1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Finished Mister Tim's Yellow Invitational Tournament #2[Won by Kaz]

Discussion in 'RBY OU / 1U Seasons' started by Mister Tim, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister Tim

Mister Tim The most handsome man on PP Season Host

Tournament Format
    • Signups are open to all listed players and players who is not in ban list.
    • Players who is not in list can sign up for open qualification.
    • Open qualification is single elimination tournament with 4 winners
    • After open qualification tournament will have 2 stages.
    • Stage 1 - Swiss tournament, anyone who gets 3 wins go to Stage 2, anyone who gets 3 loses are out of tournament.
    • Stage 2 - Single elimination tournament with 1 winner
    • Open qualification and Stage 2 will have FT3W battles
    • Stage 1 will have FT2W battles
    RBY 1U (OverUsed) Rules
    • Banned Pokemon: Mew, Mewtwo.
    • Banned Moves: Dig, Double Team, Fissure, Fly, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize.
    • Clauses: Freeze Clause, Sleep Clause, Species Clause. Self-KO is a tie.
    • Banned Players: Troller / roudolf13 / Metalgross / Peasounay / Diegolh / Kaz / GGFan / Lusch /Beds / Alexander
    Arrange location: Visitor Messages on Pokémon Perfect Forums
    Battle location: Pokémon Showdown!

About Deadlines
    1 week - 1 round, no extensions unless some force majors.

About Matches

Players will probably gather around the Ruins of Alph channel on PS or the Smogtours or PP servers, so idle on there if you want to catch them. Please play matches in the RBY OU tier following the RBY 1U (OverUsed) rules.

Invites:
    Kaz / Golden Gyarados / Tropical Teo / Ranshiin/ Teddeh / ErPeris replaced by Sceptross / stunner047 / Tzara / Linkin Karp / Mysterious M / Genesis7 / Disaster Area

Post in to confirm invitation or sign up for open qualifications

Deadline of confirming: Sunday 22nd April 23:59 GMT+3, sign ups deadline 24th April 23:59 GMT+3

1. Mister Tim
    2. Disaster Area
    3. Drud
    4. Alfredo Rivero
    5. Genesis7
    6. tjdaas
    7. ToadNorton
    8. Huston
    9. Marcop9923
    10. Newalfonquest
    11. SamuelBest

g1. Mister Tim 3 vs 2 tjdaas
    g2. Newalfonquest 3 vs 1 drud
    g3. ToadNorton 0 vs 3 Alfredo_Rivero
    g4. Marcop9923 3 vs 0 Huston
    g5. Djokra 3 vs 2 SamuelBest

winners of g4 and g5 plays extra round, winners of g1-g4 goes straight to next stage

marcop 1 vs 3 djokra

deadline is monday 30 april 23:59 gmt+3

Stage 1 round 1:

Stage 1 round 2

stage 1 round 3
    round 3
    2-0 winner goes to playoffs
    Kaz vs Linkin Karp
    Ranshiin vs Disaster Area

1-1

Genesis7 2 vs 0 Golden Gyarados
    tjdaas 0 vs 2 Tropical Teo
    Djokra 0 vs 2 Sceptross
    Mister Tim
    vs Newalfonquest

0-2 looser eliminates from tour

Alfredo_Rivero 0 vs 1 stunner047
    Mysterious M vs Tzara

stage 1 round 4
    2-1 winners goes to playoff
    Mister Tim vs Tropical Teo
    Linkin Karp vs Genesis7
    Ranshiin vs Sceptross

1-2 looser eliminates
    Golden Gyarados vs Djokra
    Newalfonquest vs tjdaas
    Tzara vs stunner047

possible game in meme formats
    Kaz vs Disaster Area

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    Linkin Karp and Sceptross like this.
  2. Mister Tim

Ranshiin likes this.
  3. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Fur and Power Member

ok since im not banned guess im in

EB0LA likes this.
  4. drud

drud Member

5. Alfredo_Rivero

Alfredo_Rivero Member

6. Mysterious M

Mysterious M Member

7. Genesis7

Genesis7 Host Emeritus

8. stunner047

stunner047 Member

confirming

9. Sceptross

Sceptross Leader

innerino

tjdaas and Linkin Karp like this.
  10. tjdaas

tjdaas Moderator

In it to hax!

11. ToadNorton

ToadNorton Member

12. ErPeris

ErPeris Do or do not. There is no try. Season Host

In
    Ussr hax

Linkin Karp likes this.
  13. Tropical Teo

Tropical Teo Member

14. EB0LA

EB0LA TOUR BANNED Member

Confirming.

15. Tzara

Tzara Member

in

Linkin Karp likes this.
  16. Linkin Karp

Linkin Karp 从来没有幸运,但有时橡胶鸭子。 Season Host

In and interesting list of invites but wtf is TIN doing there with us? He's just slightly below the banlist imo.

Also, intended?

