yellow and stone evolutions, since Yellow has like five billion underlevelled evolutions and premature stone evolutions (i.e. before it gets its movepool) are short-sighted. But whatever.

Also @Disaster Area maybe this discussion ought to be split off (starting with my post on legal level 5s) and moved to Tiers or somewhere; I was planning to start a thread there when the time was right and link that post but it seems we've kinda jumped the gun.

24. Disaster Area

This thread really can be about whtever, but yah i recommend making a new thread for it. We could still have old RBY LC kept under some different name to indicate it's not a real playable tier, though tbh I'd have to get some later gen LCers to work out what's really in the LC spirit for RBY.

25. Disaster Area

☀ ☁ ☂ ☃ ☄ ★ ☆ ☇ ☈ ☉ ☊ ☋ ☌ ☍ ☎ ☏ ☐ ☑ ☒ ☓ ☖ ☗ ☚ ☛ ☜ ☝ ☞ ☟ ☠ ☡ ☢ ☣ ☤ ☥ ☦ ☧ ☨ ☩ ☪ ☫ ☬ ☭ ☮ ☯ ☰ ☱ ☲ ☳ ☴ ☵ ☶ ☷ ☸ ☹ ☺ ☻ ☼ ☽ ☾ ☿ ♀ ♁ ♂ ♃ ♄ ♅ ♆ ♇ ♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ ♌♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓ ♔ ♕ ♖ ♗ ♘ ♙ ♚ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ♟ ♠ ♡ ♢ ♣ ♤ ♥ ♦ ♧ ♨ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮ ♯ ♰ ♱ ♲ ♳ ♴ ♵ ♶ ♷ ♸ ♹ ♺ ♻ ♼ ♽ ♥ © ♦ ™ Έ Ή Ί Ό Ύ Ώ ΐ Α Β Γ Δ Ε Ζ Η Θ Ι Λ Κ Μ Ν Ξ Ο Π Ρ Σ Τ Υ Ψ Ω Ϊ Ϋ ά έ ή ί ΰ α β γ δ ε ζ η θ ι κ λ μ ν ξ ο π ρ ς σ τ υ φ χ Ő ő Œ œ Ŕ ŕ Ŗ ŗ Ř řŚ ś Ŝ ŝ Ş ş Š š Ţ ţ Ť ť Ŧ ŧ Ũ ũ Ū ū Ŭ ŭ Ů ů Ű ű Ų ų Ŵ ŵ Ŷ ŷ Ÿ Ź ź Ż ż Ž ž ſ ƒ Ǻ ǻ Ǽ ǽ Ǿ ǿ č Ď ď Đ đ Ē ē Ĕ ĕ Ė ė Ę ę Ě ě Ĝ ĝ Ğ ğ Ġ ġ Ģ ģ Ĥ ĥ Ħ ħ Ĩ ĩ Ī ī Ĭ ĭ Į į İ ı IJ ij Ĵ ĵ Ķ ķ ĸ Ĺĺ Ļ ļ Ľ ľ Ŀ ŀ Ł ł Ń ń Ņ ņ Ň Ñ ň ʼn Ŋ ŋŌ ō Ŏ ŏ Ì Í Î Ï Ð ÑÒ Ó Ô Õ Ö × Ø Ù Ú Û Ü ÝÞ ß àá â ã ä å æ ç è é ê ë ì í î ï ð ñ ò ó ô õ ö ÷ ø ù ú û ü ý þ ÿ Āā Ăă Ąą Ć ć Ĉ ĉ Ċ ċ Č Ç ψ ω ϊ ϋ ό ύ ώ Ё Ђ Ѓ Є Ѕ І Ї Ј Љ Њ Ћ Ќ Ў Џ А Б В Г Д Е Ж З И Й К Л М Н О П Р С Т УФ Х Ц Ч Ш Щ Ъ Ы Ь Э Ю Я а б в г д е ж з и й к л đ м но п р с т у ф й ů х ц ч ш щъ ы ь э ю я ё ђ ѓ є ѕ і јј љ њ ћ ќ ў џ Ґ ґ Ẁ ẁ Ẃ ẃ ẅ Ẅ Ỳ ỳ ﻮ ﻕ ﺼ ﺣ ﺊ ﮑ ףּ fi פּ ﮒ ﺋ ﺤ ﺽ ﻖ ﻯ ﻰ ﻗ ﺾ ﺥ ﺌ ﮓ צּ fl ﬠ קּ ﮔ ﺍ ﺦ ﺿ ﻘ ﻱ ﻲ ﻙ ﻀ ﺧ ﺎ ﮕ רּ שׁ שׂ שּ ﯼ ﺏ ﺨ ﻁ ﻚ ﻳ ﻴ ﻛ ﻂ ﺩ ﺐ ﯽ תּ שּׁ שּׂ וֹ ﱞ ﺑ ﺪ ﻃ ﻜ ﻵ ﻶ ﻝ ﻄ ﺫ ﺒ ﱟ בֿ אַ אָ כֿ ﱠ ﺓ ﺬ ﻅ ﻞ ﻷ ﻸ ﻟ ﻆ ﺭ ﺔ ﱡ פֿ אּ בּ ﭏ ﱢ ﺕ ﺮ ﻇ ﻠ ﻹ ﻺ ﻡ ﻈ ﺯ ﺖ ﴾ ﭖ גּ דּ ﭗ﴿ ﺗ ﺰ ﻉ ﻢ ﻻ ﻼ ﻣ ﺱ ﺘ ﷲ ﭘ הּ וּ ﭙ ﺀ ﺙ ﺲ ﻋ ﻤ ﻥ ﻌ ﺳ ﺚ ﭺ זּ טּ ﭻ ﺂ ﺛ ﺴ ﻍ ﻦ ﻧ ﻎ ﺵ ﺜ ﺃ ﭼ ﭽ יּ ךּ ﺄﺝ ﺶ ﻏ ﻨ ﻩ ﻐ ﺷ ﺞ ﺅ ﮊ כּ לּ ﮋ ﺆ ﺟ ﺸ ﻑ ﻪ ﻫ ﻒ Ё Ђ Ѓ Є Ѕ І Ї Ј Љ Њ Ћ Ќ Ў Џ А Б В Г Д Е Ж З И Й К Л М Н О П Р С Т У Ф Х Ц Ч Ш Щ Ъ Ы Ь Э Ю √ ∞ ∟ ∩ ∫ ≈ ≠ ≡ ≤ ≥ ⌂ ⌐ ⌠ ⌡ ─ │ ┌ ┐ └ ┘ ├ ┤ ┬ ┴ ┼ ═ ║ ╒ ╓ ╔ ╕ ╖ ╗ ╘ ╙ ╚ ╛ ╜ ╝ ╞ ╟ ╠ ╡ ╢ ╣ ╤ ╥ ╦ ╧ ╨ ╩ ╪ ╫ ╬ ▀ ▄ █ ▌ ▐ ░ ▒ ▓ ■ □ ▪ ▫ ▬ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ◊ ○ ● ◘ ◙ ◦ ☺ ☻ ☼ ♀ ♂ ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ ♪ ♫ ๑•ิ.•ั๑ ๑۩۞۩๑ ♬✿.。.:* ☂☃ ☄ ★ ☆ ☇ ☈ ☉ ☊ ☋ ☌ ☍ ☑ ☒☢ ☸ ☹ ☺ ☻ ☼ ☽ ☾ ♠ ♡ ♢ ♣ ♤ ♥ ♦ ♧ ♨ ♩ ✙✈ ✉ ✌ ✁ ✎ ✐ ❀ ✰ ❁ ❤ ❥ ❦❧ ➳ ➽ εїз℡❣·۰•●○● ゃōゃ♥ ♡๑۩ﺴ ☜ ☞ ☎ ☏♡ ⊙◎ ☺ ☻✖╄ஐﻬ ► ◄ ▧ ▨ ♨ ◐ ◑ ↔ ↕ ▪ ▫ ☼ ♦ ▀ ▄ █▌ ▐░ ▒ ▬♦ ◊ ◦ ☼ ♠♣ ▣ ▤ ▥ ▦ ▩ ◘ ◙ ◈ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪ の ☆ → あ ぃ £ ❤ 。◕‿◕。 # @ & * ¥☸ ❁ ❀ ✿ ✾ ❃ ✺ ❇ ❈ ❊ ❉ ✱ ✲ ✩ ✫ ✬ ✭ ✮ ✰ ☆ ★ ✪ ¤ ☼ ☀ ☽ ☾ ❤ ♡ ღ☻ ☺ ❂ ◕ ⊕ ☉ Θ o O ♋ ☯ ㊝ ⊙ ◎ ◑ ◐ ۰ • ● ▪ ▫ 。 ゚ ๑ ☜ ☞ ☂ ♨ ☎ ☏ ︻ ︼ ︽ ︾ 〈 〉 ︿ ﹀ ∩ ∪ ﹁ ﹂ ﹃ ﹄﹝ ﹞ < > ≦ ≧ ﹤ ﹥ 「 」 ︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺〔 〕 【 】 《 》 ( ) { } ﹙ ﹚ 『 』 ﹛ ﹜╳ + - ﹢ × ÷ = ≠ ≒ ∞ ˇ ± √ ⊥ ∠ ∟ ⊿ ㏒ ▶ ▷ ◀ ◁ ☀ ☁ ☂ ☃ ☄ ★ ☆ ☇ ☈ ☉ ☊ ☋ ☌ ☍ ☑ ☒☢ ☸ ☹ ☺ ☻ ☼ ☽ ☾ ♠   ♡ ♢ ♣ ♤ ♥ ♦ ♧ ♨ ♩ ✙ ✈ ✉ ✌ ✁ ✎ ✐ ❀ ✰ ❁ ❤ ❥ ❦❧ ➳ ➽ 〠 〄 ㍿ ♝ ♞ ♯♩♪♫♬♭♮ ☎ ☏ ☪ ♈ ♨ ºº ₪ ¤ 큐 « » ™ ♂✿ ♥ の ↑ ↓ ← → ↖ ↗ ↙ ↘ ㊣ ◎ ○ ● ⊕ ⊙ ○ △ ▲ ☆ ★ ◇ ◆ ■ □ ▽ ▼ § ¥ 〒 ¢ £ ※ ♀ ♂ © ® ⁂ ℡ ↂ░ ▣ ▤ ▥ ▦ ▧ ✐✌✍✡✓✔✕✖ ♂ ♀ ♥ ♡ ☜ ☞ ☎ ☏ ⊙ ◎ ☺ ☻ ► ◄ ▧ ▨ ♨ ◐ ◑ ↔ ↕ ♥ ♡ ▪ ▫ ☼ ♦ ▀ ▄ █ ▌ ▐ ░ ▒ ▬ ♦ ◊ ◘ ◙ ◦ ☼ ♠ ♣ ▣ ▤ ▥ ▦ ▩ ◘ ◙ ◈ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪ ✄☪☣☢☠ ⅰⅱⅲⅳⅴⅵⅶ ⅷⅸⅹⅺⅻⅠⅡⅢⅣⅤⅥⅦ Ⅷ Ⅷ ⅨⅩⅪⅫ ㊊㊋㊌㊍㊎㊏ ㊐㊑㊒㊓㊔㊕㊖㊗㊘㊜㊝㊞㊟㊠㊡㊢ ㊣㊤㊥㊦㊧㊨㊩㊪㊫㊬㊭㊮㊯㊰ ✗✘✚✪✣✤✥✦✧✩✫✬✭✮✯✰ ✱✲✳❃❂❁❀✿✾✽✼✻✺✹✸✷ ✶✵✴❄❅❆❇❈❉❊❋❖☀☂☁【】┱ ┲ ❣ ✚ ✪ ✣ ✤ ✥ ✦ ❉ ❥ ❦ ❧ ❃ ❂ ❁ ❀ ✄ ☪ ☣ ☢ ☠ ☭ ♈ ➸ ✓ ✔ ✕ ✖ *.:。✿*゚‘゚・✿.。.: ≧0≦ o(╥﹏╥)o //(ㄒoㄒ)// {{{(>_<)}}} ™ぷ▂▃▅▆█ ∏ ※◤ ◥ ﹏﹋﹌ ∩∈∏ ╰☆╮≠→№← ︵︶︹︺ 【】〖〗@﹕﹗/ " _ < > `,·。≈{}~ ~() _ -『』√ $ @ * & # ※ 々∞Ψ ∪∩∈∏ の ℡ ぁ §∮〝〞ミ灬ξ№∑⌒ξζω*ㄨ ≮≯ +-×÷﹢﹣±/=∫∮∝ ∞ ∧∨ ∑ ∏ ∥∠ ≌ ∽ ≦ ≧ ≒﹤﹥じ☆ ■♀『』◆◣◥▲Ψ ※◤ ◥ →№←㊣∑⌒〖〗@ξζω□∮〓※∴ぷ▂▃▅▆█ ∏【】△√ ∩¤々♀♂∞①ㄨ≡↘↙▂▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █┗┛╰☆╮ ≠ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅┢┦aΡpy ♡^^♡ ^^.......♧♧ ☜♥☞.︻︼─一 ▄︻┻┳═一 ﹏◢ ◣ ◥ ◤ ▽ ▧ ▨ ▣ ▤ ▥ ▦ ▩ ◘ ◙ ▓ ▒ ░ Café № @ ㊣ ™ ℡ 凸 の ๑۞๑ ๑۩ﺴ ﺴ۩๑ o(‧'''‧)o ❆ べò⊹⊱⋛⋋ ⋌⋚⊰⊹ ⓛⓞⓥⓔ べ ☀ ☼ ☜ ☞ ⊙® ◈ ♦ ◊ ◦ ◇ ◆ εїз ☆·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.¤ ~♡のⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡~☃⊹⊱⋛⋌⋚⊰⊹✗/(w) ≡[。。]≡※◦º°×°º◦εїз´¯`·»。。