1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. Also, let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Community How I'll Run Things and Changes I Plan to Make

Discussion in 'ADV OU Seasons' started by CALLOUS, Apr 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CALLOUS

CALLOUS YouTube.com/CALLOUSnarrates Member

So as some of you may know, I've been selected via slight financial bribery and filthy, filthy sexual favors from me to Disaster Area to the position of Tournament Organizer starting with the upcoming 4th season of ADV Master Tours and hopefully for a long time to come too. I have a lot of years worth of tournament organization experience in other games and am very confident I can run these tournaments the right way and create a smooth, organized experience that is entirely and equally fair to all.

Let me summarize my general philosophy for running these events and some of the things I plan to do-

1. The first rule of CALLOUS running ADV Master Tournaments is- you do not talk about CALLOUS running ADV Master Tournaments.

2. The second rule of CALLOUS running ADV Master Tournaments is- you DO NOT TALK about CALLOUS running ADV Master Tournaments!

I know you're all young and cultureless, but someone please tell me you got that reference...

Anyway, here are some actual things I believe and plan to do...

-Transparency-

I plan on communicating very openly and clearly with my players. I plan on assigning clear deadlines, making clear rulings and always communicating in a public place whenever a big decision is made. I don't want any shady things happening behind closed doors and I want everyone involved in the event to have full access to everything that is going on at all times. You guys won't be kept in the dark.

-Integrity/Fair Play/Equal Opportunity-

It's absolutely paramount that random pairings truly are random, rulings are made entirely objectively and conflicts of interest are avoided at all costs. I am not afraid for a second to rule against my friends or teammates and I'll not be giving anyone special treatment. Luckily, there will be very few instances where I even have to make a judgment call because I plan to write out clear rules and procedures beforehand and when things come up we'll simply follow the procedure. Bottom line- the events need to be completely fair to everyone involved and no one will have special treatment.

-Making, and Enforcing, Clear Rules-

I think one of the biggest problems with previous iterations of these events has been inactivity, extensions and the events simply dragging on forever. I also feel that other PP tournaments rely far too heavily on the "honor system" or on giving people the benefit of the doubt that they have good intentions and are not trying to cheat. I strongly disagree with that philosophy. I feel it is the responsibility of the rule-maker to prevent actions which give an unfair advantage to an individual or team from being possible in the first place. That way we're not playing games and guessing as to whether or not someone had good intentions. I played on the Magic the Gathering Pro Tour for a number of years and I've also been heavily involved in poker at a professional level and I assure you, while admitting that online competitive Pokemon is certainly not professional Magic or professional poker, cheaters and scumbags are absolutely everywhere and people will do every ridiculous and shady thing you can possibly imagine to gain even the slightest advantage. And if you think that cheating/ghosting/other shady activity does not go on- a lot- in competitive Pokemon, I can tell you with certainty you are absolutely delusional. To combat this, I'm going to make clear rules and clear deadlines in my events and I'm going to enforce them. I will give you a perfectly reasonable amount of time to play your round and as such I will seldom give out extensions. I'll very rarely make exceptions to event rules because they're fair and reasonable and thorough and there isn't any good reason not to follow them in the overwhelming majority of cases.

Other Rules I'm Considering-

1. BKC can only bring 5 Pokemon. Just too good with 6.

2. Ban Disaster Area, Sunny, Thrash Ninja and Ibidem from all tournaments because reasons.

3. Automatic UD vs Bomber pairing in the first round of every tournament indefinitely. This will occur randomly of course and if it happens to fall this way for every single tournament I ever host it's just a coincidence!

4. Anyone who brings any of the following- Umbreon, Smeargle, CB Jirachi, double Sand Veil, any team made by Disaster Area, Baton Pass chains, Perish Trap Gengar/Misdreavus- is disqualified and banned forever.

5. You must subscribe to the CALLOUS Narrates YouTube channel and pledge to remain subscribed indefinitely in order to participate.

I'll let you know if and when any of those take effect... :)

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have about my philosophy and how I plan to run things and I'll be sure to answer. Here's to smooth sailing and great events!

2. eden's embrace

eden's embrace YOU ARE MY DESTINY Host Emeritus

will we occasionally have other events like the international league from last year?

3. ThrashNinjax

ThrashNinjax Lets take to the Skies Host Emeritus

Who needs real qualifications these days?

As a veteran of Fight Club I will gladly end you.

Wonder what I did to merit this.....

This must be it.

Agreed, above mons are garbage and deserve to be banned.

*clicks unsubscribe*

*takes a deep breath*

On a more serious note, me being replaced was probably the best outcome since having my final exams within a month means I can't devote as much time to hosting seasons, and trying to juggle it with school and my parents led to problems which snowballed (also hypocrites on the site were happy to knife me in the back over situations which they would have excused themselves for, but whatever).

I've spoken to Disaster Area about my future in this forum, and I'm hopeful that I can take on some semi-important capacity in the future when I have more free time, even if not I will continue as a player (I'm getting that MT win if it kills me). I wish CALLOUS the best in his new role and urge everyone in this subforum to support him as the new esteemed Host.

Edit: I wrote this entire thing on my phone, because, again, parents are evil. Hope you appreciate it bop.

Lycomedes and Paraplegic like this.
  4. Enigami

Enigami Moderator

Am I fine if I bring DragonPass Smeargle, or does that get me banned forever too?

5. Ibidem

Ibidem Member

That's all I can tell about you Mr. Noobllous.

Attached Files:

6. CALLOUS

That won't be up to me, but if we do I'd be happy to host it and I'm confident in my ability to run it smoothly.

7. CALLOUS

ALL Smeargle result in the ban hammer!

Enigami likes this.
  8. eden's embrace

eden's embrace YOU ARE MY DESTINY Host Emeritus

can i run my ninjask+mag baton pass team :3

9. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Fur and Power Leader

... Aaaaactually that's not entirely true. I'll post in the thread later today the exact method of pairing players; after this season we have player rankings and therefore we can do seeding.

Besides that, looks good.

Yeah.

Every season will have 3 Master Tournaments.
    World Championship is in the middle of the autumn/winter season (so around October - look out for this one, it's a biggie! You want to be the best ADV player in the world? Join this tour.) - in fact please, encourage great players who don't use the site yet to compete even if it's just in this tournament. Someone should get undisputed involved and I might be able to grab Asta...
    International League will happen... some time, idk yet.
    I'm hosting an ADV Ladder Tour after PPL 2 is over (to be called Dewford Cup). There won't be season points, but there will be medals which can be earn both in the laddering and elimination phases.
    Also, the annual team tournaments WCoPP and PPL will obviously include ADV.
    And Final Cup is one where we determine who is the best across 7 tiers, with season points being used for qualification.

---

Also, tier-wise we need to review Baton Pass some time, that's on my to-do list.

10. CALLOUS

Yes, I understand the seeding and byes. The point I was making is that I will use random.org to determine pairings and I will never fix/rig pairings in any way to hook up my friends or make it difficult for people I do not like. Anything that should be entirely random will, in fact, be entirely random with me.

Disaster Area likes this.
  11. GGFan

GGFan Member

Good times.

SaDiSTiCNarwhal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.