1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. Also, let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY OU Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Event CALLOUS Invitational Tournament

Discussion in 'Tournaments' started by CALLOUS, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Fakes

Fakes Member

2. CALLOUS

CALLOUS YouTube.com/CALLOUSnarrates Member

Next round is simply a three way pairing between autumn leaves thelinearcurve Fakes so you guys can get to it whenever. You're each to play both of the other players in bo3s and we'll drop the bottom guy. Game count will be used for a tiebreaker and if it's still a tie we'll repeat bo1s until someone is out.

Also, still waiting on Nails and M Dragon but they should play early in this coming week. I'll make it official when I'm not at work and not in my phone but you three might as well get in touch with each other and start making arrangements to play!

3. M Dragon

M Dragon Member

Nails was not able to play this weekend because he was at a VGC event.
    We will battle next week

CALLOUS likes this.
  4. CALLOUS

As stated previously, round six is merely autumn leaves vs thelinearcurve vs Fakes and that pairing is now official.

Also, Nails and M Dragon still need to play for the previous round and have this week, with sooner than later strongly preferred, to do so.

These pairings are live and will be added into the OP. Good luck to all. :)

5. thelinearcurve

thelinearcurve Member

6. autumn leaves

autumn leaves Member

man I am tired of adv/pokemon

gg

7. CALLOUS

You're not out yet though. It's a three way pairing and you took a game vs Linear, which will help in a tiebreaker situation.

Linkin Karp likes this.
  8. autumn leaves

autumn leaves Member

I know, I have just not been enjoying playing the tier lately

9. autumn leaves

autumn leaves Member

10. Fakes

Fakes Member

11. CALLOUS

well, the 2-0 is good because now, no matter what, you guys cannot tie, which as far as im concerned is a positive thing. once fakes and linear play we'll have a result, period. :)

12. CALLOUS

Simplifying the situation with the three way pairing, here's where we're at for anyone potentially confused-

Linear defeated BKC 2-1
    BKC defeated Fakes 2-0

Linear vs Fakes is yet to happen.

Here are the possible outcomes of the final match and their results-

Linear defeats Fakes by any score-

We have a clear result in this instance- Linear won both matches, BKC won one and lost one and Fakes lost both.

Fakes is eliminated.

Fakes defeats Linear 2-1-

In this case all players went 1-1 in matches so we look at the game count. BKC would be 3-2 in games, Linear would be 3-2 in games and Fakes would be 2-3 in games.

Fakes is eliminated.

Fakes defeats Linear 2-0-

Again all players went 1-1 in matches so we look at the game count. BKC would be 3-2 in games, Fakes would be 2-2 in games and Linear would be 2-3 in games.

Linear is eliminated.

In summary-

BKC is mathematically safe from elimination this round no matter what. Fakes must win 2-0 against Linear in order to knock him out. Any other outcome will result in the elimination of Fakes.

Ariel Rebel, Ugly Duckling and Ibidem like this.
  13. Ibidem

Ibidem Member

Professor Callous is even better than calculator!

CALLOUS and Ugly Duckling like this.
  14. M Dragon

M Dragon Member

Won 2-0 vs Nails
    ggs

Ariel Rebel and CALLOUS like this.
  15. CALLOUS

Replays

16. Ariel Rebel

Ariel Rebel God is Greatest Member

I am impressed at how timely your narration uploads were throughout this CALLOUS

Good stuff as always. Can say that I've enjoyed the majority of the games. Hoping the remainder of the tournament will be just as exciting.

You and UD going to be a sick series.

17. Ugly Duckling

Ugly Duckling Member

So what is the deadline for me and M Dragon?

18. CALLOUS

You have ten minutes. Go.

Ugly Duckling likes this.
  19. CALLOUS

Ugly Duckling I suppose the real answer is you basically have two weeks. This next round is 4 in lower bracket, then 2, then 1 and when we hit the 1 their opponent will be the loser of you and Dragon. So basically you guys just need to play before we hit that point. Of course, I'd strongly prefer if you didn't wait til the very last minute...

20. M Dragon

M Dragon Member

21. Fakes

Fakes Member

Won 2-1; ggs

thanks for being so flexible to shedule with gl in future

22. thelinearcurve

thelinearcurve Member

23. CALLOUS

As explained in my recent post, the result of Fakes winning 2-1 over Linear leaves us with all players in the three way pairing at 1-1 in matches, so we look at game count.

BKC- 3-2
    Linear- 3-3
    Fakes- 2-3

This results in the elimination of Fakes. He would have needed to beat Linear 2-0 as opposed to 2-1 in order to advance.

With that, I'll get the next round up. This is the final time we'll see random pairings. After this round, the path is straightforward.

Upper Bracket-

M Dragon vs Ugly Duckling

Lower Bracket-

autumn leaves vs VIL
    Nails vs thelinearcurve

Deadline for this round is Sunday July 2nd at 11:59PM EST.