♀♡╭☆╯ºØغøº¤ø,¸ ¸,ºº¤øøºﷲﷲ°º¤ø,¸¸, げこごさざしじすぜそぞただちぢっつづてでとどなにぬねのはば ♪♫╭♥ ๑•ิ.•ัﻬஐ ✎ぱひびぴふぶぷへべぺほぼぽまみむめも ❃❂❁❀✿✾✽✼✻✺✹✸✷ ✶✵✴❄❅❆❇❈❉❊❋❖❤❥❦❧ ☀ o O #♡ ┽┊﹎.εїз︷✿‧:﹎。❤‧:❉:‧ .。.:*・❀●•♪.。‧:❉:‧ °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø*.:。✿*゚‘゚・✿.。.:*.:。✿*゚ ’゚・✿.。✎*εїз ↔ ↕ ▪ → ︷╅╊✿ (¯`•..• •..•´¯)(¯`•¸•´¯) ❤`•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´¯`•.•●•۰• ••.•´¯`•.•• ••.•´¯`•.••—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤——(•·÷[ ]÷·•)— 〓 ☆ ★┣┓┏┫×╰ノ◢ ◣ ◥ ◤ Ω ж ф юЮ ━╃ ╄━ ┛┗ ┓┏ ◇ ◆ ※ .'. ☂.'.❤ ♥ 『』 〖〗▓ ► ◄ ▒ ░ ▓ ╮╭ ╯╰ ァ ┱ ┲☃ ☎ ☏ ☺ ☻ ▧ ▨ ♨ ◘ ◙ ♠ ♧ ♣ ▣▤ ▥ ▦ ▩ ⊕ ׺°”˜`”°º× ׺°”˜`”°º×»-(¯`v´¯)-» ×÷·.·´¯`·)» «(·´¯`·.·÷×*∩_∩* ⓛⓞⓥⓔ ╬ ╠ ╣∷ ღ ☃ ❆ £ ∆ ? Õ Ő ő ∞ © ‡ † ? ஜ ஒ ண இ ஆ ௰ ♪♪♫▫—(•·÷[ ]÷·•)— ·÷±‡±±‡±÷· Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO •°o_O o_O°• ¨°o_O o_O°¨—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—•·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·•´`·.(`·.¸ ¸.·´).·´`·» »-(¯`v´¯)-»█┗┛↘↙╰☆╮ ≠ ☜♥☞ ︻︼─一 ▄︻┻┳═一 -─═┳︻ ∝╬══→ ::======>> ☆═━┈┈━═☆ ┣▇▇▇═─ ■◆◣◥▲◤ ◥〓∴ぷ▂▃▅▆█ 【】 ๑۞๑ ๑۩ﺴ ﺴ۩๑๑۩۞۩...¤¸¸.·´¯`·.¸·..>>-» [[]] «-<<..·.¸¸·´¯`·.¸¸¤... .•:*´¨`:•.☆۩ ۞ ۩ ۩ ۞ ۩☆•:´¨`*:•. ❤`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••.¸¸.•´´¯`•´❤ ⊹⊱⋛⋋ ⋌⋚⊰⊹ 彡 ❝❞° ﹌﹎ ╱╲ ☁ ₪ ¡ Þ ௫ μ べ ☪ ☠ ╬ ╠ ╣∷ ღ :﹗/ " _ < > `,·。≈ {}~ ~() - √ $ * & # ※*≮≯ +-× ÷﹢±/=∫∮∝ ∧∨∥∠ ≌ ∽ ≦ ≧ ≒﹤﹥じ ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩ ⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ⒶⒷⒸⒹⒺⒻ ⒼⒽⒾⒿⓀⓁ ⓂⓃⓄⓅⓆⓇ ⓈⓉⓊⓋⓌⓍ ⓎⓏ ⓐⓑⓒⓓⓔⓕ ⓖⓗⓘⓙⓚⓛ ⓜⓝⓞⓟⓠⓡ ⓢⓣⓤⓥⓦⓧ ⓨⓩ 凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づヾ(*⌒ヮ⌒*)ゞ ( c//"-}{-*x) (-&#39;๏_๏&#39;-) (◐ o ◑ ) (⊙...