1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. Also, let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

ORAS 1U (Universal) Council

Discussion in 'Tiers' started by Disaster Area, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Fur and Power Leader

The ORAS 1U Council lead the tier, and are in charge of promoting the tier, leading discussion, managing tournaments, as well as being in charge of the suspect process. They will in due course also decide what Pokémon are members of the tier, and what ones will be legal in the tier below it (2U, although some members may be banned to 2P).

The members in no particular order:

Disaster Area - Playing Ubers throughout XY, in the era where the tier was the closest-resembling Smogon metagame to ORAS 1U on Pokemon Perfect. Was a driver in PS's Ubers room, and went 3-2 in XY Ubers in UPL 3. Had the idea for ORAS 1U after seeing how it would be a more diverse and, in his view, interesting metagame than that which Smogon's ORAS Ubers had become. Although most of his competitive focus nowadays is upon RBY 1U, he very much enjoys ORAS 1U (particularly teambuilding) and is looking forward to the growth in the tier and of the site.

haxiom - I began playing Pokemon competitively in the XY era, during which I developed as both a player and teambuilder. I began rating teams when I started, and I rated a ton of Ubers teams, with 250+ posts in the ORAS Other Teams subforum by the time I became an official Team Rater. I'm now an RMT Moderator on Smogon, as well as a Room Owner (#) of the RMT room and a Moderator (@) of the Ubers room on PS!. I've also written 13+ Ubers analyses. I was brought to ORAS 1U (at the time, referred to as PP ORAS) by Piexplode early on, where I built a bunch of teams and used them to win the first PP ORAS tournament; I am also in the finals of the second PP ORAS Tournament. I really like the ORAS 1U tier because it's quite balanced and offense isn't nearly as overwhelming as it is in regular ORAS. It's kinda like XY plus Latias, Latios, Mega Sableye, and Mega Diancie, minus Shadow Tag, and is a really fun and diverse metagame.

Outrage - Initially an OU player on Pokemon Online I decided to make a clan shortly after joining Competitive Pokemon. I lead this clan to good success over a year reaching 100 active members and winning all the wars against other clans. During this time (XY era) I decided to start playing Ubers and I really liked it. I started improving very quickly and topped the ladder in just 3 months. I did that multiple times, with different teams and over long periods. In December 2014, I came to PS to make a name for myself I topped the ladder multiple times too and for 3 months. I got noticed and bought for UPL where I got the best Oras Ubers record 5-2 and won it which increased my popularity. Now, I'm mainly popular for my teambuilding which I think I'm improving at constantly.

WreckDra - I ended up starting to play Ubers in late 2010; right before PO became a thing. I branched to OU and NU in BW1 but ended up being dead through most of BW2. I will never claim to be any good at playing until recently though with UPL exposing me to Hack and Outrage who ended up helping to pull my bearings together. During my time in BW1 NU I found myself trying out really weird gimmicks such as Fake Out + Last Resort Persian among gems like random Copy Cat mons and random Meganium teams. During this years UPL I tried my very best help out the team with ideas and such but only had one very convincing victory and two losses thanks to chokes. I am currently participating in POCL in order to put what I have learned to the grindstone. In this tier, I am a strong believer that Sableye + Ho-Oh might be a bit too strong for the tier; we shall see in the near future.

Starmei - Started playing Ubers during XY which is very similar to ORAS 1U. Voiced user in the Ubers room for about 1 and a half years, Moderator of the Competitive Tutoring room. I play both ORAS Ubers and ORAS OU. Disaster Area introduced me to ORAS 1U and since then I've been very interested in it. I find that ORAS 1U is a nice mix between XY Ubers and ORAS Ubers but without some of the most threatening/centralising Pokemon like Primal Groudon. I find that it makes a much more enjoyable metagame and my primary focus is to encourage more people into giving it a try

Malley - "For a long while I only played regular ORAS Ubers. I was pretty good, but eventually I started having nightmares about Mega Mence and decided the tier itself was too shit. Around that time I found PP Ubers, entered the first tour, and got to the final before losing 1-3 to Haxiom. Since then I’ve got more involved in the PP scene, taking on leadership of the GP team, and losing in the semi-finals of the second tour to Outrage. I’m still a filthy Smogonite, but I’m glad to be a part of this tier.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
    Starmei likes this.
  2. Disaster Area

Starmei has been alumni'd due to quitting Pokémon.

3. Disaster Area

Malley for the same reason n_n

If anyone is interested in joining the council, please pm me.

4. Disaster Area

Starmei has returned and is being re-instated to the council.