1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Random Music Thread

Discussion in 'Chat' started by Linkin Karp, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Linkin Karp

Linkin Karp 从来没有幸运,但有时橡胶鸭子。 Season Host

There's no general music thread yet and DA's thread has died, so I'm making a new one.
    Just feel free to post whatever kind of music you want. I will be posting some songs at the end of each month.
    Feedback on posted stuff is always welcome.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  2. Linkin Karp

A 2013 ESC song that most people have probably forgotten, but to me it's still the greatest song that hit the competition in at least the last 15 years. Dark electronic music helped me cope a lot over the last half year and I kind of listened to this on repeat during the first week that I was alone.

Kind of random and there's much better stuff from the band, but this just caught my ear when I listened to the one album from start to finish that I don't have on my phone for some reason.

Should be no surprise to you that I really love Linkin Park, and that Lying From You kinda was my anthem during the bad times I had to endure lately. Stumbled upon this forgotten gem on Spotify and I just love how well the rap fits with the guitar in the background.

Found this while searching for the name of another song (Narfi). I actually only knew 2 songs from Skálmöld a few weeks ago, which is honestly a pity. My friends always told me that I'd absolutely love this band, should've listened to them earlier.

lololol I'm like a year late to the party but I don't listen to the radio usually, might've heard this song once or twice and idk how I found it again but it really fits my mood lately.
    Rammstein - Sehnsucht - YouTube
    Every time I think I know all the great Rammstein songs, I find another one that I never heard for some reason. The lyrics are probably 70% of why it's so awesome, but it's still def worth listening to.

eden's embrace likes this.
  3. Linkin Karp

Just remembered the awesome stuff I listened to around a year ago.

This song made me love trap for quite some time.

Only song I ever had in my head for a week straight. Nothing more to add to that.

Kinda mainstream compared to other Pink Floyd stuff but that doesn't make it any less great. All in all I'd say that Dark Side is their best album, and this track is one of the best on it.

The single best hardcore track in the world. Still one of my absolute faves.

e: just remembered what other kinds of trap I listened to lol.

This is what happens when a metalhead makes trap. Unusual but awesome.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    eden's embrace likes this.
  4. Linkin Karp

An incredible approach to Symphonic Metal. The (German) lyrics add to the mood, but the song's great even without understanding them.

I first heard of Alter Bridge in 2014 and bought 2 of their albums on discount at some point, but never really listened to them. Shame on me. This song is just perfect in my opinion.

Still one of my favourite House tracks after all these years, although I don't really listen much to the genre as a whole. This is guaranteed to be the chillest 8 min on your playlist.

Another old song I dug up somehow. The chorus just got stuck in my head.

No real way to describe Gorillaz, but this song sums up their style perfectly. Been loving it as long as I can remember.
    Blackbriar - Deadly Nightshade (Official Audio) - YouTube
    A relatively new Melodic Metal band with a great female vocalist. Definitely worth listening to.
    Alma - Requiem (France) Eurovision 2017 - Official Music Video - YouTube
    Definitely an atypical song for me to listen to, but it just stood out to me from the competition at ESC 2017.

5. Linkin Karp

On another note, I've finally found a guitarist after a year so my band is complete and will soon start rehearsing. I asked everyone to make a playlist with possible covers/inspirations to find a general direction. Here's some stuff from mine:

Even though it's just kind of an intro, this song nicely showcases the unique sound that Lacrimas had on their third album. I just really love this kind of slow, heavy, melodic metal and the whispered vocals, and I've played that genre in the past and want to do it again.
    08 - Clock's Waltz by Shaârghot | Free Listening on SoundCloud
    Probably my all-time favourite song or at least top 3, even despite the repetitive chords.

The piano on this song is most likely the best thing you can do with this instrument outside of Symphonic Metal. I wish I could play just half as well.

I love the lyrics. The song structure. The general sound. And the voice. Dear God, the voice.

Lacrimas again and even from the same album, but a completely different style. We happened to stumble upon a female vocalist although I originally didn't plan to include one, and this song comes pretty close to what I have in mind for a duet (replacing the clarinet and violin with a guitar tho).

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  6. Ortheore

Ortheore Leader

What instrument do you play?

I'd really love to learn to make music, but I just don't see it happening because I don't think I have the time for it. Also the theory seems too deep to easily get into, and I don't see myself being motivated enough to practice an instrument as well- I tried drums but dropped it because I never practiced

Disaster Area likes this.
  7. Linkin Karp

Well atm I actually have no idea. I've been playing the piano since I was 11, but I'm nowhere near the skill level of anyone else with 7 years of experience. Partly due to long breaks caused by depression or other irl stuff, partly because I actually had to completely relearn it after 4 years since it turned out my first teacher was garbage and had taught me everything wrong.
    The thing is that our entire lineup isn't clear yet. One member wanted to play the guitar, but doesn't own one and she plays the piano too. Our drummer had a phase where he was super demotivated and I considered learning the drums again (I only played them for like 3-4 months some years ago but at least I have some feeling for rhythm). There are two contenders for who plays the bass, and if both can't play (which is quite possible) I'm gonna start learning it lol. And our guitarist is pretty much better than all of us at our respective instruments. I might just do the vocals.

Regarding the motivation part, this has also always been a great obstacle for me. Sometimes I spend 3 weeks without touching my piano even though I waste hours every day interacting with the mons community (lol). But finally getting the band together has given me a goal, and most importantly one that I actually like. I'll see how it turns out, but atm I feel motivated to do anything at all for the first time in many months. (I do have a lot of other goals, which I pursue and often successfully so, but lately I don't really know why anymore.)