⊙ )。◕‿◕。 ๏[-ิ_•ิ]๏(•ิ_•ิ)? (•ิ_•ิ) (/•ิ_•ิ)/ (︶︹︺)(`ω´ )人(ц`ω´ц)(●ゝω)ノヽ(∀<●)(ㄒoㄒ)(>_<)⊙▂⊙ ⊙0⊙ ⊙︿⊙ ⊙ω⊙ ⊙﹏⊙ ⊙△⊙ ⊙▽⊙ o(‧'''‧)o (◡‿◡✿) (◕‿◕✿) (◕〝◕) (∩_∩)ミ●﹏☉ミ (≧0≦) o(╥﹏╥)o ♪♫♪♫ ☼☼ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♠♠♠♠ ㋀ ㋁ ㋂ ㋃ ㋄ ㋅ ㋆ ㋇ ㋈ ㋉ ㋊ ㋋ ㏠ ㏡ ㏢ ㏣ ㏤ ㏥ ㏦ ㏧ ㏨ ㏩ ㏪ ㏫ ㏬ ㏭ ㏮ ㏯ ㏰ ㏱ ㏲ ㏳ ㏴ ㏵ ㏶ ㏷ ㏸ ㏹ ㏺ ㏻ ㏼ ㏽ ㏾ ㍘ ㍙ ㍚ ㍛ ㍜ ㍝ ㍞ ㍟ ㍠ ㍡ ㍢ ㍣ ㍤ ㍥ ㍦ ㍧ ㍨ ㍩ ㍪ ㍫ ㍬ ㍭ ㍮ ㍯ ㍰ ██ 39% ███ 49% ████ 76% █████ 89% ██████ 100% LOADING... ██████████████]99% ╚» «╝ ♥║ ║ ╚══╝ ╔═.♥.══════╗ ╚══════.♥.═╝ .,¡i|¹i¡¡i¹|i¡,. `"¹li¡|¡|¡il¹"` ´*•.¸(•.¸♥¸.•´)¸.•*´ ♥«´¨`•°..NAME..°•´¨`»♥ .¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•. ┊  ┊  ┊  ┊ ┊  ┊  ┊  ☆ ┊  ┊  ♥ ┊  εїз :█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║▌║© ██ 20% _ ███ 40% _ ████ 60% _ █████ 80% _ ██████ 100% _ HEART = ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ BUTTERFLIES = εїз εїз εїз εїз εїз εїз εїз εїз FACE = ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺ BOX = ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ RANDOM = ╬ ╬ ╬ ╬ ╬ ╬ ╬ ╬ ╬ ╬ ╬ ╬ ╬ RANDOM = † † † † † † † † † † † † † RANDOM = ₪ ₪ ₪ ₪ ₪ ₪ ₪ ₪ ₪ ₪ ₪ ₪ ₪ RANDOM = ஐ ஐ ஐ ஐ ஐ ஐ ஐ ஐ ஐ ஐ ஐ RANDOM = ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ RANDOM = ۩ ۩ ۩ ۩ ۩ ۩ ۩ ۩ ۩ ۩ ۩ ۩ ۩ ۩ ۩ LOADING.... ██████████████]99% (¯`·.) _____ (¯`·.) (¸.•'´ $$`'•.¸_)_____(¸.•'´ $$`'•.¸) ◄███▓▒░░._____.░░▒▓███► ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

