1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. Also, let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Community GSC is fun

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Costa, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Costa

Costa Member

Hi all, long-time competitive player/ladder god looking to start doing SPL/WCup GSC, and I hope this is the best place to learn. You may have seen me under the RS tags in Gen 5, or the first person to ever break 2000 ELO on Showdown.

I've been playing a bunch on the GSC ladder on:
    Stoch
    Stoch2
    OhMyKatyPerry
    ...and a bunch of other tags I've forgotten the log-in info to.

I'm looking for discord chats where people want to spitball builds and play some games, so if you're interested in a new perspective, please reach out to me.

2. sceptross

sceptross Member

Hey, you did introduce yourself, awesome!

You'll definitely find good GSC players here, lots of ladderers you might be used to play too (tagging FriendOfMrGolem120, Ariel Rebel and sulcata because you probably played multiple alts of theirs on ladder already xD).

The GSC tournament scene here is still trying to kick-off, unlike the other gens that already have an established playerbase in terms of quantity. It's a matter of time, in my opinion, to be honest, as more and more GSC players are coming here for games, we just need to keep the influx coming :p

I hope that doesn't detract you from PP though, there is already a lot of quality here, as you can easily see!

Costa and Disaster Area like this.
  3. Costa

Costa Member

Well in the meantime if any teams need someone for Gen 5/6 I'm more than happy to play, I just want to focus on GSC :)

4. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Fur and Power Leader

Hey, great to have you. If you're looking for discord chats, PP has one: Discord and there's also a GSC-specific one (not active at the moment, however you can try and get it to be more active) Discord

Costa likes this.
  5. Ariel Rebel

Ariel Rebel #1 rsutton23 Fan Member

Cool. Nice to see you here. We had a brief discussion about one of my favorite GSC teams.

I suspected OhMyKatyPerry was a good player on an alt. And I guess this answers one of my questions from way back when, which was "who is Stoch?"

I am down for some GSC every now and then, but I often just spectate. You'll see me on my L.W. alt most of the time for now.

Costa likes this.
  6. sulcata

sulcata Member

pkm is bad, dont play it. gsc is especially bad, especially dont play it. also welcome : )

7. Contact

Contact Under The Sea Member

Where is my dislike option? :/