1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Ongoing GSC OU Master Tournament #33

Discussion in 'GSC OU Seasons' started by FriendOfMrGolem120, Apr 8, 2019.

1. FriendOfMrGolem120

FriendOfMrGolem120 aka. "FOMG" Moderator

Reminder: Every series is first to 2 wins!

Round 1

1. sulcata vs dnite
    2. neomon vs alpha male psyduck
    3. Diophantine vs Beelzemon 2003
    4. HK-Ssi vs HML am
    5. Lojh vs NaCl
    6. Oibaf vs LUX
    Round 2

1. sulcata vs alpha male psyduck
    2. Beelzemon 2003 vs HML am
    3. Lojh vs Oibaf
    Finals

1. Oibaf vs HML am
    2. Oibaf vs sulcata
    3. HML am vs sulcata

(no rule changes since the last Master Tournament/signup thread of this tour, if you already know them, you don't need to read them again)

Seeding

Seeding is done using Player Rankings #8. Any player who does not get an opportunity to play in this tournament is guaranteed a spot in the next one.

Ties

Any matches which result in a tie are ignored.

2 Points are awarded for completing a round. Every battle victory in a series which you lose contributes 1 point.

About Simulators

Both Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown are considered suitable simulators for the tournament. If players cannot agree upon which simulator to play, the default will be Pokemon Showdown. Pokemon Perfect has its own server which is the most recommended place to play games.

Deadlines

Any matches not played by the deadline are subject to activity calls by the host, namely, may be coin flipped or result in an activity win being granted to a player who has made greater effort to ensure that the game is played. Additionally, any player deemed inactive can be substituted out at the contact deadline.

Both forum and simulator activity are taken into account in order to determine whether a player has made the required effort in the situation of an unplayed match. It is each player's own responsibility to make the host aware of activity in other places like Smogon or Discord, for example by posting in the thread, or by contacting me on Discord (FriendOfMrGolem120#4448).

Only minimal extensions will be granted in the case that both players already agreed on a time that lies at most 48 hours past the deadline. Exceptions will only be made in case of force majeure.

Any calls I make in specific games can be contested for 24 hours. If no objection is made during that time, the decision is final and will not be changed.

The final deadline for the finals is Monday, 29th April 10pm GMT+2.

Substitutes:
    1. LUX
    2. FriendOfMrGolem120

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019 at 7:20 PM
  2. Maya

Maya Member

lol

Lojh and Disaster Area like this.
  3. Lojh

Lojh Above Average GSCer Member

Won 2-1 in three “battles”

Sorry chief

4. FriendOfMrGolem120

bunny hasn't logged into pokemon perfect this month and not replied to their opponent yet and thus will be subbed out for LUX. Oibaf, you have a new opponent. If you both need an extension let me know.

5. alpha male psyduck

alpha male psyduck Member

I won against Neomon 2-1. GGs.

6. Lojh

Oof
    “gonna try to win this time around”
    Sentences uttered before complete and utter destruction

7. HML am

HML am Member

won 2-0, ggs.

HK-Ssi likes this.
  8. FriendOfMrGolem120

dnite missed the scheduled time vs Sulcata and has not shown any attempt to reschedule. Activity win to Sulcata

Due to LUX being subbed in, he and Oibaf get an extension until *sighs* Thursday. If you both really don't find a time on Wednesday, please at least already contact Lojh and tell him when either of you is likely available in case you advance so that your scheduling for the next round can be very smoothly.

Beelzemon 2003 and Diophantine have 24 hours from now on to agree to a time and tell it to me and/or send me evidence that you tried to get the game done in form of links to smogon profiles, adding me to your PM convo on smogon, screenshots of Discord PMs or similar. You had 7 days and I don't know if either of you offered any time besides "I could play now". I really don't want to flip or give activity wins in small tours like this one but scheduling shouldn't be that difficult. I can understand when you are busy and don't find a time that works for both of you, but at least you need to show that you want to get this series done in a way that I can see it.

9. FriendOfMrGolem120

Since you both couldn't tell me when you will play the game and it is 24 hours past the initial deadline and neither of you showed good scheduling attempts, I decided to coinflip the outcome. I don't want to give you another extension not knowing if you both randomly encounter each other tomorrow.
    coinflip.PNG
    This pick was done in the PP server Lobby.
    HML am, your next opponent is Beelzemon 2003.

The final deadline for the second round is Wednesday, 24th April 10pm GMT+2. Small extensions will be granted if you schedule properly but can't find an earlier time that works for both of you.

10. FriendOfMrGolem120

LUX missed the scheduled time and since that pairing was already one round behind the others, I can't give another extension. Oibaf wins by activity. Lojh, you have an opponent!

11. Oibaf

Oibaf Member

won 2-0 vs lojh, ggs

12. Lojh

13. HML am

HML am Member

14. sulcata

sulcata sulcata#9465 Member

won 2-0 vs amp, ggs

alpha male psyduck likes this.