26. magic9mushroom

Had a dream last night where I was playing against GGFan and somehow it ended up as Staryu + Persian vs. his Golem + Gengar.

It got me thinking about using Mimic on Persian to try to steal Hypnosis or Night Shade/Psychic from an incoming Gengar.

Kristoph, marcoasd and Disaster Area like this.
  27. marcoasd

marcoasd Host Emeritus

This could work quite well below OU.

In OU, I think we could leave alone the STAB thing, focusing on the mixed physical/special part as we all know mixed sweepers need Chansey to be out of the way to get to work, and it's the most common answer.
    This should suggest which pokemon could theoretically be a good mixed sweepers (putting into the equation hard counters like rocks or Gengar).

28. Disaster Area

29. magic9mushroom

Apparently I suck at checking, because there is a legal level 5 sleeper - Jigglypuff, with Sing.

30. Disaster Area

31. Disaster Area

( ^ω^) ( ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^) ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^) ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^)^ω^)
    ( ^ω^)ω^)
    ( ^ω^) ^)
    ( ^ω^))
    ( ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^)
    ( ( ^ω^)
    ( ( ^ω^)
    ( ^( ^ω^)
    ( ^ ( ^ω^)
    ( ^ω( ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^( ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^) ( ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^) ( ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^) ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^) ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^)^ω^)
    ( ^ω^)ω^)
    ( ^ω^) ^)
    ( ^ω^))
    ( ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^)
    ( ( ^ω^)
    ( ( ^ω^)
    ( ( ^ω^)
    ( ^ ( ^ω^)
    ( ^ω( ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^( ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^)( ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^) ( ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^) ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^) ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^)^ω^)
    ( ^ω^)ω^)
    ( ^ω^) ^)
    ( ^ω^))
    ( ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^)
    ( ( ^ω^)
    ( ( ^ω^)
    ( ^( ^ω^)
    ( ^ ( ^ω^)
    ( ^ω( ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^( ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^) ( ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^) ( ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^) ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^) ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^)^ω^)
    ( ^ω^)ω^)
    ( ^ω^) ^)
    ( ^ω^))
    ( ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^)
    ( ( ^ω^)
    ( ( ^ω^)
    ( ( ^ω^)
    ( ^ ( ^ω^)
    ( ^ω( ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^( ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^)( ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^) ( ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^) ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^) ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^)^ω^)
    ( ^ω^)ω^)
    ( ^ω^) ^)
    ( ^ω^))
    ( ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^)
    ( ( ^ω^)
    ( ( ^ω^)
    ( ^( ^ω^)
    ( ^ ( ^ω^)
    ( ^ω( ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^( ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^) ( ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^) ( ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^) ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^) ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^)^ω^)
    ( ^ω^)ω^)
    ( ^ω^) ^)
    ( ^ω^))
    ( ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^)
    ( ( ^ω^)
    ( ( ^ω^)
    ( ( ^ω^)
    ( ^ ( ^ω^)
    ( ^ω( ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^( ^ω^)
    ( ^ω^)( ^ω^)​

