1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Community EB0LA has been banned indefinitely

Discussion in 'News' started by Sceptross, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Sceptross

Sceptross Leader

Following the recent events, where EB0LA has repeatedly tried to evade his ban, the administration of the website decided to ban EB0LA from accessing Pokemon Perfect and all of its official media for an indeterminate amount of time.

Christos, GGFan, HSOWA and 5 others like this.
  2. Chrysalis

Chrysalis finish line Season Host

3. Lutra

Lutra Site Founder Owner

Please report to us if he further evades his bans.

GGFan and Sceptross like this.
  4. SamuelBest

SamuelBest Sleepless Weeb Season Host

Skeptics!
    Ninjax!
    and
    Eb0la!

Together we form...
    a pretty unintelligent being

5. ErPeris

ErPeris Do or do not. There is no try. Season Host

GGFan and Chrysalis like this.
  6. Eseque

Eseque Host Emeritus

7. GGFan

GGFan Member

Add ABR into the mix and we'll have an intergalactic sup--stupid being on our hands.

Also, great call by administration. This type of punishment should only be given to sure-fire recidivists, which Ebola most certainly is. He doesn't gain even a sliver of sympathy from me, as somebody as toxic, childish, and belligerent as him will be welcome with open arms in another, shall we say, "poison" environment.

OH, HO HO HO HO HO HO HOOOOOOOO!

8. The Idiot Ninja

The Idiot Ninja Member

he was a good pokemon player. alas

Disaster Area likes this.
  9. SamuelBest

define "good"

Chrysalis likes this.
  10. The Idiot Ninja

The Idiot Ninja Member

took games off of the best players, you wouldnt expect him to take the full sets more often than not but that's still above average and with some more work there was potential for a top class player in him

he had interesting thoughts and ways to look at rby ou, i had the pleasure of discussing metagame with him on one or two occasions and i learned a few things from the ways he explained himself to me

i know it's cool and funky to bandwagon on the hate train now that he's banned but i still think it's a genuine shame things couldn't be sorted out more peacefully. although of course he's largely to blame for that, but it doesnt make it any less of a loss for the community from a strict playing and metagaming point of view

Disaster Area and Lusch like this.
  11. GGFan

GGFan Member

Trolling and harassing others on a constant basis, hurling racist insults, never taking accountability for your actions and instead playing the internet version of "Where's Waldo?" like a buffoon, playing a simple tier for two years yet accomplishing next to nothing other than managing to get (justifiably) ostracized from one of the most relaxed organizations in existence that committed no wrong to you, and receiving childish exhortations from trolls who give your terribly unfunny messages a "like" out of some petty vendetta or bias against this site, or for other equally stupid reasons.

He was too good for Pokémon Perfect, obviously. Indeed, Ebola joins the likes of Konzern and Ninjax as one of the greatest of all time.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    SamuelBest and Chrysalis like this.
  12. SamuelBest

Means nothing.
    I can take some rby games off of really talented people too but I wouldn't say that's a strong point to call myself any less bad at rby if I've never accomplished anything/won a full set against said players.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    Chrysalis likes this.
  13. The Idiot Ninja

The Idiot Ninja Member

it does mean nothing if you pick out the one sentence and remove the context that makes it mean something, yes

i'm not gonna care to stop your hate boner but i'm not gonna join in either

14. SamuelBest

whilst I do admit that I'm purposedly overexaggerating this situation, I will stand by what I said in saying that even with the complete sentence it wouldn't have changed what I wanted to say. Potential maybe, above average, not. Unfortunately for him his way of thinking was clearly not in any way meant for progress.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    Chrysalis likes this.
  15. GGFan

GGFan Member

There are at least--at least--15-20 players I'd rather choose over Ebola, and not just because of these players' competence in the tier.

Nothing of value was lost. Even I, somebody who has played this tier longer than anybody in its history, admit that RBY is the easiest OU tier to learn. Being able to take a set off against the best players means little when you realize that the structure of the metagame allows for very little margin for error. All it takes is one freeze, one Sleep Powder miss, one full paralysis, or even one 1/256 to lose a game that was otherwise in the bag. Also, we're now in the era of scouting, ghosting, and team tournaments, so it's become easier than ever before to prepare for games and throw opponents off guard.

Now, factor in Ebola's immaturity and penchant for mischief and we have somebody who is useless (at least on Pokémon Perfect. I presume he has a few fans on Smogon, since some people there embrace these types of belligerent idiots) . The only shame I see is that he was initially given just another six-month ban for his repeated offenses--it should have been a year at first. In an ideal world he would be contrite and reflect on his actions, but this is Pokémon on the internet, so he'll continue to hold his petty and empty grudge against people and a site that have done nothing to do him other than give him an opportunity because this is how angry children behave.

If people dislike Ebola, it has nothing to do with joining some kind of imaginary bandwagon. His sordid reputation was earned from consistent trolling, harassment, and even racist language. Nothing of value was lost.

Chrysalis likes this.
  16. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Fur and Power Member

would like to say both people hating eb0la for what he's done and people acknowledging his abilities in RBY OU are right cos
    1) his behaviour is intentionally trollish and has been for a long time
    2) he is a decent rbyer with some definite potential

I don't blame the auths for handling it this way, the blame lies with EB0LA for persistently acting out... I know he knew of the possible consequences. Ultimately it's up to him if he thinks being a troll is a better thing to do than to be a competitive rbyer on this forum.

He could change his ways and deserve to be allowed back on the forum, but it'll take a lot of time (several months imo) of him showing that he is serious about the game and not a troll any more for that to happen.

DarkCyborg likes this.
  17. SamuelBest

1)Yes, and that is a reason to hate him less? (Which is a thing I'm not even doing, I'm just being truthfully harsh, and considering I didn't have anything personal against eb0la I would have done with anyone in the same situation/with the same behavior as him)
    If anything it proves how childish he is.

2)I've said in my post that I don't doubt that he had potential, I just said he didn't have the capabilities to make use of it.

If after that you really wanna bring him back I really think you should probably think of what he has done, but then again, you probably wouldn't have banned him at all.
    Personally, I'll accept him unbanned the day Jesus Fucking Christ knocks on my door asking if I want to play GSC with him.

Chrysalis likes this.
  18. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Fur and Power Member

It isn't a reason to hate him less. I didn't say it was?
    it's on him to behave properly for a long time if he wants to bring himself back

19. SamuelBest

I've definitely missread that part a little bit (as in, I had seen that phrase as two different things, making it seem as if you were defending it), so my fault on that one.

Disaster Area likes this.