1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. Also, let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Community Does anyone else get this level of maturity on ladder?

Discussion in 'Chat' started by TuffHunter, Jan 5, 2018.

1. TuffHunter

TuffHunter Member

Screenshot attached and link of the replay that prompted it: [Gen 1] OU replay: TuffHunter vs. Fund Manager - Pokémon Showdown

I feel like I should rename my team “Butt Hurt Much?” because it prompts this response quite a bit. The majority of players (especially those on here) are great and just deal with it, say GG or say my strategy is annoying or no fun to play against; which is fine. But quite a few do this bs :/

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  2. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Fur and Power Leader

lmao, no I don't get it, cos god bless being permalocked :)

3. SaDiSTiCNarwhal

SaDiSTiCNarwhal Member

Using Dnite is at the same level as using stall in current gen

4. Enigami

Enigami Moderator

Such salt.

He (presumably he) had absolutely no good reason to complain, he chose a very non-standard team that left him wide open to partial trapping when he could've just used a standard team with Tauros over Persian and either Starmie or Zam over Hypno which would've been able to deal with Cloy/Drag just fine. Obviously a kid/bad player, he should've understood that Dragonite devours his team and let it be/forfeit if he didn't want to play out a terrible matchup.

5. Troller

Troller From Marcoasd's DNA Member

I never went to parents insults but i clearly remember back when there was that dewford cup 4 weeks of ladder thing (here on pp), i got super salty because i kept finding wrappers on ladder. It's easy to judge now but why don't you all try to put in his shoes? He is deadly wrong but playing against wrap is in fact frustrating and super boring. Quitting if you are for any reason trying to get points because the opponent decided to put away mindgames to spam wrap can get on nerves.

Nobody is perfect and this thread has no sense.

melle2402 and Linkin Karp like this.
  6. TuffHunter

TuffHunter Member

I already said I am perfectly fine with people being annoyed by my wrap team but it is the screenshot of the private message afterwards that prompted this topic. Especially after the f bomb etc during game.

7. Troller

Troller From Marcoasd's DNA Member

I don't know what did you expected from him but replying "butthurt" to someone raging is very stupid, mad people can say anything and counter attacking is only making it worse. You pushed the button, no matter how much he is stupid/childish you have some fault too, next time try to ignore.

melle2402, Linkin Karp and TuffHunter like this.
  8. TuffHunter

TuffHunter Member

I usually ignore it but the button was already pushed considering he was messaging me. Sometimes you just gotta poke back a little and see what kind of people they are ;)

EmmaTheOnly likes this.
  9. Raish

Raish Member

I got luck combined with a number of big predictions, and this guy said I didn't deserve to win and knew it

"

☆Hexagon:LOL
    ☆Hexagon:still no
    ☆Hexagon:para
    ☆Raish:and the 21.75% on that range
    ☆Hexagon:im done
    Hexagon has 135 seconds left.
    Raish has 135 seconds left.
    ☆Hexagon:really
    ☆Hexagon:im done
    ☆Hexagon:you didnt deserve this at all
    ☆Hexagon:and you know it
    Hexagon forfeited.

Raish won the battle!
    ☆Raish:wow I don't appreciate that comment
    Ladder updating...
    ☆Hexagon left.
    "

"
    [14:12]Raish:There's a big difference between having luck and not deserving to win, and what you said was incredibly disrespectful
    [14:12]Raish:Even though the luck was waaaay on my side, I still outplayed a bunch of times too
    [14:12]Hexagon:leave me alone
    [14:12]Raish:like getting the sleep on lax when you could have switched to chansey
    [14:12]Raish:ok I will
    [14:12]Raish:but had to say my part
    [14:12]Raish:because you were mean to me first
    [14:12]Hexagon:facts arent mean. if they piss you off, go look in a mirror
    [14:13]Hexagon:leave me alone
    "

Nah this level of rudeness is pretty par for the course when you're not dealing with top players, although there are plenty of respectful newer players as well

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018