17. Golden Gyarados

Golden Gyarados Moderator

In

EB0LA likes this.
  18. GGFan

GGFan Member

You forgot to add marco to the banlist.

19. Mister Tim

i have made it specially

20. Linkin Karp

Linkin Karp 从来没有幸运,但有时橡胶鸭子。 Season Host

FT5W is best of 9. I really hope you mean BO5/BO3 respectively. )))))

Disaster Area likes this.
  21. Huston

Huston Member

22. The Idiot Ninja

The Idiot Ninja "Sheer determination and desire to become better." Member

out

oh and @Karp:
    idk what i'm doing in the invites apparently proving that I can hold up against the SPL pool isn't good enough. i don't know what i'd have to do to get treated decently by this community but i had a season that started 4-1 and slowed down due to lack of focus, it could've easily gone to 8-2 or 7-3 with either more luck or more effort on my part, but apparently i only went 5-5 in The Most Stacked RBY Pool In SPL History™ and that's not enough to earn the slightest bit of respect from a large cut of this community. I figured that getting a proper 8 win SPL season has to wait at least a year anyway and this community just won't shut up about how I have "no game vision" or whatever old senile marco went on about in his threads, and now this 24/7 drunk imbecile rates me a tier below people I smacked to hell and back on multiple occasions exclusively because of community bias against me. The fact that GGFan is one of the very few people who actually respect me and my level of play really says a lot. I'm quitting RBY for a good while because this community has treated me like absolute shit for no reason other than envy and pride. I'd like it better if people were supportive of talent, new and old alike, but as a matter of fact this community is not, and I can't take this shit without getting demotivated.

TL;DR: Fuck you all, fuck this website, fuck this community, thanks to the three people who respect me you guys are decent humans and made my days more enjoyable. I'm done.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    Djokra and Linkin Karp like this.
  23. Kaz

Kaz Member

Lies !!!

I appreciate how you see me but I hate being overrated. Look at the two last weeks and you will understand. I would have enjoyed doing it if it wasn't during all teamtours going on.

24. Mister Tim

Yes it was hard decision, but you won few master tours so me and sceptross decided to add you to “too good for this tour players list”
    But after TIN(player which I respect) quit I can add you if you wanna

25. Marcop9923

Marcop9923 Member

I wanna play n00b

26. Sceptross

Sceptross Leader

Ok guys, I'm taking out my signup.

Basically, I'll start having much more work from now on for my thesis, I have a bunch of tours I am/will be in(MTs, RBY Cup, team tours, etc), and more importantly, my "obligations" as staff of RoA and PP (specially RoA) so I can't guarantee that I'll have time to play.

To avoid me getting into a situation of almost burnout (as it happened to me in the last Invitational Tour, I was in like 8 tournaments at the time so I couldn't dedicate the time I wanted to it) I'm taking out my signup.

Sorry guys (and specially you Mister Tim). I still appreciate the invite though :(

MetalGross, tjdaas, Djokra and 4 others like this.
  27. Mister Tim

Champion Kaz joined party!

28. Newalfonquest

Newalfonquest Member

29. Ranshiin

Ranshiin Member

confirming

30. Mister Tim

31. SamuelBest

SamuelBest Fucking lucky and fucking bad Season Host

32. Mister Tim

Ebola got tourbanned, I’m not sure that he can participate this, Disaster Area can answer this I think
    Genesis7 will replace Ebola if he can’t prticipate
    Brackets this evening

Linkin Karp likes this.
  33. marcoasd

marcoasd Host Emeritus

Of course the community has no respect for you: it has better examples of guys who got it done and are still humble.
    Being invited to this tournament is a dishonor for His Grace no-individual-accomplishment-whatsoever The Idiot Ninja! Pathetic. Learn from Kaz (read his post) and Roudolf: better guys and better players which happens to be a consequence to some degree, I guess.
    Learn, compete, get it done, pass the torch, then talk (maybe).
    Drunk imbecile? None of your business first of all and untrue also, show some respect you spoiled narcissistic punk.
    Be back grown up, this version won't be missed.

34. Djokra

Djokra Member

in x:

35. Mister Tim

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  36. Mister Tim

37. Bedschibaer

Bedschibaer Member

TIN: HOLY SHIT WHY WON'T PEOPLE RESPECT ME
    TIN in the same post: disrespects people who have accomplished more than him.
    You gotta see the irony in this yourself, right?

I am actually curious what you think this "hueg community bias" against you is and why this is so important. You do realize the "talent" how you call it is just all about perception, right? Hell, I could ask you right now what you think of me as a player and it will be vastly different from what your average dude on PP thinks (I am not going to ask because your dudes on wolfpack leak logs for days lmao). The same way like you talk about other players, other players talk about you. That is just a reality of any internet community ever. No doubt you play good rby, but what do you expect exactly? Getting pampered over a neutral run in a tournament? There's always gonna be haters, there's always gonna be justified and unjustified criticism but at the end of the day I just wonder how that can matter so much to someone that he quits the game over it. This is a tournament with a trolly and non-serious premise and you legit got a melty over being invited to this or being not ranked high enough to your likings on someone's list of pokemon players online who you think is an imbecile anyways.