I actually love music theory, although my songwriting is like 80% intuition. I will watch all of Ben Levin's vids this summer tho, and I can only recommend his channel to you should you actually want to learn more theory once.

Sidenote that "my songwriting" refers to something I need to find again - the last time I actually played in a band was at age 14. I used to have a very distinct style (guitar/piano as main melody with vocals fulfilling various background functions). Gonna see if I can get back into it.

stunner047 likes this.
  8. Linkin Karp

Wew, this was a long month where I probably did twice as much as in any other month so far. Which means I also have a lot of music, but because of the 5 embeds per post limit I'm just posting the lesser known stuff.

Obligatory trap metal.

Might have been my favourite song for the past 3 months. So many memories I connect with this one, and so many new ones I made over the course of this month.

The best piece of soundtrack you will ever hear. It's from Game of Thrones. Just don't ever look into the comments if you haven't watched the episode in question yet, because this song plays during one of the biggest plot twists which is dragged dramatically over 10 minutes.

I usually don't listen to metalcore at all but this is just perfect.

I have no idea why I never found any good Melodic Death Metal until now, but this song is proof that the genre can actually be really awesome.

On a sidenote: I've started singing lessons now and after kicking out the demotivated assholes, our band is really starting to get stuff done. Who knows, maybe I'll be posting one of our own songs in a few months.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  9. drud

drud Member

Linkin Karp likes this.
  10. Linkin Karp

actually I already had some very beautiful memories connected to this song, me and my friends used to listen to it together last spring, now it helped me through the final days of packing up my ex's stuff and accepting the loss of said friends. very emotional song.

a friend, who also started teaching me meditation and overall does a lot to help me regain my creativity and inner peace, turned my music taste on its head when she showed me Mars Argo. this is probably their best song, but I posted another in the PPL finals thread if you're curious. I really fucking love their voices, the Beatles-like harmonies, basically everything about this.

some of you know Absolution by Muse is my all-time favourite album, but for some reason I never listened to this song (track 14/14) after the atrocities that are #12 and #13. when I first heard it from start to finish I had to listen to it like 25 more times over the next 3 days, it's that good. also I'm gonna buy the songbook, watch me play this on piano lol.

some friend insisted we listen to Alestorm while drinking, and boi did I fall in love with this band. no idea how the song does it but it always gives me an absolute boost of energy.

some melodic hardstyle for y'all. I'm probably late to the party as always because some people might already know the song from a 3 month old meme, but even if you do the full track is worth listening to. this is as energetic as the genre goes. there's even an amazing piano + violin live cover if you look it up.

11. ErPeris

ErPeris Do or do not. There is no try. Season Host

12. Linkin Karp

It's not the end of the month yet but I already got too much music just from the first 2 weeks, and I found so many more amazing bands since I've finished my thesis a week ago, so get ready for another post soon.

The same friend that made me start listening to Insomnium also showed me BatAAr. The videos and general style are awesome, but I wasn't convinced until I found this song. Even if you don't like the genre, just listen to the first 20 seconds please. This is what I always aim for when writing a chorus, and it very rarely gets this good.

More Visual Metal, yay. I basically listened to this on loop for the first week when I had to write a 45-page thesis in 12 days. (0/10 would not recommend.)

I've finally gotten rid of all the memes on my Youtube front page, and instead I get suggestions like this. Would never have listened to Die Antwoord otherwise, but everything about this song is great (and stays in your ear for at least a few days after listening).

I'm just gonna rant here. Why on earth did no one tell me for almost 19 years that Arch Enemy exists? I always thought female growled vocals were limited to some obscure stuff like IWABO. Now I desperately need to go to one of their concerts. Brb buying a ticket.

Obligatory hardstyle that kept me awake when I barely slept during the last 3 days before the deadline.

13. Linkin Karp

Already saw Lord of the Lost live on several festivals and my ex knew the singer in person, but I never really listened to them until I stumbled upon this song. They actually do a lot of different genres and the singer has a large number of projects on the side. Worth checking out.

Oh man this is my aesthetic. I could listen to this kind of music for days on end.

This is what happens when Maori do Thrash Metal. Absolutely awesome vocals, interesting influences and especially a great historical backstory. Also note that all band members are actually teenagers.

Idk why but I got this stuck in my head for days. It's basically Placebo but with a less obnoxious voice and generally 300% classier.

Seems like BatAAr has somehow become my new favourite band. The video is a bit... interesting, but I really love it. In case you were wondering, everyone in the video is a guy except for that one model.

14. Linkin Karp

wew it's the 9th of August already, time for my July post. seriously I've been putting 20x more effort into my free time in the last 2 weeks than I've put into my entire second thesis, no regrets.

The singer of a project I was in proposed this song. The project has since fallen apart, but the song is still great.

Making an acoustic cover of this one with my friend, hopefully I'll be able to post that in 2 months.

Originally had Celldweller - End of an Empire in this spot but wtf how did I forget this song. Best and most emotional song Green Day ever made. Also most likely gonna do an acoustic cover of it.

Entered Muse in Gnoosic and found a lot of new prog rock bands. So far I've loved every single one of them, but Highly Suspect is by far the best.

Never quite liked Kamelot until this song. Hearing Alissa do clean vocals for once is something special.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    SaDiSTiCNarwhal likes this.