32. Disaster Area

EVs: 136 Atk / 132 Def / 184 SpD / 56 Spe
    Adamant Nature

ADV 1U hariyama spread
    2HKO +1 CurseLax
    Survive +1 standard DDtar Rock Slide + EQ after sand
    outspeed standand pert/bliss
    rest into spdef to help take gengar tbolts

33. Peasounay

Peasounay qui peut me stopper Host Emeritus

Does someone know the odds of starmie vs mega drain egg, jolt vs chansey (both para), zam vs stoss chansey (both para), rest cloyster vs lax, rest cloyster vs tauros, and dnite's odds to be brutal in general ?

have no idea of where to post this lol

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  34. Disaster Area

this is probably the best place, especially as there's a magic9mushroom who's getting alerts from the thread, they're the most likely to know anything about any of that.

Peasounay likes this.
  35. magic9mushroom

Nah, I'm not getting alerts from this thread.

Off the top of my head:

Starmie needs to be paralysed for Mega Drain Egg to have a chance of beating it (otherwise it needs three consecutive crits to get past Recover).

First approximation for Jolt vs. Chansey unparalysed gives ~25% for Jolt to win. Paralysis always brings matchups closer so I'm guessing it'd be about 1/3 for Jolt to win. I lost my copy of Mathematica so I can't really crunch Markov chains at the moment.

Cloy vs. Lax: Cloy needs 8 Clamp hits to get Lax into Blizzard range. Assuming that's three Clamp uses (which is slightly generous to Lax; it's a bit less than that on average) it has about a 2/3 chance to do it without getting paralysed by Body Slam or KOed. Obviously Cloyster still has a decent chance of winning even if it gets paralysed.

Cloy vs. Tauros is roughly: Cloy wins, unless Tauros gets hax (crits, paraslam-> FP, Blizzard misses) and Cloy doesn't get hax (crits, freezes, Hyper Beam miss, low damage roll). Tauros has about a 3/4 chance to hax in some way and Cloy has about a 3/5, so it winds up with Cloy having about a 70% chance to win.

That's rough calcs; I don't really feel like doing exact calcs right now.

Nails, Peasounay and Disaster Area like this.
  36. Disaster Area

hmm I might try and look at all the states in the markov chain at least to get that going, I don't know how to do the mathematics behind it though, although I understand the principle. Hmm maybe if/when I study markov processes I can bring up this as an example.. that sounds like fun :>

37. magic9mushroom

I'm just tired as shit because I had a dream in which I killed myself and I couldn't get back to sleep.

The way I did the Lap v Chan Markov chain was to give a variable to each state and express that state in terms of its products. So if I have 100 active states + 3 possible results I have x0 through x99, a, b, and c. And if state x50 has a 50% chance of transforming to state x47, a 20% chance of state x56, a 20% chance of state of result b and a 10% chance of result c then I write x50 = 0. 5x47 + 0.2 x56 + 0.2b + 0.1c. Then I use Mathematica to solve the 100 equations for the 100 xj variables in terms of a, b and c (I know how to do it by hand, but it's rather tedious). Then a given xj's proportion of a, b and c in the solution are the probabilities of getting to those results from that xj.