Let's be real, you haven't accomplished as much as players before you did, just flat out. Doesn't mean you are a bad player but the fact that you feel entitled to praise instead of working on proving these people wrong by having actual long-term success like the senile marco does speak volumes about your attitude as a competitor. "it could've easily gone to 8-2 or 7-3 with either more luck or more effort on my part" you say this but opt out of actually having good runs. Go win a master tournament, there's many. Even I could win one and I am a brainlet! We have many talented players on this website, but what separates the cream from the crop is consistent results that back you up. You can't say you have what it takes and then just refuse to show that you have what it takes while expecting people to hold you in high regards. You can say you have won against the top players, but guess what, over the course of time many people have. That's the great thing about this rby community, the competition is tough and if you want "praise and glory" you have a long road ahead of you. If you just want respect maybe treating others with respect would be a good start though.

obligatory: See you next month

MetalGross, Teddeh, ALLALA and 14 others like this.
  38. tjdaas

tjdaas Moderator

Lost to Mister Tim 2-3 ggs, hax filled as usual for me xd!

39. SamuelBest

SamuelBest Fucking lucky and fucking bad Season Host

Lost 2-3 in what I think was my worst ever rby set ever, got completly BS'd 4 out of 5 games in such a way that is beyond me.

Djokra and tjdaas like this.
  40. Djokra

Djokra Member

Won vs SamuelBest in 5 games in which the only GGs were the ones he won ;/

drud and tjdaas like this.
  41. The Idiot Ninja

The Idiot Ninja "Sheer determination and desire to become better." Member

not happening mate

and yea i have no issues with wolfpack people leaking logs to you, as you can see i have no issues saying the exact same things openly. i have no issues speaking my mind and never will. for instance, my honest full opinion on user Bedschibaer: slightly overrated, annoying attitude from time to time but i can live with it, overall a decent guy and currently a top 15 player. don't mind him being around, especially because his jynx fetishes are free wins for me. (if I still played rby, which I don't)

to address the only other thing I care about addressing in your replies: "I just wonder how [unjustified criticism] can matter so much to someone that he quits the game over it." simply put, i'm fairly thin skinned (as I'm sure you've figured out by now) and I've never reacted well to unjustified criticism in life as a whole. translates to mons as well naturally. i'll admit that with no problems, but that's all of my faults right there. i didn't dare "disrespect people who achieved more" until the people who achieved more (and got stomped in spl sets by yours truly) still gave me shit for absolutely no reason. i have the utmost respect for strong players, you lose that respect the exact moment you think it gives you the right to shit on anyone and everyone. you don't get to sit on your pedestal and say what you want just because of your past accomplishments. the fact that it's allowed to happen, and even praised (but of course, anything that comes out of marco's mouth is the absolute truth on this website), just doesn't sit well with me at all. my post was an overreaction, sure, but the baseline feeling remains. and i don't want to stick around in a community made of marcoasd + marcoasd cocksuckers + me. i hope this answers your question.

ThrashNinjax likes this.
  42. marcoasd

marcoasd Host Emeritus

This is getting more and more childish as it goes on.
    You think you're talented because you can spam things that others don't feel like using, but that doesn't make you talented or innovator or whatever you think you are in your ignorance.
    There are many kinds of talent, but I didn't notice any so far because you didn't work hard on learning - I don't have grudges against newcomers which I don't shit on: Roudolf and Kaz worked hard and talented or not, they came out and got it done. Their talent was to come in, understand what they needed to do to learn, compete and come back when they lost and get it done.
    Keep jerking off on that "talented" label and you'll be a joke forever.
    Even more, I can rate players because I saw a bazillion of those during my time RBYing.
    You didn't stomp me at all and winning spare games using weird stuff doesn't make you the legend or the innovator you think you are (hai ancora tante pagnotte da mangiare prima di avere il permesso per portarmi le borse).
    Everyone here can claim they beat me at some point, as Beds said - the fact you're using it as your throphy says a lot, as I don't even remember how many times I schooled your sorry ass.

"This is my attitude, so that's my fault" > recives criticism for that > rages.
    If I were your dad, I would be jailed for violence. I don't really want to walk in his shoes and he has my symphathy.
    You didn't join this tournament, but you ultimately couldn't win it last time. Winning a tournament's never easy - you should know that.
    You should apologize and join, but ErPeris or one of the many MT runner-ups joining the tournament (and not feeling dishonored) would own your arrogant ass this time, so I understand why you didn't join.

Show some respect, spoiled kid.

43. Marcop9923

Marcop9923 Member

The axis powers have turned against each other our time is now @mrtim

EB0LA likes this.
  44. ToadNorton

ToadNorton Member

lost in 3 ggs

45. Alfredo_Rivero

Alfredo_Rivero Member

Won 3-0 ggs.

46. ALLALA