38. Disaster Area

Mmm and I guess since you always have 1/16 chance of not changing state (in this and lapras case) you just rearrange the variables so like say x10 = (1/4)*x11+(1/2)*x12+(3/16)*x4+(1/16)*x10 would become x10=(4/15)*x11+(8/15)*x12+(1/5)*x4, is it correct that you'd do that? If so i think I'll set about to solve this later today.

39. magic9mushroom

Well, that kinda happens by itself if you're doing it by hand, and computer algebra systems don't break a sweat if you leave it to them rather than bothering yourself.

And in the Lapras case it wasn't always a 1/16 to do nothing; Lapras wasn't always paralysed and the confusion timer keeps counting down even if Chansey FPs. It was the confusion that made that one so poisonously long; the followup calc where Lapras had Hyper Beam instead was about a fifth as long.

40. Disaster Area

why did I bother to make this
    420.png
    especially since memes are shitty/this forum's a bad place for memes/this is a really terrible 12-year-old-MLG meme x_x

marcoasd likes this.
  41. Ortheore

Ortheore Leader

In the spirit of the op pf this thread I've decided to leave a link here. In a skype chat we were discussing min-maxing rby/gsc, and how it's theoretically impossible to completely minimise atk while maxing other stats. In an effort to help determine the min atk I decided to create a spreadsheet listing every pokemon, their base stats and the ratios between stats (tl;dr Chansey is best for everything except def, that's done better by magikarp/shuckle). Then I got told halfway through about a mechanic in rby that lets you gain evs in every stat except attack so all that work was redundant. Except maybe the gsc... which I cbf doing right now

Base stats and ratios - Google Sheets

Disaster Area and marcoasd like this.
  42. magic9mushroom

What mechanic is that?

43. Disaster Area

[10/04/2016 09:23:40] Nails: if you exp all with a switch + 5 party members vs a magikarp you get an ev in every stat except attack (more in hp/speed)
    [10/04/2016 09:24:17] Nails: so you can cap every stat with 0 attack evs
    [10/04/2016 09:24:29] Nails: by using vitimins and then killing 40k magikarps
    [10/04/2016 09:24:58] Nails: along with switching 40k times

44. magic9mushroom

Wow. Floored division to the rescue?

Nails likes this.
  45. Enigami

Enigami Moderator

Any word on the formula? I'm assuming its floored Base Stat EXP ÷ # of shared EXP mons ÷ # of Pokemon that were active in the battle and weren't fainted, right? Is it possible to for example have 0 Speed EVs by switching 2 times vs. Slowpoke?

46. Disaster Area

47. magic9mushroom

I'll note that most of the letters scattered out of frame and thus evaded the press. Only the PES from Hopes and the A from Dreams were actually crushed.

48. Lutra

Lutra Site Founder Owner

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  49. Disaster Area

I'd be interested in the odds of reflect chansey vs lax [could start with chans para'd or unpara'd and with or without reflect up, and lax could have hyper beam or could not] but I think that might be a long one... maybe markov chains could work there though.

50. magic9mushroom

Assuming Lax has no means of paralysing Chansey it'd be a 7*10 = 70-state Markov chain if you assume Body Slam to do 40% to Chansey (10 Chansey HP levels from 10% to 100%, Lax healthy/paralysed/hit once/twice/thrice/four times/five times). There'd be a separate 6*10 = 60-state chain for Chansey trying Ice Beam without paralysing Lax first. Both of those would have to be done twice for Chansey paralysed/unparalysed and twice for Hyper Beam/not. But each individually is significantly simpler than the 140-state horror I did for Chansey vs. Lapras (both in sheer number of states and in the number of things that can happen in each state; for paraChansey vs. Lapras there can be up to 18 results for any specific turn, while for Chansey vs. Lax the max is 9 with Chansey paralysed or 6 with it healthy). They'd be more similar to the addendum I posted on Hyper Beam Lapras vs. paraChansey, which was much simpler.

I may do it at some future point (though I'd have to get my hands on another copy of Mathematica), but my SECRET PROJECT has absolute priority and I haven't even worked on that in months.

stunner047 and Disaster Area like this.